Halal Food

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
Neferti

Re: Halal Food

Post by Neferti » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:41 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:I recently went to buy a caesar salad from my local chicken shop and noticed there was no bacon in it. There is always bacon in a caesar salad so I asked why it was all of a sudden missing. The new owner told me that he is happy to cook the bacon for me but I need to ask for it now as an extra as muslims have told him that they will boycott his shop and cause him grief if he has bacon in any of his foods on display. I asked him if muslims made up most of his business to which he replied "No".

Damned bullies.
I went back today to get a caesar salad and before I could say "with bacon please" I noticed that the salad was FULL of bacon.

The owner was serving at the time and recognised me from last time. He said ..

"You were right and I am selling much more caesar salad now. Those muslims come in wanting halal, see the pork, start complaining and run out"

He said he has no intention of taking pork off his roasts menu just because a few of them come in making a noise. Good for him and I am glad his business is improving.
WELL DONE! His business with improve I am sure. Remind them that Aussie HAMburgers are made out of beef, not ham. LOL

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:21 pm

LOL @ HAMburgers.

Today his salad trays were almost empty by mid afternoon. I went in for 1 salad but I was so impressed that I bought 3 large and a chocolate mousse.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:24 pm

Today my son went to a nearby shopping centre to get his suit altered and stopped for his favourite Ogalo burger combo "with bacon".

Apparently they don't do bacon at this particular outlet anymore and offered him "beef rashers" as a substitute. He told them what they could do with their beef rashers and left.

This is the second time I have encountered the disappearance of bacon products in as many weeks yet people keep telling me that Muslims are a tiny minority here and are not demanding any changes to our lifestyle.

Really?

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:32 pm

I hope the people who choose to get bullied into taking bacon off their menus see the light or suffer for their choices.

'My guy' down the road got bullied into taking bacon off the visible menu but was smart enough to finally flip them the bird.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:48 pm

Why are these people taking bacon off their menus? Are they so afraid that the Muslims won't buy their food that they bow down to that? Muslims are a very small proportion of the Australian population. Let them set up their own little cafe and sandwich bar for their Muslim customers. Leave us Aussies who like bacon, alone. I can see some Aussies avoiding buying at places that are catering for Muslims with no bacon on the menu. Ridiculous.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:02 pm

It certainly won't do their businesses any good to take bacon off the menu.

As I said above about my local guy. Apparently the muslims came in and demanded he remove all bacon/pork products from his counter. They weren't even regular customers. He removed it and then offered it on the side to people who specifically asked for it. I told him he would lose business and he agreed that he WAS losing business. So, he changed tack again and out came the bacon and now he is doing really well again.

Fear maybe?

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:10 pm

Black Orchid wrote:It certainly won't do their businesses any good to take bacon off the menu.

As I said above about my local guy. Apparently the muslims came in and demanded he remove all bacon/pork products from his counter. They weren't even regular customers. He removed it and then offered it on the side to people who specifically asked for it. I told him he would lose business and he agreed that he WAS losing business. So, he changed tack again and out came the bacon and now he is doing really well again.

Fear maybe?
I was going to say something along those lines. Take bacon off the menu and lose Aussie customers ... leave it on and miss out on a few local Muzzies who want a HAMburger with The Lot. :rofl

Some people would cut off their nose to spite their face. I mean why should we take notice of what the Muslims want? Start their own Halal sandwich bar if they want. Cater to their own kind, etcetera. Stop telling Aussies what we can and cannot do. Grrr.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:16 pm

More than 70 per cent of all chicken slaughtered in Australia is done according to Sharia Law. This means Islamic principles and rituals. Baiada/Steggles and Ingham have more than 70 per cent of the market share and there are other chicken companies like Red Lea who also halal certify their chickens.

They pay around $40,000 per year each factory just in halal certification fees. But there are many more costs involved. I have reported before how in some of these factories six Muslim-only men are employed to watch, pray and rotate on a full time basis while a machine does all the slaughtering. That is a few hundred thousand in wages in one processing plant for a service that around 2 per cent of the Australian population requires.

Usually at this point the naysayers like to jump on the, “it’s for export” bandwagon. Nuh-uh!
This means that virtually all chicken meat eaten in Australia is grown in Australia. Also, almost all chicken meat produced in Australia is consumed locally, with just under five per cent being exported. Australian chicken meat is exported primarily to South Africa, the Philippines, Hong Kong, Singapore and the South Pacific islands (DAFF), 2011). These are not countries where Islam is a primary religion or market.

How is it that more than 70 per cent of all chicken slaughtered in Australia is subject to an Islamic religious practice and fees and yet only 2% of the consumers are actual Muslim?
Source: Chicken.org.au See pages 21-23 and page 32

http://morningmail.org/telling-halal-chicken-porkies/

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:49 pm

Is it not Islam "law" that animals must be "slit at the throat"?

Where is Mantra? She should be doing something about this disgusting habit?

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:01 pm

Their throats are slit without being stunned first.