Gomez Adams' trainset

Australian Federal, State and Local Politics
Forum rules
Don't poop in these threads. This isn't Europe, okay? There are rules here!
Outlaw Yogi

Gomez Adams' trainset

Post by Outlaw Yogi » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:41 pm

I never was an Adams Family fan, but I loved the Munsters.
If you remember Gomez Adams' trainset you'll recall it always crashed and burned.
So yes the thread title is a metaphor.
For what? - The EV/electric car industry.

Remember the South Oz 2016 blackout that the left said "wasn't caused by wind turbines"?
Remember Elon Musk promised a $100mil mega battery "in 100 days or it's free".
Well 5 years later the battery's up and running .. don't know if price blew out or if he honoured the freebie promise, but the corporate left have jumped on the buck-up battery band wagon big time. Now there's heaps of them and much bigger than Musk's too.
Only problem is they, like EVs/electric cars have a tendency to spontaneously combust.
One recently here in Oz (forget where) burnt for 3 days.

EVs/electric cars have the same habit. One lit up on a Hwy in Texan and the Fire Dept had to ring Tesla and ask them how to put the fire out.
In that regard EVs are a bit like nuke reactors, you either smother it in wet cement or wait for the fuel to run out.

The left are pushing EVs but people aren't buying them, either because they're (EVs) seen as 'for trendy wankers', impractical (over 24hrs for a full charge) or because who wants a car that burns before you crash it?

The left are trying to make them psuedo-compulsory by demanding production/manufacture of internal combustion engines cars be banned by 2032.
Annastacia Palawhateverthefuckitis (Qld Premier) wants mandatory EV chargers in all new high rise buildings.

Y'know what I reckon will kill the EV/electric car industry?
Insurance.

Remember the fall of the twin towers on 9/11?
The jet fuel cause such intense heat the bolts holding the beams to the up-rights failed and the floors pancaked.
Well these EVs are spontaneously combusting due to short circuiting. Eventually the manufacturers will sort it out.

Remember some Muslim with a bent for martyrdom worked out you can make liquid explosives from supermarket items like bleach and cloudy ammonia?
Well some Allah hu Akbar ranter is going to work out if you park an EV in a high rise car park, lift the bonnet, squirt a bottle of water on the circuitry, you could burn a city down one high rise at a time.
If you think concrete will survive, think again. When concrete gets hot, it explodes.

There's no need to remake the auto industry. Internal combustion engines run just fine on hydrogen, and the exhaust is water.
If Donald Trump is so close to the Ruskis, why couldn't he get Vladimir Putin to put novichok in Xi Jjinping's lipstick?

Valkie

Re: Gomez Adams' trainset

Post by Valkie » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:11 pm

Outlaw Yogi wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:41 pm
I never was an Adams Family fan, but I loved the Munsters.
If you remember Gomez Adams' trainset you'll recall it always crashed and burned.
So yes the thread title is a metaphor.
For what? - The EV/electric car industry.

Remember the South Oz 2016 blackout that the left said "wasn't caused by wind turbines"?
Remember Elon Musk promised a $100mil mega battery "in 100 days or it's free".
Well 5 years later the battery's up and running .. don't know if price blew out or if he honoured the freebie promise, but the corporate left have jumped on the buck-up battery band wagon big time. Now there's heaps of them and much bigger than Musk's too.
Only problem is they, like EVs/electric cars have a tendency to spontaneously combust.

EVs/electric cars have the same habit. One lit up on a Hwy in Texan and the Fire Dept had to ring Tesla and ask them how to put the fire out.
In that regard EVs are a bit like nuke reactors, you either smother it in wet cement or wait for the fuel to run out.

The left are pushing EVs but people aren't buying them, either because they're (EVs) seen as 'for trendy wankers', impractical (over 24hrs for a full charge) or because who wants a car that burns before you crash it?

The left are trying to make them psuedo-compulsory by demanding production/manufacture of internal combustion engines cars be banned by 2032.
Annastacia Palawhateverthefuckitis (Qld Premier) wants mandatory EV chargers in all new high rise buildings.

Y'know what I reckon will kill the EV/electric car industry?
Insurance.

Remember the fall of the twin towers on 9/11?
The jet fuel cause such intense heat the bolts holding the beams to the up-rights failed and the floors pancaked.
Well these EVs are spontaneously combusting due to short circuiting. Eventually the manufacturers will sort it out.

Remember some Muslim with a bent for martyrdom worked out you can make liquid explosives from supermarket items like bleach and cloudy ammonia?
Well some Allah hu Akbar ranter is going to work out if you park an EV in a high rise car park, lift the bonnet, squirt a bottle of water on the circuitry, you could burn a city down one high rise at a time.
If you think concrete will survive, think again. When concrete gets hot, it explodes.

There's no need to remake the auto industry. Internal combustion engines run just fine on hydrogen, and the exhaust is water.
You forgot to mention that once these roman candles start burning, you cannot put them out.

It requires a special blend of "VERY EXPENSIVE AND VERY TOXIC" materials to put them out and no fire stations in Australia have any of the toxic stuff available.

From what I have read, the only objective is to keep the water flowing on anything near them and let them burn themselves out.
Oh, and by the way, as they burn the emit more toxic and carcinogenic materials into the air.

Sort of defeats the purpose.
I have a dream
A world free from the plague of Islam
A world that has never known the horrors of the cult of death.
My hope is that in time, Islam will be nothing but a bad dream

Outlaw Yogi

Re: Gomez Adams' trainset

Post by Outlaw Yogi » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:33 pm

Valkie wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:11 pm

You forgot to mention that once these roman candles start burning, you cannot put them out.

It requires a special blend of "VERY EXPENSIVE AND VERY TOXIC" materials to put them out and no fire stations in Australia have any of the toxic stuff available.

From what I have read, the only objective is to keep the water flowing on anything near them and let them burn themselves out.
Oh, and by the way, as they burn the emit more toxic and carcinogenic materials into the air.

Sort of defeats the purpose.
No I didn't forget, I mentioned it, without saying it explicitly.
Outlaw Yogi wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:41 pm

EVs/electric cars have the same habit. One lit up on a Hwy in Texan [CORRECTION: Texas] and the Fire Dept had to ring Tesla and ask them how to put the fire out.

If Donald Trump is so close to the Ruskis, why couldn't he get Vladimir Putin to put novichok in Xi Jjinping's lipstick?