Libs targetting Wogs, Abos and homeless in next election

Australian Federal, State and Local Politics
Forum rules
Don't poop in these threads. This isn't Europe, okay? There are rules here!
Redneck

Libs targetting Wogs, Abos and homeless in next election

Post by Redneck » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:48 am

Arsehole Morriscum is apparently introducing dodgy legislation that requires voters to show proof of identity when voting in the next election.

This is obviously aimed at Abos and the homeless who might not have id and of course are likely to vote Labor.

https://www.news.com.au/national/politi ... er-id-laws...

Centre Alliance MP Rebekha Sharkie told NCA NewsWire the proposed laws may sound logical on face value but would likely cause voter participation among Indigenous and migrant populations to plummet.

“What we can see is a significant correlation between being remote and not participating in elections, and also being Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander,” Ms Sharkie said.

“I do not want to support any legislation that would just add another barrier to Aboriginal people or remote people voting.”

Black Orchid

Re: Libs targetting Wogs, Abos and homeless in next election

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:08 am

Bob Carr used to round up all the abos and homeless on election day in Sydney and bus them to the voting booths then give them a free morning tea for their vote. So a vote for a cup of tea and a biscuit.

These people have no clue about what they are doing. If you are informed enough to vote on your own without bribes you are perfectly capable of obtaining an ID. They're free. If you can't manage that you are clueless and shouldn't be voting period.

If you only vote for a cup of tea and a biscuit you are dangerous to the welfare of all Australians. Left or right. Geez I can't see why some of you people have such a problem with voter ID.

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:22 am

I have a problem with Libs trying to stack the election.

It has worked quite OK without ID to date so leave well enough alone!.

This aint Trumps America

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:55 am

Proving you are eligible to vote in a federal election is NOT stacking the election! :roll:

I've always had to produce ID to vote and I wasn't given a cup of tea and a biscuit to sway me. :grn

Doing it your way could very well see us in big trouble down the line. Right now one third of Aussies were born overseas and that's only what's recorded and was for 2017. Be careful what you wish for.

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:02 am

Thats a lot of bullshit.

I have never had to produce id to vote.

As far as that Bob Carr slur is concerned I am sure the Libs have done similar , like picking up people from old peoples homes on voting day.

Next your lot will be objecting to early voting which is widespread nowdays!

Leave well enough alone is my advice

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:05 am

What about postal voting is that next Trumpard?

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:10 am

You're being ridiculous. I also vote early and by mail. Oh and guess what? I had to prove who I was before I could do that but now it's automatic. I guess you have a problem with being marked off the electoral roll when you get your ballots and vote in person too.

I can only hope that Canberra gets swamped with immigrants who don't have to show any ID to vote.

Ahh and now the abuse starts. Well done, Red, always true to form! :thumb

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:15 am

I dont have a problem at all with the present system as i have already stated.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:34 am

What you are obviously forgetting is that before you even get on the electoral roll to begin with you have to show ID and prove who you are by way of a passport, driver's licence etc. If you're not on the roll you can't vote. When you vote in person they cross your name off but you have already proven who you are to begin with.

https://aec.gov.au/enrol/

The same goes for postal votes. In order to be eligible for postal voting you also initially have to produce a passport, driver's licence etc and be enrolled at your current address.

https://www.aec.gov.au/Enrolling_to_vot ... voters.htm

So if you are happy with the current system you are also happy with having to produce ID before you are eligible to vote. :roll:

But if you now want random people just walking in off the street and being able to vote without knowing who they are your crazy! It's not being a Trumptard it's common sense. :roll:

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:00 pm

Of course I had to get on the electoral roll back around 1963 by whatever means that applied then.

So now why will I have show ID when voting under this proposed change.

The system has worked quite well to date as i see it.

Anyway lets agree to disagree!