The Value of Perserance, Adaptation and Courage.

Australian Federal, State and Local Politics
Forum rules
Don't poop in these threads. This isn't Europe, okay? There are rules here!
JW Frogen

The Value of Perserance, Adaptation and Courage.

Post by JW Frogen » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:20 pm

I can only remember only two people on the former PA recommending the Surge, and in the dark days of 2004, 2005 and 2006 not just howling to the Moon “woe is me, all is lost, run for your lives”.

Me, and Animal Mother. (If there was another, sorry I missed you.)

Well not only has the violence dramatically decreased in Iraq since the surge, the Sunni moving back into the political process and abandoning insurgency, but now even Al Qeada is breathing it’s last gasp. (Though given the random nature of their attacks, I do not believe they still cannot pull off some horrendous atrocities.)

War is about perseverance, adaptation, and courage.

And so is democracy.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/w ... 276486.ece

“American and Iraqi forces are driving Al-Qaeda in Iraq out of its last redoubt in the north of the country in the culmination of one of the most spectacular victories of the war on terror.
After being forced from its strongholds in the west and centre of Iraq in the past two years, Al-Qaeda’s dwindling band of fighters has made a defiant “last stand” in the northern city of Mosul.
A huge operation to crush the 1,200 fighters who remained from a terrorist force once estimated at more than 12,000 began on May 10.
Operation Lion’s Roar, in which the Iraqi army combined forces with the Americans’ 3rd Armoured Cavalry Regiment, has already resulted in the death of Abu Khalaf, the Al-Qaeda leader, and the capture of more than 1,000 suspects.
The group has been reduced to hit-and-run attacks, including one that killed two off-duty policemen yesterday, and sporadic bombings aimed at killing large numbers of officials and civilians.”

Swami Dring

Re: The Value of Perserance, Adaptation and Courage.

Post by Swami Dring » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:33 pm

What is "perserance"?
Mankind will not be free until the last king is strangled with the guts of the last priest

JW Frogen

Post by JW Frogen » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:47 pm

Even spelled correctly Dring, I suspect it is a trait you will never possess.

And don’t even think about courage.

But then I am sure you never have.

Swami Dring

Post by Swami Dring » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:55 pm

JW Frogen wrote:Even spelled correctly Dring, I suspect it is a trait you will never possess.

And don’t even think about courage.

But then I am sure you never have.
Scorpion Tie is back! How you been, dawg? Love that Waffle-o-meter.
Mankind will not be free until the last king is strangled with the guts of the last priest

freediver

Post by freediver » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:39 pm

I hope you're right Frogen. I was opposed to the war, but once we started it we were obliged to stick around and finish the job, for as long as our presence there was helpful. Looks like it still is. All of our credibility hangs off this. If we cut and run, and it turns ugly, the militants will no longer fear us and the progressives will despise us.