Bushfires

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
Black Orchid

Re: Bushfires

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:21 am

Much of the media here likes to protect the guilty.

Texan

Post by Texan » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:50 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:21 am
We get some of that here, but arrest records are public if the perp is an adult. News sources know we will go to where we will get the info, so they eventually spill the beans.

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:48 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Really? Or is it more they like to protect the innocent? People such as yourself are quick to judge people guilty purely on media reports before they have faced a court to answer the evidence, Black Orchid. :roll
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:12 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
You obviously never watch A Current Affair (ACA) constantly harassing people coming out of court, shoving a microphone in their or their families faces.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:06 pm

Redneck wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:12 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
You obviously never watch A Current Affair (ACA) constantly harassing people coming out of court, shoving a microphone in their or their families faces.
No I don't watch ACA as I consider that to be sensationalist 'journalism' rather than media.

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:08 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:06 pm
Redneck wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:
No I don't watch ACA as I consider that to be sensationalist 'journalism' rather than media.
More a right wing Trump non fake FoxNews person I imagine are you? :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

That figures !!! :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:12 pm

Whatever. :roll:

cods

Post by cods » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:21 pm

Redneck wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:
I do red....they usually go after people who have got away with diddling people out of their hard earned savings...

so many bloody awful so called tradies out there ripping off pensioners mostly..builders getting half way through building a home taken heaps of money then walking away from it all...time and time again....whats wrong with exposing crooks like this??????

would you rather we didnt know there was this scum out there just knocking on doors and promising the earth as long as you hand over a few thousand dollars.......I dont see any other media outlet exposing this scum......as we can see when they are before the courts they are protected......

I have just been scammed of $150.. wish they had exposed that little trick 3 weeks ago.....

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:47 pm

cods wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:21 pm
Redneck wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:
I do red....they usually go after people who have got away with diddling people out of their hard earned savings...

so many bloody awful so called tradies out there ripping off pensioners mostly..builders getting half way through building a home taken heaps of money then walking away from it all...time and time again....whats wrong with exposing crooks like this??????

would you rather we didnt know there was this scum out there just knocking on doors and promising the earth as long as you hand over a few thousand dollars.......I dont see any other media outlet exposing this scum......as we can see when they are before the courts they are protected......

I have just been scammed of $150.. wish they had exposed that little trick 3 weeks ago.....
How did that happen codsy ?

brian ross

Post by brian ross » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:54 pm

cods wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:21 pm
Redneck wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:

An interesting point. Of course, you've got the builders' side of the affair, Cods or you just basing your views on what ACA decides to reveal?

The point is that all too often people like you only listen to one side of the affair. I've served on two juries. It is a lot harder to make a fair and impartial decision that you appear to believe. My brother has served on a major Murder case's jury. He also relates how hard it is. ACA isn't interested in free and impartial decisions - they just want to abuse people to get good ratings and guess what, 'cause you watch them, they count that as a win. :roll :roll
Sounds to me like they saw you coming. I've never been scammed. None of my family have ever been scammed. Perhaps it's 'cause we don't give money away to random people?
Nationalism is not to be confused with patriotism. - Eric Blair