Halal Food

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
Neferti

Re: Halal Food

Post by Neferti » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:25 pm

freediver wrote:Lindt is not halal certified.
That was announced in the MSM when the "siege" was on. I always buy Lindt. ;)

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:41 pm

Black Orchid wrote:I buy Lindt over Cadbury anyway.

It's the chicken that is bothering me. We eat a lot of chicken and I do NOT want to buy halal certified chicken. Inghams, Steggles, Lilydale and Barter chickens are all halal so where does that leave those who do not support it?

This just isn't right.
I checked out those links you posted with the lists of food, etc. Geeze. I can't even buy bread that isn't halal. Aren't the items supposed to have a halal symbol on them? Must admit that I haven't been checking items as I put them in the trolley. Perhaps I should in future.

My only choice for groceries (locally) is Woolworths and Aldi. I never go near Aldi. It's as schmozzle. I absolutely refuse to buy the Woolworths "own brand" Select as well. However, some items I do buy are on that List of halal stuff. Maybe we all should send an email to the large Companies (on one of those links) and tell them to cease and desist?

I was disgusted earlier this year when my local Woolworths had a huge sign up saying "Happy Ramadan" or something .... why are we kowtowing to the Muslims? They are (so far) a minority group. Is it to make "us" feel all warm and fuzzy? It won't work! :bike

Gandalf

Post by Gandalf » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:09 pm

Air is halal, are you going to stop breathing it ? All this nonsense over halal certification. It has nothing to do with you, it has to do with the suppliers of the food and what they would like to do.

Halal certification does nothing to your food so why be scared of it ?

Give me one terrorist organization that has used halal certification to fund it ?

Gandalf

Post by Gandalf » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:10 pm

freediver wrote:Foreign governments that Gandalf describes as secular (eg Indonesia) are forcing Australian businesses to pay tens of thousands of dollars per month to local companies that have been granted monopolies over halal certification. They charge so much that some companies are forced out of the export market. We do not know where the money goes. There is no oversight. The Australian government cannot even stop our highly respected Muslim community leaders from siphoning off millions of dollars of government funds from their own children's education fund. All to a "good cause" no doubt.
Which businesses ?

boxy

Post by boxy » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:12 pm

mantra wrote:yet all of us have to pay a bit extra simply because someone decided that most products have to be halal. It's become a brand now similar to the Australian logo or good for your heart labeling on food.
No, you don't have to pay extra (unless you're buying halal food that need special treatment, like meats).

Things like cheese, already fulfil the requirements, and only need approval. The processors make up the extra need to pay for the inspections by expanding their consumer base (to include Muslims).
"But you will run your fluffy bunny mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

freediver

Post by freediver » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:25 pm

Gandalf wrote:
freediver wrote:Foreign governments that Gandalf describes as secular (eg Indonesia) are forcing Australian businesses to pay tens of thousands of dollars per month to local companies that have been granted monopolies over halal certification. They charge so much that some companies are forced out of the export market. We do not know where the money goes. There is no oversight. The Australian government cannot even stop our highly respected Muslim community leaders from siphoning off millions of dollars of government funds from their own children's education fund. All to a "good cause" no doubt.
Which businesses ?
You already know the answer to this Gandalf.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:37 pm

Gandalf wrote:Air is halal, are you going to stop breathing it ? All this nonsense over halal certification. It has nothing to do with you, it has to do with the suppliers of the food and what they would like to do.

Halal certification does nothing to your food so why be scared of it ?

Give me one terrorist organization that has used halal certification to fund it ?
Gandalf,

Were you born in Australia? Were your parents and grandparents born here?

Are you a Muslim?

All good questions as MOST Australians can trace their ancestors back to the UK and Europe. CHRISTIANITY.

Even though (unlike the USA where most people are overly religious), Aussies are NOT religious. Some attend Church, many don't but we still FEEL the same and have been raised as understanding the Christian faith. Whether we observe it or not is something else.

The Muslim religion is around 1% in Australia, the Christian religion is about 85%.

You are NOT going to start telling us how it is done and we certainly will NOT listen to your threats.

Please piss off back to the Middle East where you belong ...........

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:49 pm

Chicken processors are paying around $40,000 per annum and some abattoirs are paying $27,000 a month for halal certification. If you think none of these fees end up being passed onto the consumer you are a fool.

I don't want to eat animals that have had their throats slashed (without first being stunned) by some crazed muslim invoking Allah's name whilst facing Mecca. I live in Australia and it should be a CHOICE.

I recently went to buy a caesar salad from my local chicken shop and noticed there was no bacon in it. There is always bacon in a caesar salad so I asked why it was all of a sudden missing. The new owner told me that he is happy to cook the bacon for me but I need to ask for it now as an extra as muslims have told him that they will boycott his shop and cause him grief if he has bacon in any of his foods on display. I asked him if muslims made up most of his business to which he replied "No".

Damned bullies.
Things like cheese, already fulfil the requirements, and only need approval. The processors make up the extra need to pay for the inspections by expanding their consumer base (to include Muslims).
Rubbish. Muslims buy from their own butchers.

boxy

Post by boxy » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:00 pm

Black Orchid wrote:Chicken processors are paying around $40,000 per annum and some abattoirs are paying $27,000 a month for halal certification. If you think none of these fees end up being passed onto the consumer you are a fool.

I don't want to eat animals that have had their throats slashed (without first being stunned) by some crazed muslim invoking Allah's name whilst facing Mecca. I live in Australia and it should be a CHOICE.

I recently went to buy a caesar salad from my local chicken shop and noticed there was no bacon in it. There is always bacon in a caesar salad so I asked why it was all of a sudden missing. The new owner told me that he is happy to cook the bacon for me but I need to ask for it now as an extra as muslims have told him that they will boycott his shop and cause him grief if he has bacon in any of his foods on display. I asked him if muslims made up most of his business to which he replied "No".

Damned bullies.
So he's pissing off the majority of his clientele by changing his menu for minimal gain? Sounds like he has no idea about business, or this is another one of these "things that didn't happen" :roll:
Black Orchid wrote:
They get their cheese from the butchers? Nice :thumb
"But you will run your fluffy bunny mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:27 pm

Solonoid wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:Chicken processors are paying around $40,000 per annum and some abattoirs are paying $27,000 a month for halal certification. If you think none of these fees end up being passed onto the consumer you are a fool.

Damned bullies.
And they wonder why anti Muslim sentiment is growing. I don't know why they are allowed to come here and start demanding we change for them.? They can always go HOME!!!!! So yeah- don't let the door hit your ass on the way out!
Agree Nef.... :thumb
They either come here to be Australians or stay at HOME as Saudis or Iraqis or Iranians or Lebs.
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD