At the Movies...

Discuss Movies, TV, Music and general entertainment here
Black Orchid

Re: At the Movies...

Post by Black Orchid » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:18 pm

My son saw IT the other night and told me not to bother because it was CRAP. I asked him what he didn't like about it but I couldn't get a clear response other than "I didn't like anything about it. It was crap" and he loves horror movies.

Warrior

Post by Warrior » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:19 pm

Black Orchid wrote:My son saw IT the other night and told me not to bother because it was CRAP. I asked him what he didn't like about it but I couldn't get a clear response other than "I didn't like anything about it. It was crap" and he loves horror movies.
Which son?

Warrior.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:19 pm

Warrior wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:My son saw IT the other night and told me not to bother because it was CRAP. I asked him what he didn't like about it but I couldn't get a clear response other than "I didn't like anything about it. It was crap" and he loves horror movies.
Which son?

Warrior.
Youngest.

Warrior

Post by Warrior » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:25 pm

OH!!!!

LOL!!!

Warrior.

Rudolf Wilhelm

Post by Rudolf Wilhelm » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:52 pm

I haven't seen the movie, but I read the book when it first came out, and next to The Stand and a couple of others it made for a very darkly interesting read.

Unfortunately King wrote what seemed to me to be drug-fuelled nonsense after his first few highly successful books. Mostly gibberish followed his earlier books. Marijuana-fuelled gobbledygook. Pages and pages of monotonous esoteric and existentialist nonsense when you knew he was typing with one hand and bonging with the other.

And then he got hit by a ute and his books became even more of a pain in the ass.

AiA in Atlanta

Post by AiA in Atlanta » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:59 am

My daughter enjoyed "IT." I passed. Want to see "Victoria & Abdul," "Blade Runner 2049," and the "Darkest Hour." How many of those I will make it to is up in the air.

Warrior

Post by Warrior » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:47 am

I am looking forward to seeing the next Thor movie.

The trailer is awesome.

Warrior.

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:48 pm

Blade Runner 2049

Pedestrian... but good music... some poor writing in parts. IMO not as good as the original.

7/10
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:12 am

Justice League
8/10

DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

skippy

Post by skippy » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:44 am

I went and watched Murder on the Orient express last Sunday.
I thought it was disappointing given the cast.
Jonny Depp drives me crazy the way he mumbles so much, he is soo hard to understand.
It was ok but I wouldn’t rave about it.
6/10.