Libs targetting Wogs, Abos and homeless in next election

Australian Federal, State and Local Politics
Forum rules
Don't poop in these threads. This isn't Europe, okay? There are rules here!
Valkie

Re: Libs targetting Wogs, Abos and homeless in next election

Post by Valkie » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:35 pm

Once, you had to be a home or land owner to vote.

This principle worked to ensure policy was for those who were of a higher class.

Now anyone can vote, even women.

There needs to be a better system.
You should have a job or be retired from work.
Dole bludgers should not get a vote as they have not contributed, so deserve no voice.

That would be better for the people who contributed to society, as placating the worthless in society only predisposed them to be more vocal about their parasitic existence. And politicians generally want to stop the noise rather than help the silent majority.
I have a dream
A world free from the plague of Islam
A world that has never known the horrors of the cult of death.
My hope is that in time, Islam will be nothing but a bad dream

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:27 am

Bit of an update:

----------------------------------------------------

Voter identity proposal dead in water after deal with Labor

The federal government has dropped controversial proposed laws moments after an outburst by Jacqui Lambie.
A major proposal requiring voters provide evidence of their identity before casting their ballots is dead in the water after the government agreed to drop the bill.

The changes were flagged by the government last month and have been panned by Labor and Aboriginal land councils as racist due to concerns it would unfairly disadvantage remote and Indigenous voters.

It had hoped to pass the laws ahead of next year’s federal election but the path to pass the legislation was blocked again on Wednesday after Senator Lambie added her name to those opposing the bill.

“I don’t think the laws do the job. I’ll be voting no on the Morrison government’s laws,” the outspoken senator said.

“I can accept that there might be a problem here. I don’t think there’s evidence that there is widespread voter fraud. I don’t think there is evidence that it’s becoming widespread.”

Senator Lambie’s announcement followed a public survey on her website in which two thirds of voters opposed the laws.

“In every state and territory, a majority of voters opposed the bill.

“In the Northern Territory, which is one of the jurisdictions people have focused on during the debate around this bill, the numbers were overwhelming.”

Not long after Senator Lambie made her position public, the government quietly dropped the legislation after coming to a deal with Labor.

In return, the opposition will back a proposal to force charities to reveal their donors.

Prior to Wednesday, the government’s hopes had been pinned on Centre Alliance Senator Stirling Griff, after Labor, the Greens and independent Senator Rex Patrick said they would not support the bill.

Earlier this month, Senator Patrick labelled the proposal a “solution looking for a problem”.

“(The government) do not have my support at this point in time and it is unlikely they will get it.”

Senator Griff has previously said he generally supported the principle of voters needing to provide identification.

Centre Alliance has said it would push for the bill to be sent to an inquiry.

Senator Griff’s lower house colleague Rebekha Sharkie last week told NCA Newswire the changes could have a devastating impact on the democratic rights of some of Australia’s most vulnerable people.

“What we can see is a significant correlation between being remote and not participating in elections, and also being Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander,” Ms Sharkie said.

“I do not want to support any legislation that would just add another barrier to Aboriginal people or remote people voting.

“I would like to see a really thorough investigation, as well as looking at should this bill get through and the staffing implications.”

Adding to the Coalition’s woes is the threat from its own Senators, Alex Antic and Gerard Rennick, to not support any government legislation until Prime Minister Scott Morrison deals with the state issue of vaccine mandates.

https://www.news.com.au/national/politi ... 25adcd6e34

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:46 am

How do the remote Aborigines even get their political news in order to make an informed vote? 8-)

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:53 am

Black Orchid wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:46 am
How do the remote Aborigines even get their political news in order to make an informed vote? 8-)
I dont know,

but I think half the normal voters have sfa idea about politics

and either follow what their parents/husband/wife did or make up their mind just before voting by whats on the news!

:roll: :roll:

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:59 am

I can't see politics being at the top of the remote Aborigines sphere of interest but, over the years, I think I've voted for them all. Have you?

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:04 am

Black Orchid wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:59 am
I can't see politics being at the top of the remote Aborigines sphere of interest but, over the years, I think I've voted for them all. Have you?
I have always voted Labor.

So I am used to losing! :rofl :rofl :rofl

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:27 am

I have to wonder why, Red? Shorten's top priority was to install a Gender Commission headed by a Gender Commissioner (probably Carlotta).

You don't seem to me to be the sort of person that would buy into that sort of platform so why would you blindly support it? I doubt your parents, or their parents, would. The ALP is a long long way from where it started.

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:35 am

Black Orchid wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:27 am
I have to wonder why, Red? Shorten's top priority was to install a Gender Commission headed by a Gender Commissioner (probably Carlotta).

You don't seem to me to be the sort of person that would buy into that sort of platform so why would you blindly support it? I doubt your parents, or their parents, would. The ALP is a long long way from where it started.
Cant really say I remember it.

Anyway I guess one doesnt base ones vote on one policy,

in fact they had too many policies announced before the last election which enabled Morrison to create a great scare campaign. I notice Albo is not announcing much at all this time around.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:56 am

He's probably too busy watching his back. :lol:

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:00 am

Black Orchid wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:56 am
He's probably too busy watching his back. :lol:
Yeah agree, he doesnt really instill confidence in me, although not sure who would be any better?

Of course the other issue is the ALP have very complicated rules regarding a challenge among others is a rule requiring 50% of the vote for a new leader comes from party membership and 50% from Federal Parliamentary Labor