Food and Drinkies

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
Neferti

Re: Food and Drinkies

Post by Neferti » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:49 pm

Sorry but what you do is try to establish which "foods" your baby is allergic to.

Introduce them, days apart, so that you get a reaction ... or not.

Strawberries
Eggs
Tomatoes
Peanut butter

Lots more.

mellie

Post by mellie » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:53 pm

Neferti~ wrote:Sorry but what you do is try to establish which "foods" your baby is allergic to.

Strawberries
Eggs
Tomatoes
Peanut butter

Lots more.

She's never reacted to anything... which is quite different to my middle child, who I had to introduce things in tiny increments with caution.

No allergies yet.

:lol: *touch wood*
~A climate change denier is what an idiot calls a realist~https://g.co/kgs/6F5wtU

mellie

Post by mellie » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:55 pm

Actually Nef, I reacted to egg's and weetbix when I was a tot... though I can eat them now no probs.
~A climate change denier is what an idiot calls a realist~https://g.co/kgs/6F5wtU

lisa jones

Post by lisa jones » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:07 pm

Neferti~ wrote:Sorry but what you do is try to establish which "foods" your baby is allergic to.

Strawberries
Eggs
Tomatoes
Peanut butter

Lots more.
You're telling this to a woman pushing 40 who already has 3 kids?

Hmmmm says it all really.
I would rather die than sell my heart and soul to an online forum Anti Christ like you Monk

mellie

Post by mellie » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:13 pm

Nef, I saw a child with a nasty strawberry allergy once... (a neighbours child) not quite anaphylaxis, but their mouth swoll up something shocking.

Quite distressing for the child and parent.

My eldest daughter developed an allergy to pineapple in her teens.

Weird how body chemistry works.

:|

mellie

Post by mellie » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:16 pm

Speaking of food and drinkies... I purchased New Ideas "On the table in 30 Minutes" today.

It's got some great recipes in it.

Fast and simple.

mantra

Post by mantra » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:34 am

Neferti~ wrote:Strawberries
Eggs
Tomatoes
Peanut butter
My son had an allergy to foods when he was young. He would get symptoms of hayfever and a mild cough. I didn't give my children peanut butter.

He was allergic to potatoes, corn and wheat. Even as a child he avoided those foods, so it was no hardship to eliminate anything. He has been diet conscious all his life. While his friends filled themselves up with junk food, he would come home and eat a plate of salad, grilled meat and rice. He's the same today - still avoiding salt, sugar and too much starch.

mellie

Post by mellie » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:46 am

mantra wrote:
Eggs
Tomatoes
Peanut butter
My son had an allergy to foods when he was young. He would get symptoms of hayfever and a mild cough. I didn't give my children peanut butter.

He was allergic to potatoes, corn and wheat. Even as a child he avoided those foods, so it was no hardship to eliminate anything. He has been diet conscious all his life. While his friends filled themselves up with junk food, he would come home and eat a plate of salad, grilled meat and rice. He's the same today - still avoiding salt, sugar and too much starch.

OMG Mantra, Feeding your little boy must have been so difficult. :?

skippy

Post by skippy » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:44 am

mantra wrote:
Eggs
Tomatoes
Peanut butter

He must be pretty fit and healthy on that diet. In a way he's lucky as he knows no better.
My sister who is fifty has just spent ten days in hospital after an adverse reaction to " somthing" many tests later nothing shows up as to why it happened.
She came out in a rash all over her body and her throat swelled so much she could hardly breath and it kept happening for days even when she was in hospital.
She has even had a professor check her out who had " special" tests done and still nothing shows up.
They've given her an epipen and said we don't know what you're alergic to.
They have her on a gluten free diet ( my mum is coeliac) and she is not allowed to eat seafood either as she'd eaten prawns the day she had the first reaction, but she was tested for prawns and it showed she was not alergic to them.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:12 am

My sister has Coeliac disease and there are tests for it as you probably well know. A gluten free diet won't help unless she is positive for it.

A friend of mine had a similar experience and she nearly died. Turned out she was allergic to MSG and tomatoes tipped her over the edge one night.