Government asleep at the wheel.

Australian Federal, State and Local Politics
Forum rules
Don't poop in these threads. This isn't Europe, okay? There are rules here!
billy the kid

Government asleep at the wheel.

Post by billy the kid » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:52 pm

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-02-03/ ... e/13115452
When I was in the workforce, if I woke up feeling crook, Id stay at home....
The point Im making is this....
A Brisbane based firm has developed a home test kit for covid.
On the 2nd February, 2021 it was announced that Ellume Health had signed a $300 million deal with....wait for it...the US
Government for this covid home test kit, which gives results in 15 minutes.....
WHY isnt the Australian Government negotiating the immediate availability of this test for Australians....
We could get the test kit from our pharmacy, take it home, and if we felt crook, test ourselves for covid
and know within 15 minutes if we had it....
If we test positive...we self isolate...
This kit seems to have been ignored by our Government due to their insistence on everyone
being jabbed instead....
WHY cant we have both....
The TGA could approve it as a matter of urgency...
The Government could put it on the free list...
It would take pressure off the health system...
Arent we trusted to test ourselves...
This testing facility should be available to Australians...
We have test kits available for bowel cancer....
We have blood tests regularly for prostate cancer...
We have tests for breast cancer...
We have tests for cervical cancer...
We can literally get an MRI scan or bone scan at the drop of a hat....
BUT we cant have access to a home test kit for a worldwide pandemic
which is killing millions....
INSTEAD...we allow the sale of the kit to the USA...
I dont get it... :roll: :roll: :roll:
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...

Black Orchid

Re: Government asleep at the wheel.

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:39 am

I've mentioned this before and it made me mad at the time. These home test kits were developed in AUSTRALIA and are claimed to be 95% accurate. We sell them to the US in a 'landmark' deal yet we can't have access to them here. Now I'm just mad all over again.

We need antibody tests to be utilised here too.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:23 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:39 am
I've mentioned this before and it made me mad at the time. These home test kits were developed in AUSTRALIA and are claimed to be 95% accurate. We sell them to the US in a 'landmark' deal yet we can't have access to them here. Now I'm just mad all over again.

Again. WHY do we invent stuff then America takes the praise? Happens all the bloody time!

Aussie Inventions

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:45 pm

In a society structured the way ours is you need some critical thinkers but not too many, only maybe 5% of the population, those are the decision makers, the people that need to make the "call" on the spot and get the non-critical thinkers into action based on their decision....
Right now our governments are using the non-critical thinkers as a horde of sheep to keep everyone else inline....
But that can only last so long because in social circles many of the sheep are friends with the critical thinkers and look to them for daily advice on various issues.....
Once their critical thinking friend says "yeah but think about this ......." and drops a logic bomb blowing up one of the talking snakes (Fauci's) lies and they see it clearly the trust is gone, forever....
Conjob19 bullshit can only go on for so long, the shelf life is expiring right now in front of us.
Classic example...
I went to get a coffee yesterday..across the road at a business, Channel 7 were interviewing people...
All those interviewed had masks on....someone without a mask tried to speak...the journos refused to
talk to him..wouldnt have a bar of him....
WHY NOT...well, you see, the narrative of obedient mask wearing has to be shown on the idiot box...and..
everyone has to be shown as obeying the narrative...therefore supporting the incompetent Qld government....
Naysayers have to be banned....
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:08 pm

Neferti~ wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:23 pm
Black Orchid wrote:

Again. WHY do we invent stuff then America takes the praise? Happens all the bloody time!

Aussie Inventions
They're not taking the praise. They are taking the initiative.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:56 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:08 pm
Neferti~ wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:

Aussie Inventions
I don't know about "initiative" but the USA seem to have "approved" them a LOT faster than we have.
The Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) is working with suppliers to ensure that Australia has tests available to support efforts in managing the COVID-19 emergency.

All COVID-19 test kits must be approved for inclusion in the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (ARTG), in order to be legally supplied in Australia.
https://www.tga.gov.au/legal-supply-covid-19-test-kits

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:10 pm

The blatant reason that these kits are not available in Australia, nor have they been
approved for use in Australia by the TGA is that if approved, the grubberments vaccination
rollout would be seriously undermined.
People would be smart enough to think.."well...Im not getting the jab...if I feel crook, Ill
do the test....."
Plain as day....
Which obviously suggests that the governments vaccine narrative is not transparent....
BUT what else is new.....

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:17 pm

billy the kid wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:10 pm
The blatant reason that these kits are not available in Australia, nor have they been
approved for use in Australia by the TGA is that if approved, the grubberments vaccination
rollout would be seriously undermined.
People would be smart enough to think.."well...Im not getting the jab...if I feel crook, Ill
do the test....."
Plain as day....
Which obviously suggests that the governments vaccine narrative is not transparent....
BUT what else is new.....
Clever lot, aren't we? :rofl Dumb bloody Government! You obviously don't need a high IQ to be a pollie, but we already knew that, didn't we? :rofl

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:12 pm

Neferti~ wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:56 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:08 pm
Neferti~ wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:

Aussie Inventions
I don't know about "initiative" but the USA seem to have "approved" them a LOT faster than we have.
The Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) is working with suppliers to ensure that Australia has tests available to support efforts in managing the COVID-19 emergency.

All COVID-19 test kits must be approved for inclusion in the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (ARTG), in order to be legally supplied in Australia.
https://www.tga.gov.au/legal-supply-covid-19-test-kits
That refers to the testing we are using here now and of course it has to be approved.

I'm not sure what you are trying to get at. The US bought the rapid tests developed in Australia but it has been said all along that we won't be using them because our Chief Medical Officer, Paul Kelly, says we don't need them.

You can't blame the US for that and they're certainly not trying to take any praise. The only one to blame here is Paul Kelly and our government.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:37 pm

You said:

I called it the USA (via yourself) "taking the praise" and you corrected me and said "initiative".

I then said:
Did the USA Medical people "approve" these kits quickly or not? We still haven't and now it is Paul Kelly's fault?