At the Movies...

Discuss Movies, TV, Music and general entertainment here
Super Nova

Re: At the Movies...

Post by Super Nova » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:46 pm

Black Orchid wrote:I am an avid fan of Lee Child's Jack Reacher series and Tom Cruise is NOT Jack Reacher. Reacher is portrayed at 6'5" and 250 lbs. Sorry but I will never accept Cruise in that role so I probably won't bother with it. Childs copped a lot of flack for casting Cruise in that role. I believe Tommy boy bought the rights or something? Who knows. Bad choice though
I heard this being discussed o nthe radio a few months ago. I haven't read the books yet. I understand Reacher is a big heaving tough character. Toomy boy does not cut it if that is the character he is to represenmt. I actly don't like Tom but I have to say sometimes the movie are good. So he is good at picking his parts. I have to give him some of the credit even though I don't like him as a human being.
I didn't like the was he treated Nicole.

BO,

Interesting. I used to have a problem with women sleeping their way to the top. Todasy I think, well good on you. If you're going to have a casula shag you may as well get some side benefits. Equality and all that... :rofl
Always remember what you post, send or do on the internet is not private and you are responsible.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:51 pm

Super Nova wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:I am an avid fan of Lee Child's Jack Reacher series and Tom Cruise is NOT Jack Reacher. Reacher is portrayed at 6'5" and 250 lbs. Sorry but I will never accept Cruise in that role so I probably won't bother with it. Childs copped a lot of flack for casting Cruise in that role. I believe Tommy boy bought the rights or something? Who knows. Bad choice though
I heard this being discussed o nthe radio a few months ago. I haven't read the books yet. I understand Reacher is a big heaving tough character. Toomy boy does not cut it if that is the character he is to represenmt. I actly don't like Tom but I have to say sometimes the movie are good. So he is good at picking his parts. I have to give him some of the credit even though I don't like him as a human being.
I didn't like the was he treated Nicole.

BO,

Interesting. I used to have a problem with women sleeping their way to the top. Todasy I think, well good on you. If you're going to have a casula shag you may as well get some side benefits. Equality and all that... :rofl
I doubt Nicole treated him any better. She lost the kids and, apart from the Scientology pull, there must have been other reasons for that?

I don't like Tommy too much but I did like him in The Last Samurai. Credit where credit is due but Jack Reacher? Hell NO

I don't care what Nic did or how many she slept with to get where she is. Each to their own and all that. It was just her sleazy attitude boasting about it that turned me off. She was just so proud of her plan to get to the top. So much for talent lol

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:31 am

Victorious boys from Oz take the world by storm as Les Miserables premieres in Sydney
* by: Jonathon Moran
* December 21, 2012 8:42PM

IT is the Aussie bromance that is taking the world by storm, cinema by cinema.

Hugh Jackman and Russell Crowe triumphantly hugged and soaked up the atmosphere as they celebrated the Australian premiere of Les Miserables Friday night.

After a whirlwind of events across the globe, including stops in New York, London and Tokyo, the red carpet event at the State Theatre was the final opening before the musical blockbuster hits cinemas around the country on Wednesday.

"This is our last stop on the promotional tour and it makes it all the more special that it is here at home with my family and friends," Jackman said.

His good mate Crowe added: "What you see here is a friendship that has developed over two decades and a respect and understanding for what each other brings to their craft. That doesn't get the fine point on it until you get on set and work together.

"Hugh led a very complex group of actors through their paces and put an example before them every day."

Joining the two co-stars in Sydney for the lavish soiree were director Tom Hooper and producer Cameron Mackintosh.

Rupert Murdoch, chairman and chief executive of News Corporation, parent company of The Daily Telegraph, made a rare red carpet appearance with wife Wendi Deng.

Other local celebrities included Jessica Mauboy, Jacki Weaver, Kerri-Anne Kennerley, Kate Ritchie, Elizabeth Denicki and Rebecca Breeds.

Hollywood's adaptation of Victor Hugo's 1862 classic novel sees Jackman play the lead role of Jean Valjean, Crowe as the cold-hearted Javert, Anne Hathaway as Fantine and Amanda Seyfried as Cosette.

Director Tom Hooper, who won an Academy Award for The King's Speech, says Jackman deserves an Oscar for his extraordinary performance.

"Hugh is an old fashioned movie star who can carry a picture until the end," Hooper said. "Hugh has the Aussie relaxed demeanor, he is a relaxed jokey guy to be around, which doesn't give away the depth of his sensitivity.

"My short list was No. 1 Hugh Jackman and No. 2 was please refer to No. 1. I had no one else."

Crowe also backed Jackman, who has been nominated for a Screen Actors Guild award and a Golden Globe, for a gong .

"As an Academy Award winner previously and as an Academy member and voter, he's getting my vote," Crowe said.

Nominated for an Oscar last year, fellow Aussie Jacki Weaver, said: "I saw the stage show about 20 times. It will be wonderful, they couldn't miss with this cast."
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

IQS.RLOW

Post by IQS.RLOW » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:43 am

If youre a fan of horror movies and foreign film, I recommend having a look at the Korean movie "I saw the devil"

You can google the synopsis, but essentially it's serial killer meets vigilante and being foreign, doesn't have all the US movie industry pap to ruin the story line or sanitize it.

Blood, murder and mayhem- Gagnum style :lol:
Quote by Aussie: I was a long term dead beat, wife abusing, drunk, black Muslim, on the dole for decades prison escapee having been convicted of paedophilia

Sexy Lady

Post by Sexy Lady » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:11 pm

The Hobbit...

Looks like a home movie where people walk, then fight, then walk, then fight, then walk, then fight, then walk, then fight, then walk, then fight, then walk.......

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:08 pm

You forgot about the running and eating and drinking and singing.

Does anyone remember...

Vermithrax Pejorative

apart from me?
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:45 pm

Rorschach wrote:You forgot about the running and eating and drinking and singing.

Does anyone remember...

Vermithrax Pejorative

apart from me?
Nope. Sorry.

I watched Django Unchained the other night. The scene with John Jarratt, some other Aussie and Tarantino was very out of place. The accents were more Aussie than an Aussie accent and were embarrassing. Aussies being portrayed as bogans yet again lol

The loud spaghetti western music that sprung up periodically was also a bit off-putting. Other than that, it was ok. Just ok.

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:00 am

A friend of mine saw it the other week, he really liked it.
He said Tarantino's accent was more like South African.

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:01 am

Vermithrax Pejorative... probably b4 your time Black Orchid.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:03 am

Rorschach wrote:A friend of mine saw it the other week, he really liked it.
He said Tarantino's accent was more like South African.
I didn't notice his accent too much. I was having problems getting past John Jarratt's 'ocker to the max' accent