Australian immigration

Australian Federal, State and Local Politics
Forum rules
Don't poop in these threads. This isn't Europe, okay? There are rules here!
Aquarius

Re: Australian immigration

Post by Aquarius » Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:18 pm

by Black Orchid » Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:55 pm

The Chinese aren't even living in a lot of these houses/apartments they buy and that is driving the rental market up up up.

Chris Minns is now trying to force local Councils into changing their zoning to medium density to build unit blocks for the Chinese and there is no limit as to how many they can purchase in each complex and, again, they leave many empty. For decades both sides of government have said they would put a limit on how many units foreigners can buy in a complex but neither side has ever set a limit. All talk.

There are some beautiful Federation style well built, strong houses in areas like Roseville, Killara, Lindfield etc and the government is forcing old people out of their homes so they can raze them and build apartments for the Chinese.

The whole thing is an absolute disgrace.
Chatswood used to be my old stamping ground when I grew up just over the Roseville Bridge - which was then Warringah. I was going out with a cop from Chatswood police station when Hong Kong was about to be returned to the Chinese and he said that Hong Kong police had notified Chatswood police to expect to receive tens of thousands of Hong Kong immigrants and that a sizeable proportion of those would be Chinese criminals in the drug trade that would no longer be able to operate under the Chinese govt. And that these immigrants would be settling in Chatswood and surrounding areas - which is exactly what happened.

So yes, you only have to go to Chatswood to see all those beautiful federation homes which are now multi storey unit blocks full of Chinese. It has become the Asian capital of the north. And they are buying and spreading all over the surrounding areas.

Jasin

Post by Jasin » Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:56 pm

They did try to say 10 years ago that Sydney was indeed full and to force new immigrants out into Regional areas - but it was just a hot air fad.
I've seen Austral and far western Sydney, where farming was good suddenly get covered over by just more suburbs in sprawl just to accommodate these new immigrants. Reckon the Building Industry is loving it (which I was a part of for awhile). They make sure they build Block Houses which cost more to buy, rather than smaller cheaper homes.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:01 pm

Aquarius wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:18 pm
by Black Orchid » Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:55 pm

The Chinese aren't even living in a lot of these houses/apartments they buy and that is driving the rental market up up up.

Chris Minns is now trying to force local Councils into changing their zoning to medium density to build unit blocks for the Chinese and there is no limit as to how many they can purchase in each complex and, again, they leave many empty. For decades both sides of government have said they would put a limit on how many units foreigners can buy in a complex but neither side has ever set a limit. All talk.

There are some beautiful Federation style well built, strong houses in areas like Roseville, Killara, Lindfield etc and the government is forcing old people out of their homes so they can raze them and build apartments for the Chinese.

The whole thing is an absolute disgrace.
Chatswood used to be my old stamping ground when I grew up just over the Roseville Bridge - which was then Warringah. I was going out with a cop from Chatswood police station when Hong Kong was about to be returned to the Chinese and he said that Hong Kong police had notified Chatswood police to expect to receive tens of thousands of Hong Kong immigrants and that a sizeable proportion of those would be Chinese criminals in the drug trade that would no longer be able to operate under the Chinese govt. And that these immigrants would be settling in Chatswood and surrounding areas - which is exactly what happened.

So yes, you only have to go to Chatswood to see all those beautiful federation homes which are now multi storey unit blocks full of Chinese. It has become the Asian capital of the north. And they are buying and spreading all over the surrounding areas.
Chattywoo it's called now! Then there's Eatywoo (Eastwood) and I can't remember what they call Epping. GorDON. Many many storefronts, illegaly, only display Chinese symbols too. No English.

When Hong Kong was handed back to the Chinese many bought homes in and around Sydney and then sent their young kids here and left them without supervision. They thought if their kids were well educated, well fed and clothed etc that they didn't need family.

There was one Chinese girl, Joyce, at my son's primary school and she lived alone for years until it was found out. She had a credit tab at the local supermarket and other organised credit but she lived in a huge house all alone. She was only found out when the next door neighbour passed away as the neighbour had been keeping an eye out for her as Joyce was in the same class as the neighbour's son.

After that many cases like this were found in and around Sydney. Several kids under 12 to a house and all living by themselves.

I've said this before and been yelled down by the moonbats with cries of BS or "racist" but it's absolutely true.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:05 pm

Jasin wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:56 pm
They did try to say 10 years ago that Sydney was indeed full and to force new immigrants out into Regional areas - but it was just a hot air fad.
I've seen Austral and far western Sydney, where farming was good suddenly get covered over by just more suburbs in sprawl just to accommodate these new immigrants. Reckon the Building Industry is loving it (which I was a part of for awhile). They make sure they build Block Houses which cost more to buy, rather than smaller cheaper homes.
I've never even heard of some of the suburbs of Sydney now. I hear something on the news and think "where the hell is that?"

Jasin

Post by Jasin » Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:57 pm

It's only a process of profiteering. Those Suburbs will eventually be flattened and high rise apartment 'slums' pumped up for mass-production peoples, like Chinese, Indians or whoever like that sort of living. Quality is now forfeited in favour of Quantity in regards to living standards in Sydney.

Aquarius

Post by Aquarius » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:26 am

I was just replying to a post by Black Orchid when I got a phone call. I clicked on Save Draft - and now can't find that draft to continue. :?:

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:33 pm

Aquarius wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:26 am
I was just replying to a post by Black Orchid when I got a phone call.
I clicked on Save Draft - and now can't find that draft to continue. :?:
I just saved a draft now - I can't find it either.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:47 pm

Click on your name at the very top right then go to your User Control Panel.

Under the 'Overview' tab on the left scroll down to 'Manage Drafts' and they should be there.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:03 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:47 pm
Click on your name at the very top right then go to your User Control Panel.

Under the 'Overview' tab on the left scroll down to 'Manage Drafts' and they should be there.
I only had one word - test.
You're right thanks but this is what it turns out like when I copy and paste:

<r><QUOTE author="Aquarius" post_id="334763" time="1712791607" user_id="11890"><s>
Aquarius wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:26 am
</s>
I was just replying to a post by Black Orchid when I got a phone call. I clicked on Save Draft - and now can't find that draft to continue. <E>:?:</E>
<e>
</e></QUOTE>

<br/>
test</r>

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:55 pm

I tried it and just typed "I'll try it" and this is what I got ...

<t>I'll try it.</t>

I guess you just need to clean it up and then C&P it back into the post reply box.