Master Chef

Discuss Movies, TV, Music and general entertainment here
Neferti

Re: Master Chef

Post by Neferti » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:26 pm

cods wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:36 am
they need a test that doesnt include dumplings or curry....lol..

anushka just wasnt in the race at all.....for them to even pretend they do not know who cooked what is daft really...

and putting amatures up against chefs with two hats.....is even more dumbarse...

my money is on Steph at this stage.....
DUMPLINGS?

cods

Post by cods » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:29 am

well we had neither last night nef... hahahaha

although what is interesting in cooking a barbeque I dont know....

I am beginning to get bored with masterchef......I feel they are dragging it out..

watching the three judges put on weight :roll: :roll: and George could do with some eating etiquette lessons... its beginning the grate on me......they still have a few to go so I hope it livens up a bit..

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:36 am

It doesn't seem any different to any other season to me. I watch these cooking shows for a few seasons then I tire of them and don't watch the next few seasons. Same with The Block which should start when Masterchef finishes.

cods

Post by cods » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:54 pm

they seem to have at least one Indian and one Asian who cant seem to go wrong when it comes to flavor

I think thats what gets me..

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:08 pm

cods wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:54 pm
they seem to have at least one Indian and one Asian who cant seem to go wrong when it comes to flavor

I think thats what gets me..
That's about all some people on those Masterchef shows can cook .... curry .... I loath curry. yuck!

cods

Post by cods » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:24 pm

ha.ha. cant think why!

I dont mind it now and then...but to hear the judges every dish from an indian or Asian is the finest they have ever tasted...

its the same on MKR....and in the end its mostly all they cook

look at those Peru girls on MKR...nothing but!

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:30 pm

cods wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:24 pm
ha.ha. cant think why!

I dont mind it now and then...but to hear the judges every dish from an indian or Asian is the finest they have ever tasted...

its the same on MKR....and in the end its mostly all they cook

look at those Peru girls on MKR...nothing but!
My Dr told me eons ago NOT to eat "spicy food" due to a esophagus reflux or something, so I don't. Never did like curry anyway, burns my mouth so I can't actually "taste" the food, plus I dislike rice too. :mrgreen:

cods

Post by cods » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:45 am

sorry to hear that nef......I like vietnamese chilli beef...I have a super store near me its spoilt me for every other viet take away..

its a treat when one of the grandkids comes over....lolol...

do you just cook for yourself nef?... i find cooking for one a real chore...

to day I plan to make some cornish pasties.....my version with meat...lol..I have mood swings like that. I either cook and make a real mess
or I make toast.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:05 am

No, Cods, I have given up cooking. There are lots of "ready made" (and fresh) meals around "for 1 person", so I get those. Some are frozen (or can be frozen) others are fresh ... stick them in the microwave for a couple of minutes and eat .... no mess. :rofl Huge variety too. As a single, who would bother cooking nowadays?

We did a lot of entertaining when I was married and lived in Sydney, mostly business people, so I used to spend all day preparing a 3 course meal for "strangers". :mrgreen: Hubby liked to entertain business people from overseas "at home", rather than take them to a restaurant ... so I became quite the Masterchef cook. :thumb

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:18 am

I don't care that much for asian food as there is just too much of it around me. Way way way too much of it and they have squeezed all the other restaurants and take aways out. The shops stand shoulder to shoulder on every street and it's all you can smell wherever you walk. Thai and Vietnamese use too much coriander for my liking as I detest the taste of coriander.

French, Italian etc have all gone. When a Mexican place opened up recently I was overjoyed. Something different! :lol:

Pretty much the same with Indian although not quite as prolific but way over-represented just the same. I make the occasional curry at home, usually when using up leftover leg of lamb, but I wouldn't buy one.