October 2008 the second hottest after Oct 2003

Australian Federal, State and Local Politics
Forum rules
Don't poop in these threads. This isn't Europe, okay? There are rules here!
White Indigene

Re: October 2008 the second hottest after Oct 2003

Post by White Indigene » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:21 pm

Thats probably not a bad idea, by the look of all things.

I dont mean to offend my hosts here at PA, and perhaps sometimes I can get a bit bull headed about things. But that doesnt mean there isnt a need for such approaches. Clearly, the human race is being tested, and we need some good thinking if we are to get through the next couple of years.

Being prepared in any way possible, well help ammeliorate the circumstances, and hopefully stave off human predation. I believe we are seeing an emerging political predation. There are no political Gods, since the death of the Red God. Sure, the trouble might be weather based, but the climate in general is not good.

Rain hail or shine, it seems we are ALL in trouble.

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:40 pm

10 or 20Kg haricot beans good to have

Plenty of soap too: if avian flu hits, or another SARS, being able to properly wash hands might make the difference between life & death. Stock up on candles, can always burn on anniversaries, Christmass so will use up. Few boxes of matches or 3-4 cigarette lighters tucked away somewhere.

I can teach you to homebrew, something to do while you are out of work (because nothing electrical/electronic works) and something to do on those TV-less nights :)

White Indigene

Post by White Indigene » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:48 am

skippy wrote:[ your a greedy bunch who dont even care for kids futures, you disgust me.
Youre assuming that I have 2 $'s to rub together.

Thats a broad stretch of the truth, by any standard.

Its like assuming that all righties are rich, and all lefties are poor. Nothing could be further from the truth. Just ask the ALP, or the BBGen; there in lies the truth.

I point out the the BBGen maintain a warped stranglehold on socio-economic power, and that this is entirely un-natural and counter-demographic.

The looming consequences of which could be far more catastrophic than the climate cult chant of GW/CC. {see stalin}

But it will take time for the dumbed down under-generations to realise and understand this fact. And by then nature will have run its course.

More on this as the year progresses.

skippy

Post by skippy » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:15 pm

White Indigene wrote:
skippy wrote:[ your a greedy bunch who dont even care for kids futures, you disgust me.
Youre assuming that I have 2 $'s to rub together.

Thats a broad stretch of the truth, by any standard.

Its like assuming that all righties are rich, and all lefties are poor. Nothing could be further from the truth. Just ask the ALP, or the BBGen; there in lies the truth.

I point out the the BBGen maintain a warped stranglehold on socio-economic power, and that this is entirely un-natural and counter-demographic.

The looming consequences of which could be far more catastrophic than the climate cult chant of GW/CC. {see stalin}

But it will take time for the dumbed down under-generations to realise and understand this fact. And by then nature will have run its course.

More on this as the year progresses.
Ooh, I can't wait.

White Indigene

Post by White Indigene » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:24 pm

OMG!!!!! :o

Australias gonna sink beneath the waves with all the rain. :o

Waaaa GW Waaaaa GW Waaaa
http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/2009/0 ... tnews.html

skippy

Post by skippy » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:27 pm

White Indigene wrote:OMG!!!!! :o

Australias gonna sink beneath the waves with all the rain. :o

Waaaa GW Waaaaa GW Waaaa
http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/2009/0 ... tnews.html
Well for once you are about right, this weeks king tide flooded towns like Ballia in NSW, floods like that will be the norm as the earth warms.

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:59 pm

Yeah, higher the sea, bigger are the storm surges.

Auzgurl

Post by Auzgurl » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:06 pm

Jovial Monk wrote:Yeah, higher the sea, bigger are the storm surges.
and king tides are king tides...thats why they are called king tides. Im not convinced of the whole climate change thing...Beo and many others argue its just a once in a 500 ( or thereabouts) hundred year natural warming cycle and its simply part of the natural cycle of the earths weather patterns since the begginng ( hot and cold)..the ice age etc...

Maybe it is and how can we prove its NOT?

"October 2008 the second hottest after Oct 2003" means very little..a few years ago here (20?) we had 11 days straight of 50+ and as I mentioned the elderly were dropping off and dying.

If Global Warming was the "buzz" word then that would have been touted as a dire warning of the catastrophe about to engulf the world..

Com'n burned chops and mouthwash give us cancer this week, next week listening to Beyonce' and P.Diddy will give you ear cancer ( and it just might :roll: ).. ..this scientific bunk just keeps on keeping on.

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:07 pm

Oh yeah, part of normal climate variation.

Well, it correlates well with CO2 content of the atmosphere. Previous minor fluctuations didn't.

Sheepthought put up a graph in his blog, showing the 125K yearly glaciation cycle. Twit didn't notice the 1C or so temperature increase in last 100 years comes at the wrong time according to that cycle. Sunspots are not the answer either, very tiny influence indeed.

As the Arctic warms up and sea ice coverage decreases the Suns heat falls on dark water which absorbs it rather than on white ice/snow which largely reflects it global warming increases. Likewise frozen tundra thawing will also emit much CO2. These tipping points are of major concern to those who know this stuff. IPCC predictions are always exceeded.

Auzgurl

Post by Auzgurl » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:40 pm

Jovial Monk wrote:Oh yeah, part of normal climate variation.

Yes..its been established that there is definitely a cycle of cooling and warming for millions of years ie: the beginning..

Well, it correlates well with CO2 content of the atmosphere. Previous minor fluctuations didn't.
Says who and whos agenda are they driving?...Most news articles and established knowledge dont mean anything to me..its been said that scientists driving this Global warming stuff are working for pple..who have a vested interest in the hysteria created thru' the GW phenomena
Sheepthought put up a graph in his blog, showing the 125K yearly glaciation cycle. Twit didn't notice the 1C or so temperature increase in last 100 years comes at the wrong time according to that cycle. Sunspots are not the answer either, very tiny influence indeed.

see previous comment and I dont care for DTs opinion on anything.. :oops:

As the Arctic warms up and sea ice coverage decreases the Suns heat falls on dark water which absorbs it rather than on white ice/snow which largely reflects it global warming increases. Likewise frozen tundra thawing will also emit much CO2. These tipping points are of major concern to those who know this stuff. IPCC predictions are always exceeded.

and they are? Im still cautiously sceptical of the whole thing and Im not sure humans can stuff up a planet "all by themselves"...we were born with socalled superior brains and were expected to evolve in the ways in which we have..the higher intelligence that put us here would not have allowed such a dangerous toy to fall into such ignorant hands.. we are only using by pruducts of earth after all..thats like saying having our own blood returned to us during a transfusion is poisonous and will kill us