Interesting Rock Band Names

Discuss Movies, TV, Music and general entertainment here
lisa jones

Interesting Rock Band Names

Post by lisa jones » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:36 am

Foo Fighters
I would rather die than sell my heart and soul to an online forum Anti Christ like you Monk

lisa jones

Re: Interesting Rock Band Names

Post by lisa jones » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:37 am

Spandau Ballet
I would rather die than sell my heart and soul to an online forum Anti Christ like you Monk

lisa jones

Post by lisa jones » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:33 am

lisa jones wrote:Foo Fighters
Anyone know what the name refers to?

Agnes

Post by Agnes » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:06 am

lisa jones wrote:
not really all I know is they are a band- a well known name

lisa jones

Post by lisa jones » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:24 am

Agnes~ wrote:
lisa jones wrote:
not really all I know is they are a band- a well known name
From wiki (I know but it's enough for the purposes of this topic)

Nazi Germany conducted research into advanced propulsion technology, including rocketry, Viktor Schauberger's engine research, flying wing craft and the Arthur Sack A.S.6 experimental circular winged aircraft.

Some UFO sightings during World War II, particularly those known as foo fighters, were thought by the Allies to be prototype enemy aircraft designed to harass Allied aircraft through electromagnetic disruption; a technology similar to today's electromagnetic pulse (EMP) weapons.

Early claims

In World War II, the so-called "foo fighters," a variety of unusual and anomalous aerial phenomena, were witnessed by both Axis and Allied personnel. While some foo fighter reports were dismissed as the misperceptions of troops in the heat of combat, others were taken seriously, and leading scientists such as Luis Alvarez began to investigate them.[4][page needed] In at least some cases, Allied intelligence and commanders suspected that foo fighters reported in the European theater represented advanced German aircraft or weapons, particularly given that Germans had already developed such technological innovations as V-1 and V-2 rockets and the first operational jet-engine fighter planes, and that a minority of foo fighters seemed to have inflicted damage to allied aircraft.

Similar sentiments regarding German technology resurfaced in 1947 with the first wave of flying saucer reports after Kenneth Arnold's widely reported close encounter with nine crescent-shaped objects moving at a high velocity. Personnel of Project Sign, the first U.S. Air Force UFO investigation group, noted that the advanced flying wing aeronautical designs of the German Horten brothers were similar to some UFO reports. In 1959, Captain Edward J. Ruppelt, the first head of Project Blue Book (Project Sign's follow-up investigation) wrote:

When WWII ended, the Germans had several radical types of aircraft and guided missiles under development. The majority were in the most preliminary stages, but they were the only known craft that could even approach the performance of objects reported by UFO observers.

lisa jones

Post by lisa jones » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:26 am

lisa jones

Post by lisa jones » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:28 am

lisa jones wrote:Spandau Ballet

IQS.RLOW

Post by IQS.RLOW » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:45 am

What do the bands 10CC, Lovin' Spoonful and Pearl Jam have in common?

Besides a residency at the back of Smiffys throat...
Quote by Aussie: I was a long term dead beat, wife abusing, drunk, black Muslim, on the dole for decades prison escapee having been convicted of paedophilia

The Grappler

Post by The Grappler » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:43 pm

lisa jones wrote:
I would assume it's a reference to the lights reported by bomber crews in WW II, sometimes mistaken for German fighters.

The Grappler

Post by The Grappler » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:45 pm

IQS.RLOW wrote:What do the bands 10CC, Lovin' Spoonful and Pearl Jam have in common?

Besides a residency at the back of Smiffys throat...
10cc is a shot of morph or heroin, a lovin' spoonful is a prepared hit of heroin, and Pearl Jam - well I thought that had a different connotation, somewhere near Chocolate Starfish.