TV Shows

Discuss Movies, TV, Music and general entertainment here
Neferti

Re: TV Shows

Post by Neferti » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:58 pm

You need to expand your viewing habits. Just watching .....

The News
Sport
Weather

and what is on the rest of the free-to-air TV is a waste of your intelligence ...

The Reboot

Post by The Reboot » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:33 pm

Neferti~ wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:27 pm
Talking about ads ... have you see the one about men's underwear? :rofl First they had some young bloke now they have some Maori or Islander doing to ... both ads are YAWN .... do males actually look at those ads and say "must buy this new underwear" ...
Ugh are you talking about those poofy purple skinny leg ones? Turns me off my food. I don't have Foxtel (canned mine after the joke that was Game of Thrones finished :lol: ) but I was at my mum's over the weekend and saw that ad more often than I cared to. :roll:

And yes, I can't believe Foxtel do ads. When I was growing up they only advertised for what they were airing. The ads are actually more annoying than free to air :roll:

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:15 pm

The Reboot wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:33 pm
Neferti~ wrote:
Talking about ads ... have you see the one about men's underwear? :rofl First they had some young bloke now they have some Maori or Islander doing to ... both ads are YAWN .... do males actually look at those ads and say "must buy this new underwear" ...
Ugh are you talking about those poofy purple skinny leg ones? Turns me off my food. I don't have Foxtel (canned mine after the joke that was Game of Thrones finished :lol: ) but I was at my mum's over the weekend and saw that ad more often than I cared to. :roll:
Yes, the ones that look like they have an inbuilt "box" effect .... :shock:

Looking for a picture I found this .... hilarious! Did anyone buy those? :rofl

And yes, I can't believe Foxtel do ads. When I was growing up they only advertised for what they were airing. The ads are actually more annoying than free to air :roll:
I got Foxtel when they were installing it FREE but you had to buy the iQ2 box for $200. Asked a friend and he said Foxtel was "worth it", so I went ahead with the installation ... years ago. No ads back then. I do NOT watch Sport so don't have that Channel. Basically, I watch these Channels:-

* UKTV
* Lifestyle
* BBC First
* 13 Street
* History
* Crime
* Geographic

and, of course, SKY News. Oh, and the kids channel for the kids who like "cartoons". :mrgreen:

Plus Movies. Currently it costs me $118 a month as I also have it connected to the bedroom TV. at $10 a month.

The Reboot

Post by The Reboot » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:42 pm

Neferti~ wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:15 pm
The Reboot wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:33 pm
Neferti~ wrote:
Yes, the ones that look like they have an inbuilt "box" effect .... :shock:

Looking for a picture I found this .... hilarious! Did anyone buy those? :rofl
I got Foxtel when they were installing it FREE but you had to buy the iQ2 box for $200. Asked a friend and he said Foxtel was "worth it", so I went ahead with the installation ... years ago. No ads back then. I do NOT watch Sport so don't have that Channel. Basically, I watch these Channels:-

* UKTV
* Lifestyle
* BBC First
* 13 Street
* History
* Crime
* Geographic

and, of course, SKY News. Oh, and the kids channel for the kids who like "cartoons". :mrgreen:

Plus Movies. Currently it costs me $118 a month as I also have it connected to the bedroom TV. at $10 a month.
Judging by your taste, you might like what's available on Stan. There's a lot of Australian and British shows on there. I am subbed to that, Netflix and Amazon Prime. See for yourself if you think it's worth the cost per month to sub to.

https://www.finder.com.au/stan-tv-shows

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:00 pm

I reckon I already sit around, watching The Box more than is normal anyway. Then, my health isn't as good as it should be, so I am excused. I have bought DVD sets that I have enjoyed over the years that they no longer "repeat". Dalziel and Pascoe for example. :mrgreen: I also have a stack of books here ... James Patterson and the like ... so much to do, so little time in the day. :rofl

Foxtel, the Internet, a couple of Forums and email friends I have had for 25 years keeps me occupied. ;)

One thing, I am NEVER lonely or feel lonely.

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:01 pm

So sorry to see that Johanna Griggs has stepped down from House Rules...they must have run out of hay......
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire
Its coming...the rest of the world versus islam....or is it here already...

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:25 pm

I don't mind Johanna but I don't watch House Rules. She seems good natured and affable enough.

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:28 pm

Rumour has it she running in the Melbourne Cup this year.....
To discover those who rule over you, first discover those who you cannot criticize...Voltaire

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:30 pm

She is a giant but she looks ok!

billy the kid

Post by billy the kid » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:31 pm

Well, if the handicapper gives her a bit of weight, she'll be able to carry it....