At the Movies...

Discuss Movies, TV, Music and general entertainment here
Neferti

Re: At the Movies...

Post by Neferti » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:33 pm

skippy wrote:I went and watched Murder on the Orient express last Sunday.
I thought it was disappointing given the cast.
Jonny Depp drives me crazy the way he mumbles so much, he is soo hard to understand.
It was ok but I wouldn’t rave about it.
6/10.
I played the game!

boxy

Post by boxy » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:49 pm

Rorschach wrote:Blade Runner 2049

Pedestrian... but good music... some poor writing in parts. IMO not as good as the original.

7/10
I agree with your rating. 7/10. A decent film though, I'd like to see it again. Not up to the original, but still better than I was expecting. Similar to the Mad Max reboot (Fury Road). Decent, but not with the edge of the original, which they were always going to be compared to. Still had be thinking about it's themes for a few days afterwards.

Regret never having seen the original Blade Runner in a cinema. Although my local cinemas often piss me off with overly loud parts (usually action/dramatic scenes). Surely it can't be that hard to configure their sound systems/input.
"But you will run your fluffy bunny mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Jasin

Post by Jasin » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:30 pm

I just got back from watching the latest Star Wars movie. It was excellent and very spectacular. Very funny in some parts.

Super Nova

Post by Super Nova » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:53 pm

Vulcan wrote:I just got back from watching the latest Star Wars movie. It was excellent and very spectacular. Very funny in some parts.
Sa it yesterday.

8/10.

Back on track, follows the original concepts. Enjoyed it and it exceeded my low expectations.

A must for Star Wars fans.

Now it is open to another 50 films..... it is only the new beginning.
Always remember what you post, send or do on the internet is not private and you are responsible.

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:55 pm

The Last jedi....

7/10 for looks only
derivative copy of the first 3 SW movies... give me a break the last one was a rerun of the first SW movie.
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:15 pm

The Shape of Water......... really 13 Oscar nominations? For what?
Would rather watch Hellboy 2 again. The Creature reminds me of Abe from Hellboy and the bad guy was General Zod in Man of Steel.
6/10

Black Panther... a bit preachy and political in places, but not too bad over all.
7/10
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:15 pm

Going to watch Star Wars The Last Jedi tonight, but not at the movies.

My son and his girlfriend and one of my friends all saw The Shape of Water at the movies and they all thought that it was absolutely CRAP!! They were looking forward to seeing it too. Not going to bother with it myself.

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:18 pm

Yeah I don't understand the Oscar nominations or awards for it.
Typical academy crap decisions....

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:16 pm

Still haven't watched The Last Jedi but Maze Runner: The Death Cure is also on the list for the weekend.

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:58 pm

TOMB RAIDER

Reboot of the A.Jolie, Lara Croft franchise...

Alicia Vikander stars, didn't think she could pull it off but she does.
6.5/10