How can Australia repair its relationship with France after the AUKUS submarine row?

Australian Federal, State and Local Politics
Forum rules
Don't poop in these threads. This isn't Europe, okay? There are rules here!
Redneck

Re: How can Australia repair its relationship with France after the AUKUS submarine row?

Post by Redneck » Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:34 am

Gordon wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:23 pm
This is interesting

https://www.tiktok.com/@hypohystericalh ... 1885992194
Yes very interesting thanks Gordy!

Redneck

Re: How can Australia repair its relationship with France after the AUKUS submarine row?

Post by Redneck » Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:36 am

I actually wondered if we could rent a few subs off the frogs to fill in pending the arrival of the US/UK ones.

Outlaw Yogi

Post by Outlaw Yogi » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:32 pm

If we have to go nuke, go nuke .. but I'm not convinced nuke sub would save our arse.
Throughout history, of which war is (and always has been) a major factor, small countries (that's us) win battles/wars against big countries (that's China) by asymmetry - to neutralise overwhelming mass. That means developing weapons/strategies China doesn't have (secret).
I know we have a secret camouflage - looks like gum leaves - but that's only of use if they land troops on our soil.

There's no doubt the future of major conflicts/battles will be won or lost by the use of drones - on the land, in the air and in the water.
Of course China knows this too, and has a huge manufacturing base care of western world corporations to make them.
But fortunately The Japanese (our allies) are ahead of the Chinese in mechatronics/robotics.

The Russians sold China Shivkal missiles - fly at 500 m/p/h underwater - so are immune to radar. Designed to take out aircraft carriers, but can be used as ICBMs.
The Chinese have developed this concept into hypersonics.

Big blunder on our part. Hypersonic missiles/rockets use scram jets, and it was Australians who developed scram jets running on hydrogen, which NASA said they'd buy ... till Elon subsidy scammer Musk created SpaceX. So it's obvious we need to continue with development of hypersonic scram jet missiles.

The Japanese are working on an electric rail gun, which the US stopped working on about 20 years ago.
Most high powered rifles send projectiles at around 3000 ft/p/sec.
A rail gun can send a 1 ounce projectile at 20,000 ft/p/sec ... that's enough velocity to smash a tank with no explosives.
The Americans reckon rail guns need too much electricity for mobile applications, but the Japs reckon its ability to rapidly create a dispersed field of projectiles is the best bet against hypersonic missiles.

To beat China (and we must) will require strategy. That means concentrating on their weaknesses.
One of China's greatest weaknesses is they can only just feed their population.
So one of our first strikes will be to sink China's armed fishing fleet, and I suspect aquatic drone mine attachment devices or drone torpedos will do the trick.

China (and Russia) have created ships to locate and sever underwater internet cables. We need to find counter measures for this.
China (and Russia) are developing space weapons to destroy satellites (I always said U$A relied too much on satellites and electronics) and fire missiles from orbit.
Fortunately The yanks are working on a counter measure. They've discovered birds can see the electromagnetic field lines around the planet to navigate, and so are developing censors for navigation without GPS.

... hmmm, that'll do for now ... may revisit this topic.
If Donald Trump is so close to the Ruskis, why couldn't he get Vladimir Putin to put novichok in Xi Jjinping's lipstick?