Happy Mothers Day

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
Black Orchid

Re: Happy Mothers Day

Post by Black Orchid » Tue May 14, 2019 8:54 pm

I got an air fryer for Mothers Day. A very big air fryer. I have been practising with it and think I am going to like it a lot once I get the hang of it.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Wed May 15, 2019 7:15 am

Black Orchid wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 8:54 pm
I got an air fryer for Mothers Day. A very big air fryer. I have been practising with it and think I am going to like it a lot once I get the hang of it.
They must be all the go this year because a friend up on the Gold Coast wrote that she got an air fryer for Mother's Day too.

Texan

Post by Texan » Wed May 15, 2019 12:17 pm

My mom loves her air fryer.

I can't buy gifts for my wife or mom that makes them work. It seems kind of self serving. "Hey Mom, what are you going to fry for me?" I usually get her flowers, plant some flowers in her flower beds around the house, or take her out for dinner so she doesn't have to cook.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed May 15, 2019 2:24 pm

There comes a time when it's impossible to buy for mums because they no doubt have everything they need. Flowers and dinner make for nice presents/thoughts.

I did suggest a nice lobster dinner but they thought I was joking :lol:

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Wed May 15, 2019 4:12 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 2:24 pm
There comes a time when it's impossible to buy for mums because they no doubt have everything they need. Flowers and dinner make for nice presents/thoughts.

I did suggest a nice lobster dinner but they thought I was joking :lol:
Yum, I love lobster! Also love oysters, not so much with prawns.

My Mother's Day gift this year was my daughter buying me some plants for the garden and doing the gardening/weeding/digging for me. I lost some plants (lavender, wallflower and azaleas) during the very Hot Summer, so the garden did look a little bare. Will look great for Spring.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu May 23, 2019 7:40 pm

Well I have too many kitchen gadgets that I am going to throw out but I am so glad I asked for an Air Fryer. I just LOVE it. No fuss no mess and it does an excellent job on things in less time than it takes for the oven to warm up. :wub