NSW minister Tony Kelly threatens to shoot ICA rep

Australian Federal, State and Local Politics
Forum rules
Don't poop in these threads. This isn't Europe, okay? There are rules here!
freediver

NSW minister Tony Kelly threatens to shoot ICA rep

Post by freediver » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:19 pm

... and gets away with it

No action against 'I'd Taser you' Minister

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008 ... site=local

The New South Wales Premier has refused to take action against a Minister who said he wanted to attack Insurance Council of Australia representatives with a stun gun.

Police and State Emergency Services (SES) Minister Tony Kelly made the remark in what has been described as a robust discussion about levies on insurance premiums.

Mr Kelly's office has confirmed he told taxation analyst Alex Sanchez he had to leave to make an announcement on Tasers, then said, "I wish I had a Taser here right now. I would Taser you."

The Minister's office says he rang later that day and offered an apology. Premier Nathan Rees says that is where the matter should lie.

"It was a throw-away comment," he said. "It was a facetious line to a couple of adults after what would have been a healthy exchange of views in an industry meeting, and that's that."

But Insurance Council spokesman Paul Giles says that is not how senior executives have described the incident.

"It appeared a lot more to them as more of a threat and not an offhand remark," he said.

The lobby group wants fire and SES levies on premiums dropped but Mr Giles says it is not attempting to use the incident as leverage.

Mr Kelly was handed the Police portfolio after his predecessor, Matt Brown, was sacked for lying to the Premier about dancing in his underpants at a post-Budget party in his parliamentary office.

The accusations have come just weeks after Small Business Minister Tony Stewart was sacked over allegations he touched and verbally abused a female staffer at a charity event.

White Indigene

Re: NSW minister Tony Kelly threatens to shoot ICA rep

Post by White Indigene » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:54 pm

http://www.bmlv.gv.at/pdf_pool/publikationen/cohe01.pdf

"former Australian Foreign Minister Gareth Evans described Co-operative Security as tending “to connote consultation rather than confrontation, reassurance rather than deterrence, transparency rather than secrecy, prevention rather than correction, and interdependence rather than unilateralism.”

http://www.bmlv.gv.at/

boxy

Post by boxy » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:20 pm

Yes, yes... I'm sure the poor poppets really thought that a politician was going to tazer their arses :roll:
"But you will run your fluffy bunny mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

White Indigene

Post by White Indigene » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:24 pm

Give it time.

Im sure commisar snowjob has one.

cynik

Post by cynik » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:41 am

Technically, the man is guilty of assault. Not battery, but absolutely assault.

Oh well, it is nice to know that in Australia the police do not charge government ministers for crimes committed in the full public view.

I just noticed.... he is the POLICE minister!!!!

What a farce of a nation.

Hebe

Post by Hebe » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:34 pm

What a farce of a nation.
:lol: Still coming back? Or are you staying in Vanilla Land?
The better I get to know people, the more I find myself loving dogs.

cynik

Post by cynik » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:24 am

Staying.

Australia is too hot, and too far away from the rest of the world.

But the big determiner, for the far future, is whether we have kids, and what kind. I would not want to take girls to Australia, but I would not want to bring up boys in Europe.

Call it my bias against homosexuality.

JW Frogen

Post by JW Frogen » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:07 pm

Having seen your snow boarding picalps avalanching down the Swiss slope I can comfort you cynik, you are in no danger of a homosexual man hitting on you.

Not even Elton John.

cynik

Post by cynik » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:20 am

I can't snowboard, frogen. Never have been able to. But you keep going with that angle.

Before that, what was your line? Yeah. I never had a law degree. I never studied law. I was never in the military. I was never in Switzerland.

It is all just a big lie, isn't it frogen?

Just because you lied about your whole past, doesn't mean you can project that onto others. And you were actually caught out.

Remember crying like a bitch and begging shrink to delete all your posts? Because someone in the real world found you out, and you were in danger of being exposed as the guy who pretended to have been in the military, and to have been in three wars, and have a degree, and all the shit you have dribbled?

I never asked anyone to delete my posts, frogen. You have a cheek. You fucking fraud rat.