Halal Food

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
Black Orchid

Re: Halal Food

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:41 pm

Solonoid wrote:I don't know why they are allowed to come here and start demanding we change for them.? They can always go HOME!!!!! So yeah- don't let the door hit your ass on the way out!
Because we ARE changing for them. Both parties bend over backwards for them. This is just one instance.

Personally, I think we should hold a referendum to see what the majority of Australians really want. Neither political party is worth a damn where this is concerned.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:53 pm

Solonoid wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:
Solonoid wrote:I don't know why they are allowed to come here and start demanding we change for them.? They can always go HOME!!!!! So yeah- don't let the door hit your ass on the way out!
Because we ARE changing for them. Both parties bend over backwards for them. This is just one instance.

Personally, I think we should hold a referendum to see what the majority of Australians really want. Neither political party is worth a damn where this is concerned.
At this stage in the electoral cycle I dont think either Party is game to make any bold statements-- they are too worried about being re-elected, that will become clearer in the next 1 plus years. It has always been a tricky one, on the one hand they dont want to upset Muslims and exports and on the other hand, they have to keep the electorate happy. Muslims will always win.
Well it's about time they made US happy. They should listen to what Aussies really want. If not another party will eventually blow them both out of the water. By then it will probably be too late though. Australians are too complacent.

If the majority of Australians wanted to keep multiculturalism alive and bow to the muslims I would accept that but I don't believe that is the case. The only apologist nutters I ever encounter are on the net. I truly don't believe that the majority of Australians want to continue along the path we are already on.

AiA in Atlanta

Post by AiA in Atlanta » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:44 pm

Is their no Kosher certification in AUS. I see that mark on many American food products. Never paid attention to this when I lived in AUS.

AshLee

Post by AshLee » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:43 pm

Gandalf wrote:Air is halal, are you going to stop breathing it ? All this nonsense over halal certification. It has nothing to do with you, it has to do with the suppliers of the food and what they would like to do.

Halal certification does nothing to your food so why be scared of it ?

Give me one terrorist organization that has used halal certification to fund it ?
Prove air is Halal gandalf.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:06 pm

AiA in Atlanta wrote:Is their no Kosher certification in AUS. I see that mark on many American food products. Never paid attention to this when I lived in AUS.
There is a Kosher section in my local Coles but it is only a small section and not across the board.

AiA in Atlanta

Post by AiA in Atlanta » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:36 am

Black Orchid wrote:
AiA in Atlanta wrote:Is their no Kosher certification in AUS. I see that mark on many American food products. Never paid attention to this when I lived in AUS.
There is a Kosher section in my local Coles but it is only a small section and not across the board.
Hungry Jews everywhere in the States and they gotta eat.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:11 pm

freediver

Post by freediver » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:24 pm

What about Don smallgoods?

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:47 pm

Black Orchid wrote:Products which are halal certified ...

http://www.halalchoices.com.au/product_lists_halal.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Products which have ingredients that are halal certified ...

http://www.halalchoices.com.au/product_ ... ients.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Products that are not halal certified ...

http://www.halalchoices.com.au/product_ ... halal.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Don Smallgoods are on the non-certified list

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:17 pm

Black Orchid wrote:I recently went to buy a caesar salad from my local chicken shop and noticed there was no bacon in it. There is always bacon in a caesar salad so I asked why it was all of a sudden missing. The new owner told me that he is happy to cook the bacon for me but I need to ask for it now as an extra as muslims have told him that they will boycott his shop and cause him grief if he has bacon in any of his foods on display. I asked him if muslims made up most of his business to which he replied "No".

Damned bullies.
I went back today to get a caesar salad and before I could say "with bacon please" I noticed that the salad was FULL of bacon.

The owner was serving at the time and recognised me from last time. He said ..

"You were right and I am selling much more caesar salad now. Those muslims come in wanting halal, see the pork, start complaining and run out"

He said he has no intention of taking pork off his roasts menu just because a few of them come in making a noise. Good for him and I am glad his business is improving.