Kev's NPT kickstart

Australian Federal, State and Local Politics
Forum rules
Don't poop in these threads. This isn't Europe, okay? There are rules here!
White Indigene

Re: Kev's NPT kickstart

Post by White Indigene » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:36 pm

I doubt that.

I doubt that Swan can even think.

All he can do is gnaw at his tounge, indicating madening doses of psychotropic drugs. I dont think there has been at any time when foreigners could have majority ownership of Aus companies(though I may be wrong on that point). All Swan did was announce the 49% rule to the world (im clutching at straws here), as if it were some new and much needed ALP legislation.

No Swan is not our leading economic light (OBVIOUSLY). His dimmness would not be seen on the dark side of the moon.
Last edited by White Indigene on Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mantra.

Post by mantra. » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:45 pm

It sounds as though you have a lot of respect for Rudd WI!

The prospect of China conducting its own mining and exploration operations has not been raised publicly.

In a statement to The Age, the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade said: "Owning or part-owning an Australian uranium mining company — or making a new Chinese-controlled investment in uranium in Australia — is not a short cut to buying uranium and does not circumvent in any way our export controls or safeguards."

The department said Australia had sent agreement documentation to China and was awaiting a response.

Nuclear proliferation expert Richard Broinowski, a former Australian ambassador to South Korea, said allowing China to conduct its own uranium operations in Australia was concerning. It would make it more difficult to ensure the material was used only for civil power generation. "I'm very worried about this. I think the Australians are seeing dollar signs all over the place," Professor Broinowski told The Age.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/ ... 44938.html

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:48 pm

WI, I presume by 'thing' you meant 'think' in your post above?

Don't worry about Swan: not a polished public speaker but at least the guy knows economics unlike the joke that was Tip.

TomB

Post by TomB » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:58 pm

White Indigene wrote:(im clutching at straws here)
Yes you are.
You vote, you lose!

White Indigene

Post by White Indigene » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:00 pm

I guess 'Tip' is Costello.

As soverign risk goes, the Nuclear debate holds its own. Exploration is such a big deal. Few want to do it I spose, so investment there is helpful. But as far as China digging its way through Australia, well thats obviously a concern. Especially whan we know little about China, by comparison. With such a big landmass, it is odd that they dont exploit their own turf. But I spose, the CCP has to be considered, then to, the convenience of being one of the most powerful countries able to pry open the vaults of Western sancturies, and take what they want more simply than doing it themselves.

Lobby in-country for a republic, while all this -and more- is going on, and you have a vulnerable country indeed.

White Indigene

Post by White Indigene » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:01 pm

TomB wrote:
White Indigene wrote:(im clutching at straws here)
Yes you are.
So did he make the rule, one similar, or did he re-announce what was already in existance.

Do put me straight.

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:04 pm

Yeah, remember what Keating, in his usual acerbic but accurate way, said? "Costello, all tip and no iceberg" and Tip it has been ever since.

Re Rodent, he was baptised by Lieberal Senator Brandis!

White Indigene

Post by White Indigene » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:14 pm

Yes I agree.

In that we (the country) were on the cusp of something great. But the Marxists got the better of us.

OBVIOUSLY

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:16 pm

hahahaha marxist!