Should transgenders have equal rights?

Australian Federal, State and Local Politics
Forum rules
Don't poop in these threads. This isn't Europe, okay? There are rules here!
mantra.

Re: Should transgenders have equal rights?

Post by mantra. » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:10 am

I asked what mantra was going to do with the info gained from testing babies in the womb, and you said "maybe even abort".
Abortion won't even have to be considered for transexuals in the future boxy. There may be a new official status introduced by the government called "intersex". So there will be three categories - male, female and intersex - a new legally recognised gender, although the transgender lobby want a fourth sex introduced called "other" for those who have no idea what they think they are. The mind boggles - but we can't accuse Rudd of being close minded.
THE Federal Government's human rights arm plans to invent a new official status called "intersex" adding it to male and female as a legally recognised gender.

The Human Rights and Equal Opportunities Commission wants people to be able to change their gender on their passports and driving licences even if they do not undergo surgery.

And transgender lobby groups say that even this does not go far enough and are demanding a fourth legal gender called "other" for people who feel like their gender is indefinable or changes from day to day.

The extraordinary proposals are contained in a discussion paper quietly issued to transgender and transexual advocates by the commission, a statutory body that advises the Government on such matters.

The paper, entitled Sex Files - The legal recognition of sex: Proposed reform, says the introduction of the new "intersex" gender is a "key feature of the reform proposal being developed by the commission".

"Recognition of intersex: Persons who cannot or do not identify as either male or female would be able to choose to be identified on their birth certificate and passport as intersex," it says.

"A person who cannot or chooses not to undergo surgery would not be automatically ineligible to request a change in their legal sex."

A response to the report by Sex and Gender Education Australia says there needs to be a fourth legal gender for people who are not even "intersex".

SAGE spokeswoman Tracie O'Keefe, a sexologist whose doctorate comes from a Californian hypnotherapy institute, is the co-author of the book Transpeople in Love, wrote: "The AHRC proposal does not go far enough in providing legal status and social spaces by only allowing people to be male, female and intersex."

Dr O'Keefe, who runs the Australian Health and Education Centre and the International Sex, Gender and Sexuality Clinic in Glebe, said cultures such as Native Americans had more than two genders.

Auzgurl

Post by Auzgurl » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:07 pm

Auzgurl wrote:
boxy wrote:Culling, eh?

your words not mine..

I wouldn't ever consider abortion to be appropriate for this conditon..but there are grave defomities that do warrant the right to abort or not...and from some poor souls we see you do have to wonder if it would have been more humane to make that very difficult decision to abort..
BOXY I answered your question here .. it sounds like you are badgering me now..are you?

JW Frogen

Post by JW Frogen » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:15 pm

Auzgurl wrote: BOXY I answered your question here .. it sounds like you are badgering me now..are you?
No, Boxy does not have enough testosterone to badger or even bugger, Boxy is nagging you.

Auzgurl

Post by Auzgurl » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:10 pm

JW Frogen wrote:
Auzgurl wrote: BOXY I answered your question here .. it sounds like you are badgering me now..are you?
No, Boxy does not have enough testosterone to badger or even bugger, Boxy is nagging you.
Unlike you Frogen who is just saturated with testosterone.

Swami Dring

Post by Swami Dring » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:20 pm

That ain't testosterone. It's jizzum.
Mankind will not be free until the last king is strangled with the guts of the last priest

JW Frogen

Post by JW Frogen » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:40 pm

Dringy wrote:That ain't testosterone. It's jizzum.
I had a gay freind who was 60 and looked like he was 40.

He said he wiped his own jizzum on his face (and I am sure he had many loads of imported jizzum too.)

Genes or jizzum, this is the next big question for science.

JW Frogen

Post by JW Frogen » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:42 pm

Auzgurl wrote: [Unlike you Frogen who is just saturated with testosterone.
I am choking on my testosterone chicken.

boxy

Post by boxy » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:01 pm

mantra wrote:Abortion won't even have to be considered for transexuals in the future boxy. There may be a new official status introduced by the government called "intersex". So there will be three categories - male, female and intersex - a new legally recognised gender, although the transgender lobby want a fourth sex introduced called "other" for those who have no idea what they think they are. The mind boggles - but we can't accuse Rudd of being close minded.
The reason that abortions won't be considered is most likely because people will be picking the sex of their child via IVF methods... and you can be damn sure that all genetic intersex conditions will be eradicated in that future.

It all brings up the question, are parents/society really competent enough to be trusted with the genetic engineering of the species as technology progresses.
"But you will run your fluffy bunny mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Auzgurl

Post by Auzgurl » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:41 pm

JW Frogen wrote:
Dringy wrote:That ain't testosterone. It's jizzum.
I had a gay freind who was 60 and looked like he was 40.

He said he wiped his own jizzum on his face (and I am sure he had many loads of imported jizzum too.)

Genes or jizzum, this is the next big question for science.
At the risk of sounding *icky*..have heard that semen is good for the complexion...ugh!

The mind boggels tho'..on a scientific level of course.. how would they process all this "youthful" goodness into a product acceptable to the average woman ?

A lot of ladies would have access to the fresh supply ( yuck again)..but some dont but still would love to look 20 yrs younger without going under the knife..

JW Frogen

Post by JW Frogen » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:18 pm

Auzgirl you are the sort of crazy bitch that really turns me on.

I want your love.