Election Sportsbet.

Australian Federal, State and Local Politics
Forum rules
Don't poop in these threads. This isn't Europe, okay? There are rules here!
Left is Best

Re: Election Sportsbet.

Post by Left is Best » Sun May 22, 2022 9:11 pm

Yep wasn't close at all , liberals got a good spanking

J o h n S m i t h

Post by J o h n S m i t h » Mon May 23, 2022 6:11 pm

Bobby wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 7:45 pm
https://www.sportsbet.com.au/betting/po ... ia-4664855

Sportsbet.

The odds are changing fast.
Labor $1.52
Lib/Nats $2.65

Will ScoMo have another miracle win?

this sort of stupidity is exactly why goober still rents despite claiming he's worked all his life :rofl :rofl

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Mon May 23, 2022 7:58 pm

I wonder how long before the LNP knives come out and just say it.....the scumbag cost them large.

J o h n S m i t h

Post by J o h n S m i t h » Mon May 23, 2022 8:16 pm

Aussie wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 7:58 pm
I wonder how long before the LNP knives come out and just say it.....the scumbag cost them large.
Depends on whether or not they want to win another election, or whether they want to pretend.

If they want to win another election they have to admit to themselves that they've gone to far to the right and scummo was a result of that

or they can lie, pretend it was all scummo, and put Dutton in as leader.

Personally I hope they put Dutton in as leader, it's a much better result for a labor voter like me. Leave the independents to run the opposition.

lisa jones

Post by lisa jones » Mon May 23, 2022 8:51 pm

Redneck wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 10:07 am
lisa jones wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 9:37 am
Bobby wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 5:53 pm
Who will win - Albo or ScoMo?
It's going to be very close IMO.

For whatever reason I just can't see Albo as Prime Minister material. The ALP should have pushed someone else forward. Like Jason Clare.
I tend to agree, Albo is not very impressive although he has my vote so lets see what happens.

FFS we dont need the Libs for a fourth term in a row, we need new ideas.
Agreed.

The new ideas however will not be coming from either Liberal OR Labor though. These 2 oligarchs have been seriously wasting our time. We do need a fresh approach and that will be coming from the Independents.

Both major parties need to change their staff profiles and policy platforms to include more women. Professional women who are educated, married with kids and who are Gen X, Gen Y. These women effectively represent important generations within Australia's population which are currently providing a lot of tax money for our respective governments. As Gen X myself I'm demanding a voice and I'd like to see appropriate role models who we can relate to and identify with. I'm sick of hearing about inclusion. It's got to be more than just lip service/rhetoric. Women should be seen AND heard across senior and executive levels of parliament. The Liberal Party has only just woken up to this reality sigh.

That does NOT mean we sneak in a female Prime Minister after Australia voted for her male colleague in order to then announce that Australia has a female PM. Women should stand for election and women should be allowed to be Opposition Leaders in their own right.

So many things need to change in Australian politics. A well overdue spring clean has started and I'm hoping it continues.

As regards Albo right now...I actually feel quite sorry for him. What a dreadful time to stumble into such a role with increasing inflation and a terrible post Covid19 recession.

After reviewing the interviews given by Albo, there's now no doubt in my mind that only 1 Labor politician was willing to put his hand up for the challenge of risking his political career by jumping into the deep end. That person also required humility and true dedication knowing full well he was going into a mine field.

Albo has been installed and may not last long because of his economic and budget inexperience, his anxiety and inability to recall facts/figures ... but he has my respect nonetheless if only for his humility and willingness to give it a go.

Labor's real leader lies with Jason Clare. He ticks all the right boxes.

The Liberal Party need to find a new leader. I would love to see Karen Andrews in that role NOT Peter Dutton. It's high time a woman had a go as Liberal Party Leader.

Ensuring more women are pre selected would not hurt either of the 2 major parties.
I would rather die than sell my heart and soul to an online forum Anti Christ like you Monk

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Mon May 23, 2022 10:00 pm

You 'demand a voice.'

How did that go?

Would voting UAP provide any voice?

lisa jones

Post by lisa jones » Mon May 23, 2022 10:06 pm

Aussie wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 10:00 pm
You 'demand a voice.'

How did that go?

My family and I put forward protest votes.

We're in a safe Liberal seat.

So that's pretty much all we could do.

Edit : My days of holding up placards and protesting in the streets ended in the 1990's. As a Uni student. And that was against Paul Keating's introduction of Uni fees.
I would rather die than sell my heart and soul to an online forum Anti Christ like you Monk

lisa jones

Post by lisa jones » Mon May 23, 2022 10:11 pm

Aussie wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 10:00 pm
You 'demand a voice.'

How did that go?

Aussie ... whilst here ... tell me what you think of Albo.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Mon May 23, 2022 10:12 pm

J o h n S m i t h wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 6:11 pm
Bobby wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 7:45 pm
https://www.sportsbet.com.au/betting/po ... ia-4664855

Sportsbet.

The odds are changing fast.
Labor $1.52
Lib/Nats $2.65

Will ScoMo have another miracle win?

this sort of stupidity is exactly why brave Bobby still rents despite claiming he's worked all his life :rofl :rofl

That's because I sold my 3 bedroom renovated house to move to another location for work.
I was then retrenched a bit over 2 years later just as I was about to buy another house.
Glad I didn't buy it.
I then moved back to a better location closer to where I want to live but
I haven't bought another house yet.
I don't know if I'll stay here or move somewhere else.
Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

J o h n S m i t h

Post by J o h n S m i t h » Tue May 24, 2022 6:33 pm

Bobby wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 10:12 pm

That's because I sold my 3 bedroom renovated house to move to another location for work.
what was wrong with renting out your house and using that rent to pay the rent in your new location? ALWAYS hang onto your fixed assets you moron. That would also have allowed you to claim any interest you were still paying (assuming you still had a mortgage on the house) as a tax deduction
Bobby wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 10:12 pm
I haven't bought another house yet.
you've been out of the market for too long. Prices have gone up at least $300k since you sold, probably much more in Melbourne. You can't afford to buy a house now :oops