I feel old when....

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
Super Nova

I feel old when....

Post by Super Nova » Tue May 16, 2017 6:53 am

I see people walking around talking to themselves and realise they are just on the phone with ear pieces.

I remember the days when a person walking around talking apparently to themselves was an easy tell, they are crazy and to be avoided. Today I cannot tell the crazies from the phone user.
Always remember what you post, send or do on the internet is not private and you are responsible.

Super Nova

Re: I feel old when....

Post by Super Nova » Tue May 16, 2017 6:55 am

When my daughter asks why we need a phone that has a cable stuck to the wall.... why?

And she doesn't believe I grew up without a phone at home and we had to go to phone boxes... and she asks... what is a phone box. What is a phone book. Why does the phone have a cable to the hand piece.
Always remember what you post, send or do on the internet is not private and you are responsible.

AiA in Atlanta

Re: I feel old when....

Post by AiA in Atlanta » Tue May 16, 2017 10:34 pm

For me, my reluctance to go full on with smartphones doesn't make me feel old but it does make me wonder ... sure, I have a smartphone - I keep it in my backpack in a case with my Kindle and that is where it stays 99% of the time. I don't walk around talking on it, oblivious to my surroundings. I don't look at it on the train ride to work, nor do I check it first thing in the morning or last thing at night. It is a fucking tool, like my lawn mower. I use it and then I put it away.