Coalition in crisis

Australian Federal, State and Local Politics
Forum rules
Don't poop in these threads. This isn't Europe, okay? There are rules here!
lisa jones

Re: Coalition in crisis

Post by lisa jones » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:25 pm

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austral ... servatives

An interesting read.

The Australian Conservatives is a political party in Australia, formed as a breakaway from the Liberal Party of Australia and led by former Liberal Senator Cory Bernardi. The party was originally established as a conservative political activist group in July 2016, as response to the results of the 2016 federal election.

It was formed as a political party, after Bernardi's resignation from the Liberal party, following disagreements with the Coalition, its policies and leadership under Malcolm Turnbull.

Bernardi cited the results of the 2016 federal election as a motivator for the group's establishment, stating that "over 1.7m votes were cast for right-of-centre or conservative parties rather than the Liberal party", and that "the clear mission now is to bring people together for the good of the country.

Seems he's done his homework. I like him.

Plus ya know.....he's Italian 8-)
Last edited by lisa jones on Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I would rather die than sell my heart and soul to an online forum Anti Christ like you Monk

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:29 pm

lisa jones wrote:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austral ... servatives

An interesting read.
Agreed.

The first 3 "policies" are very attractive.

https://conservatives.com.au/

LEFTWINGER supreme

Post by LEFTWINGER supreme » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:58 pm

Sure are on your bleeding knees rtards , another 3 years of this train wreck government and you can look forward to 5 terms in opposition .

IQS.RLOW

Post by IQS.RLOW » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:07 pm

LEFTWINGER supreme wrote:Sure are on your bleeding knees rtards , another 3 years of this train wreck government and you can look forward to 5 terms in opposition .
History of the ALP in govt says you're wrong.
Not to mention, you're a fucking moron and your last brain taxing exercise was spent trying unsuccessfully to put together a Kinder Surprise.
Quote by Aussie: I was a long term dead beat, wife abusing, drunk, black Muslim, on the dole for decades prison escapee having been convicted of paedophilia

lisa jones

Post by lisa jones » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:39 am

IQS.RLOW wrote:
LEFTWINGER supreme wrote:Sure are on your bleeding knees rtards , another 3 years of this train wreck government and you can look forward to 5 terms in opposition .
Not to mention, you're a fucking moron and your last brain taxing exercise was spent trying unsuccessfully to put together a Kinder Surprise.
The fucking moron doesn't get that the ALP are hardly/if ever in office.

Hence why he's wanking his delusions online. Out of desperation. :rofl
I would rather die than sell my heart and soul to an online forum Anti Christ like you Monk

LEFTWINGER supreme

Post by LEFTWINGER supreme » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:57 am

60 40 in favour of Labor by June :giggle

Outlaw Yogi

Post by Outlaw Yogi » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:04 pm

When Mark Latham lost to John Howard in 2004, the ALP made Kim Beazley opposition boss. I said in 2005 Beazley can't win and "Kevin Rudd will be the next Australian PM". Then 'Kevin 07' proved me right.

I said the Poms would support UKID's EU exit, and they did.

I said Trump would win the US Presidency, and he has.

I've been saying Le Pen will become French Prez, and believe she will.

I also claimed Angela Merkel would become so unpopular in Germany,
she may need to seek political asylum in Switzerland, and now her prospects look pretty grim.

I think the Nationals will bust up the coalition and form a coalition with Cory Bernardi & Co, and the Nats reclaim some support lost to ON. I expect Katter's crew will join a pseudo-coalition with Pauline Hanson & Co. The Libs will become not much more than a minor party. Labor will continue to bleed voters to the Greens, and Labor will not be elected til they dump Shorten.

The result? ... A Conservative (Bernardi)- Nats and ON (Hanson) - KAP (Katter) coalition to rule in the near future.

Will this 4 way coalition be good or bad?

I really don't know ... :f

But it may just lead to the Greens achieving their desired 'Proportional Representation' agenda becoming reality. Personally, I hope not.
If Donald Trump is so close to the Ruskis, why couldn't he get Vladimir Putin to put novichok in Xi Jjinping's lipstick?

Wayne

Post by Wayne » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:32 am

Outlaw Yogi wrote:When Mark Latham lost to John Howard in 2004, the ALP made Kim Beazley opposition boss. I said in 2005 Beazley can't win and "Kevin Rudd will be the next Australian PM". Then 'Kevin 07' proved me right.

I said the Poms would support UKID's EU exit, and they did.

I said Trump would win the US Presidency, and he has.

I've been saying Le Pen will become French Prez, and believe she will.

I also claimed Angela Merkel would become so unpopular in Germany,
she may need to seek political asylum in Switzerland, and now her prospects look pretty grim.

I think the Nationals will bust up the coalition and form a coalition with Cory Bernardi & Co, and the Nats reclaim some support lost to ON. I expect Katter's crew will join a pseudo-coalition with Pauline Hanson & Co. The Libs will become not much more than a minor party. Labor will continue to bleed voters to the Greens, and Labor will not be elected til they dump Shorten.

The result? ... A Conservative (Bernardi)- Nats and ON (Hanson) - KAP (Katter) coalition to rule in the near future.

Will this 4 way coalition be good or bad?

I really don't know ... :f

But it may just lead to the Greens achieving their desired 'Proportional Representation' agenda becoming reality. Personally, I hope not.

Apart from the "stating the bleeding obvious statements in the first part of your posting, this bit is very interesting.

Any Liberal who defects to Bernardi will be sent to Coventry - and looking at the current ,mob, there doesn't seem to be any who will do that anyway but as you write, the Nationals are a different matter. With an absolute moron in Barnaby Joyce as Leader, I imagine life under a Bernardi Leadership could easily tempt Nationals to switch over. Katter and Hanson are both a bit unstable, but maybe there is life in alikes? As for Labor, it is not only Shorten that is the problem. Most of their front bench are just tired, old or worn-out pollies who need to move on. Years of Rudd have probably disenchanted a lot of them - they should have kept Gillard, lost the election and started to rebuild. I can't see anyone on Labor's front bench who could replace Shorten thought, it is only the activities of the Coalition that are keeping them ahead in the polls

Wayne

Post by Wayne » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:36 am

lisa jones wrote:
IQS.RLOW wrote:

The fucking moron

Tut Tut - can you please keep your Hurstville language to Sparta? Innocent people browsing this topic may be offended by your "Lady Type" swearing and obvious bogan traits. It may be OK in the front bar of the Hurstville Pub, but not in open forum. Got that Love?

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:22 am

Wayne wrote:
lisa jones wrote:
IQS.RLOW wrote:

The fucking moron

Tut Tut - can you please keep your Hurstville language to Sparta? Innocent people browsing this topic may be offended by your "Lady Type" swearing and obvious bogan traits. It may be OK in the front bar of the Hurstville Pub, but not in open forum. Got that Love?
She is all class our Lisa Potty Mouth! :rofl