The Short Suit

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
Neferti

The Short Suit

Post by Neferti » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:46 am

The short suit: has its time come? What do you blokes think about wearing this? Looks a bit "gay" to me. :rofl

http://www.smh.com.au/executive-style/s ... 39ue4.html

IQS.RLOW

Re: The Short Suit

Post by IQS.RLOW » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:57 am

Gayer than a Chinese student in Aussies bedroom.
Quote by Aussie: I was a long term dead beat, wife abusing, drunk, black Muslim, on the dole for decades prison escapee having been convicted of paedophilia

Super Nova

Post by Super Nova » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:02 pm

IQS.RLOW wrote:Gayer than a Chinese student in Aussies bedroom.
A quick note from aussie on the topic.
aussie wrote: As IQ has banned me please post this on PA.

I really like the short suits not for me personally to wear but for my Chinese student who is currently boarding at my house.

I had one tailor made for him with the addition of a dunny flap at the back of the pants for quick access. here is my custom design.

Always remember what you post, send or do on the internet is not private and you are responsible.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:15 pm

:rofl Aussie will never live down the Chinese Student fib. :rofl

However, SN, would you wear a short suit now that you are living in a hot climate? I still reckon it looks "gay", but undoubtedly there will be some Aussie blokes who buy one ... especially in Sydney/Brisbane where it is bloody humid in Summer. I actually remember the "Bermuda shorts" era, where guys came into the Office with shorts, shirt and tie and long socks! Mid-1970's I think, I was living and working in Sydney back then. Similar to this below.

Super Nova

Post by Super Nova » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:50 pm

Neferti~ wrote::rofl Aussie will never live down the Chinese Student fib. :rofl

However, SN, would you wear a short suit now that you are living in a hot climate? I still reckon it looks "gay", but undoubtedly there will be some Aussie blokes who buy one ... especially in Sydney/Brisbane where it is bloody humid in Summer. I actually remember the "Bermuda shorts" era, where guys came into the Office with shorts, shirt and tie and long socks! Mid-1970's I think, I was living and working in Sydney back then. Similar to this below.
No bloody way. Shorts can never be worn with a suit.

I will wear shorts to knock around the pool of the beach however I tend to wear jeans and trousers in Muslim countries because boys wear shorts and men wear trousers.

I remember the long socks with shorts era. I'll stick to more traditional suits when I have to wear them.
Always remember what you post, send or do on the internet is not private and you are responsible.

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:56 pm

Isn't it just a rehash of the old private bording school attire like Kings school?.
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

freediver

Post by freediver » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:18 pm

I knew I'd seen it before - private schools.

Get rid of the suit jacket, the tie and the long sleeves before the pants, unless you are a talking head.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:32 pm

Jackets and ties should never be worn with shorts.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:40 pm

There are Private Schools (Catholic) and Grammar Schools (Protestant). :mrgreen:

I went to a Girls Grammar in Melbourne, the same one that Therese Rein went to ... Firbank CEGGS .. I was ahead of her by a couple of years.

My (late, since he died in 2006) husband went to Scotch College in Hawthorn, Melbourne from the age of 5 through to 18. They never, ever wore shorts, except when rowing.

Super Nova

Post by Super Nova » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:42 pm

Men in shorts and socks always remind me of these guys.