Halal Food

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
Gandalf

Halal Food

Post by Gandalf » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:49 am

Why are people scared of halal food ?

All the money goes to good causes.

AiA in Atlanta

Re: Halal Food

Post by AiA in Atlanta » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:53 am

There are people scared of Halal food? That is news to me ...

mantra

Post by mantra » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:10 am

We're apparently fighting a war on terror, yet so many of our products are labeled halal. Of course the payments for using this tag go straight to the middle east which is a contradiction. We've only got half a million Muslims here, if that - yet all of us have to pay a bit extra simply because someone decided that most products have to be halal. It's become a brand now similar to the Australian logo or good for your heart labeling on food.

Because of the cruel methods of animal slaughtering to produce halal food - I don't want to eat it.

lisa jones

Post by lisa jones » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:27 am

Anything Islam driven or influenced, worries me for some reason.
I would rather die than sell my heart and soul to an online forum Anti Christ like you Monk

freediver

Post by freediver » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:27 am

Foreign governments that Gandalf describes as secular (eg Indonesia) are forcing Australian businesses to pay tens of thousands of dollars per month to local companies that have been granted monopolies over halal certification. They charge so much that some companies are forced out of the export market. We do not know where the money goes. There is no oversight. The Australian government cannot even stop our highly respected Muslim community leaders from siphoning off millions of dollars of government funds from their own children's education fund. All to a "good cause" no doubt.

AiA in Atlanta

Post by AiA in Atlanta » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:51 am

freediver wrote:Foreign governments that Gandalf describes as secular (eg Indonesia) are forcing Australian businesses to pay tens of thousands of dollars per month to local companies that have been granted monopolies over halal certification. They charge so much that some companies are forced out of the export market. We do not know where the money goes. There is no oversight. The Australian government cannot even stop our highly respected Muslim community leaders from siphoning off millions of dollars of government funds from their own children's education fund. All to a "good cause" no doubt.

i had no idea ...

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:38 pm

I refuse to support halal certification and have taken to checking labels before I put items in my trolley. If it is halal certified it goes back on the shelf. Unfortunately most packaging does not tell you either way. Why is this?

http://www.halalchoices.com.au/product_lists.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:56 pm

Products which are halal certified ...

http://www.halalchoices.com.au/product_lists_halal.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Products which have ingredients that are halal certified ...

http://www.halalchoices.com.au/product_ ... ients.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Products that are not halal certified ...

http://www.halalchoices.com.au/product_ ... halal.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I won't be purchasing Bega cheese, Jalna yoghurt, Kelloggs or Cadbury products again. Buying chickens which are not halal certified looks to be a bit of a problem too.

All this for a 'minority'?

freediver

Post by freediver » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:58 pm

Lindt is not halal certified.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:09 pm

I buy Lindt over Cadbury anyway.

It's the chicken that is bothering me. We eat a lot of chicken and I do NOT want to buy halal certified chicken. Inghams, Steggles, Lilydale and Barter chickens are all halal so where does that leave those who do not support it?

This just isn't right.