NETFLIX...

Discuss Movies, TV, Music and general entertainment here
Neferti

Re: NETFLIX...

Post by Neferti » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:36 pm

Apparently, if you go into Popcorn settings and under advanced settings there is an item Cache Directory which shows where the downloaded files are stored. If you check (tick) Clear Temp Folder after closing app, it will get rid of them.

I checked that folder and the TV episode that I watched yesterday is no longer there and if I want to watch it again, I would have to download it again. Does that make any sense? :rofl I have lots of space on C Drive anyway as I don't keep much on the computer - get rid of stuff I don't need/use.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:38 pm

Interesting. No discussion of the matter of piracy. Tell me, do you believe in theft of intellectual property?

As a long-time Linux user I laugh at all the problems Windoze users have with virii and hacks and so on. Serves you right for using such an insecure OS. :roll:
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:51 pm

brian ross wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:38 pm
Interesting. No discussion of the matter of piracy. Tell me, do you believe in theft of intellectual property?

As a long-time Linux user I laugh at all the problems Windoze users have with virii and hacks and so on. Serves you right for using such an insecure OS. :roll:
FYI. The ONLY TV show that I want to watch on Popcorn is "Bodyguard" which is a BBC production. I thought that Foxtel's BBC channel would show it but, apparently, Netflix has bagged it and Foxtel won't show it. I pay for Foxtel and I am not going to pay for Netflix for just 1 TV program. The other TV Programs I am interested in are: Shetland; Endeavour; and Line of Duty ..... ALL are currently being shown on Foxtel. I have also paid for some DVDs but they don't send those to you until the TV show has been shown on Australian TV. I have been waiting since last October for the latest version of Shetland which is now just started on Foxtel. Not going to get caught like that again.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:59 pm

I just go into the downloads folder and delete anything I don't want but I don't use Popcorn Time anymore.

I think it's more of a good thing than bad because if I like something I will buy it but if I don't like it I just don't bother with it anymore and I have no problems with 'virals' and 'hacks'.

People are more likely to buy if they can watch a test sample.

The Reboot

Post by The Reboot » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:03 pm

brian ross wrote:

When it comes to Hollywood blockbusters and big dough generators like Game of Thrones? Nope. They still make a shit ton of money out of it.

Oh yes Brian, you're so high and mighty. So superior. :roll:

The Reboot

Post by The Reboot » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:04 pm

Neferti~ wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:51 pm
brian ross wrote:

FYI. The ONLY TV show that I want to watch on Popcorn is "Bodyguard" which is a BBC production. I thought that Foxtel's BBC channel would show it but, apparently, Netflix has bagged it and Foxtel won't show it. I pay for Foxtel and I am not going to pay for Netflix for just 1 TV program. The other TV Programs I am interested in are: Shetland; Endeavour; and Line of Duty ..... ALL are currently being shown on Foxtel. I have also paid for some DVDs but they don't send those to you until the TV show has been shown on Australian TV. I have been waiting since last October for the latest version of Shetland which is now just started on Foxtel. Not going to get caught like that again.
That there what I highlighted, is the sole reason I used to torrent. At the time I had no access to watch shows I liked, and torrenting was the best bet for me.

FLEKTARN

Post by FLEKTARN » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:30 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:48 pm
FLEKTARN wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:59 pm
The Reboot wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:48 pm
cods wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:21 am
strewth thats a whole new language to me...

I think you people are so clever..

how you keep up is a complete mystery to me...it really is like rocket science....

I was born about 30 years too early I am thinking...

I dont think my brain could cope with all that is going on now..

I will try to watch the netfix and free to air and just be satisfied with that....

the future scares the hell out of me....thats for sure.

my daughter drives a car without a key.... no way....
Hey cods torrenting has been around a long time, longer than Netflix and other streaming services. Basically, you are just downloading files of TV series, movies, etc. Not just those, but you can also download other stuff like computer programs, eBooks, music. I apologize, after rereading that Wiki article it doesn't make a bunch of sense if you don't know too much about it. :lol:

I will warn you it isn't entirely safe so if you go that route, be careful. Scan the files with your anti virus. Even then it can still be risky. I have lost many good computers to that shit. I stopped all that when our Grubberment changed the laws. Too many people watching Game of Thrones for free :lol:
That's bloody pointless, scanning files. All games and software will have some sort of a crack, and every antivirus will detect that. Even my activator for my Windows gets detected as a virus.
Mine doesn't but, then again, I don't download games.

I used Popcorn Time for awhile but you need to be aware that when you watch something on PT it also downloads it to your computer. If you have heaps of room, fine, but if you don't you need to find the file and delete them as they soon add up and take up HDD space.

If I do want to watch something on the computer I use streaming sites now.
Yeah, you can specify a folder where there's space, like not on your System Drive C: for example.
The one that says the least can often have a very different perspective and hold the answer. The least qualified person may hold the most wisdom. When you don’t have knowledge or experience blocking your perspective, you can see problems and solutions.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:33 pm

Season 3 of Stranger Things and also Season 3 of Jessica Jones is out on Netflix now. Not sure anyone here would watch either one though. I have varied taste :lol:

That's one good thing about the Netflix series, the whole season comes out at once and you don't have to wait week to week.

The Reboot

Post by The Reboot » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:45 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:33 pm
Season 3 of Stranger Things and also Season 3 of Jessica Jones is out on Netflix now. Not sure anyone here would watch either one though. I have varied taste :lol:

That's one good thing about the Netflix series, the whole season comes out at once and you don't have to wait week to week.
I'm a fan of Stranger Things. I thought it wasn't out till July 4, though?

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:47 pm

Oooops yes you are right. I can't even remember what happened in season 2 so how can I be expected to remember that? :rofl

Got ahead of myself.