Israeli invasion of Gaza

Australian Federal, State and Local Politics
Forum rules
Don't poop in these threads. This isn't Europe, okay? There are rules here!
skippy

Re: Israeli invasion of Gaza

Post by skippy » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:28 pm

Hi auzgurl how are you doing? rather than put it in my words this is from wiki

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Neoconservatism is a political philosophy that emerged in the United States. Its key distinction is in international affairs, where it espouses an interventionist approach that seeks to defend what neo-conservatives deem as national interests. In addition, unlike traditional conservatives, neoconservatives are comfortable with a minimally-bureaucratic welfare state; and, while generally supportive of free markets, they are willing to interfere for overriding social purposes

Does that sound like any gov you know?

mantra.

Post by mantra. » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:38 pm

I'm going to butt in here as well Auzgurl. The neo-conservatives belong to the extreme right of the Republican Party in the US, which is split - 50/50 Zionist (political Jews) and Christians. The Republicans weren't bad, but they were hi-jacked by a group of powerful men with a mission to have Israel as the dominant state in the ME. Neo conservatives are pro-bombing, pro-empire Washington policy Jews (almost never with a business or military background) who have filled the vacuum on the far Right. Most Americans have little interest in foreign policy and know little about foreign nations. The zionist neo-conservatives dominate Republican foreign policy because they care about it, whereas most Americans don't. They are also heavily financed by Murdock's media empire (his mother is Jewish) and their control of the 4 largest conservative foundations.

The main group now on their way out or already out - thank God, call themselves defense intellectuals.
These include Paul Wolfowitz - appointed by Bush, formerly CEO of the World Bank (sacked) who was the deputy secretary of defense. He was the defense mastermind of the Bush administration; Donald Rumsfeld, an elderly figurehead (responsible for attrocities at Abu Grahib prison) who held the position of defense secretary only because Wolfowitz himself was too controversial. Others include Douglas Feith, No. 3 (see footnote) at the Pentagon; Lewis "Scooter" Libby (see footnote), a Wolfowitz protégé who is Cheney's chief of staff; John R. Bolton, a right-winger assigned to the State Department to keep Colin Powell in check (Powell could no longer stomach them & has left) and Elliott Abrams, appointed to head Middle East policy at the National Security Council. On the outside are James Woolsey, the former CIA director, who has tried repeatedly to link both 9/11 and the anthrax letters in the U.S. to Saddam Hussein, and Richard Perle (Pearleman), who had to resign his unpaid chairmanship of a defense department advisory body after a lobbying scandal. Most of these "experts" never served in the military. But their headquarters are now the civilian defense secretary's office. They are distrusted by the average Republican. There was also the infamous Conrad Black - billionaire fraudster, now in gaol. He owned the Jerusalem Post - a mouthpiece for Ariel Sharon, Dick Cheney, Ronal Rumsfeld et al
Irve Lewis "Scooter" Libby (born August 22, 1950) is a former Assistant to the President of the United States, George W. Bush, Chief of Staff to the Vice President of the United States, Dick Cheney, and Assistant to the Vice President for National Security Affairs, serving from 2001 to 2005.[

Libby resigned all three government positions immediately after he was indicted on federal charges of obstruction and perjury resulting from the grand jury investigation into the leak of the covert identity of Central Intelligence Agency officer Valerie Plame. In his trial for his role in the Plame affair, United States v. Libby,the jury convicted Libby on four of the five counts in the indictment: one count of obstruction of justice; two counts of perjury; and one count of making false statements to federal investigators.

Douglas Feith -described by General Tommy Franks as either "the dumbest fucking guy on the planet" (according to Franks' autobiography) or "the fucking stupidest guy on the face of the Earth" (according to Bob Woodward's book Plan of Attack),
Last edited by mantra. on Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Auzgurl

Post by Auzgurl » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:53 pm

thank you skippy ...and does John Howard/Libs sound like the right answer?

And whoa mantra..not such a simple answer to what I perceived to be a simple enough question.

Thank you for that and I can see I have much wider reading to do on this one. I wil try.
The neocons sound like the main drivers behind the Iraq war?

I didnt know Rupert Murdoch was involved all of this political propoganda up to his eyeballs either.

I have some reading to do..its sounds fascinating.

Thanks mantra and skippy.
Last edited by Auzgurl on Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skippy

Post by skippy » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:06 pm

Thanks mantra thats a great example of how it works.

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:08 pm

Before the Iraq war apparently Murdoch was saying he would like to "bury CNN" so his MSN/Fox network would dominate ratings & advertising rates. How better than get the brain-damaged Shrub to start a war where Murdoch's journalists spouting a hard nationalistic line would gain audiences from the more liberal CNN.

Hey that was worth killing a few hundred thousand civilians and making 4m (out of 22m) homeless refugees either in Iraq or in neighboring Arab countries like Jordan, Syria etc. Nobody speaks about the huge cost these countries bear in housing these refugees!

Auzgurl

Post by Auzgurl » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:36 pm

skippy wrote:Thanks mantra thats a great example of how it works.
so this was the right answer skippy? I think I must be invisible.

skippy

Post by skippy » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:49 pm

Auzgurl wrote:
skippy wrote:Thanks mantra thats a great example of how it works.
so this was the right answer skippy? I think I must be invisible.
Sorry auzgurl I didn't mean to ignore you, I just thought mantras answer was a better one than mine.
As for Howard well I think he and his gov supported the Bush neo cons to the hilt and I think some of the Libs still do, I'm not sure about Turnbull tho.
It looks like I'm pissing everyone off today.

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:12 pm

poor invisible Auzgurl! Everyone go "Awwwwwww"

:)

Auzgurl

Post by Auzgurl » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:18 pm

Jovial Monk wrote:poor invisible Auzgurl! Everyone go "Awwwwwww"

:)
Thats ok skippy..You both gave good answers..much appreciated. Your not pissing me off dont be silly.

And Monk...? Shut up !!!! :D *wink*

skippy

Post by skippy » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:28 pm

Thanks auzgurl :D