What the fuck

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
Outlaw Yogi

Re: What the fuck

Post by Outlaw Yogi » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:19 pm

Working as a picker means quite a bit of interaction with back packers. Several years ago some pomy back packers said they were quite surprised by how much Ozzies swear. One who came back for a 2nd visit claimed they (back packers) couldn't help but pick up our swearing habits and then got in trouble off their parents back in England.

On one farm (squash, zuccini & eggplant) I worked on about 8 years ago we had 2 English girls on our crew who were a bit reserved.
Also on the crew was an old bloke (lived in a caravan behind the house I had on the farm) who got drunk every night, then got up at 2am so he could get drunk again before work and would go down to the packing shed at 5am to gossip with the boss' wife.

On 2 occasions he made accusations about me to the boss' wife that weren't true. I forgave him and still gave him lifts to town so he could buy his plonk. Then he dobbed me in for something I did do (in retaliation to a theft).

Next morning I turn up in the paddock and he says "Good morning ..... (my name)". I replied "Get fucked yer mutt".
He said "Don't speak to me like that!" and I replied "Don't speak to me at all unless you want your fucking head kicked in"

The look on these 2 pomy chick's faces was "Oh shit, these Ozzies are fucking mad/crazy".
If Donald Trump is so close to the Ruskis, why couldn't he get Vladimir Putin to put novichok in Xi Jjinping's lipstick?

boxy

Post by boxy » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:36 pm

If you tell a child that it's OK to use your swear words, they will just make up new ones to offend you, when the time comes.
"But you will run your fluffy bunny mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:15 pm

I would have forgiven him after the first slur but anything beyond that he needs to own the consequences for. We need to cut off the dead wood in our lives, not enable it.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:05 pm

Children hear "swear words", usually they are told NOT to use them and they obey (in ear shot) ;) . As they get older .....

Today, my daughter and grand daughters were here and I said "shit" and they all giggled and said something like "Grandma is annoyed" (and I was). :rofl

AiA in Atlanta

Post by AiA in Atlanta » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:19 am

Neferti~ wrote:Children hear "swear words", usually they are told NOT to use them and they obey (in ear shot) ;) . As they get older .....

Today, my daughter and grand daughters were here and I said "shit" and they all giggled and said something like "Grandma is annoyed" (and I was). :rofl
I suspect "Grandma" says a lot worse than "shit."

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:08 am

AiA in Atlanta wrote:
I suspect "Grandma" says a lot worse than "shit."
Yes, but not in front of the children. :rofl

cods

Post by cods » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:06 am

a lot of things shouldnt be said in front of the children...

at the weekend we had a family gathering where the talk got around to my sons dog who may have a brain tumor hes having fits and difficulty walking hes a gorgeous ridgeback a beautiful animal...and its just not looking good...last night 8 yr old grandson asked his mum about the dog and she had to explain to him about dying....he then got upset and said I dont want nanny H [me] to die...kids worry about some things dont they?

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:11 pm

Usually, the first experience with "death" is when a pet dies.

My maternal Grandfather died when I was 12. My paternal Grandmother died when I was 14. My maternal Grandmother died when I was 21, all by "stroke". My paternal Grandfather died when my father was 17 (heart attack), so I never knew him. Both Grandfathers married women much, much younger than they were and they only married once, both had 5 kids each. All died in their late 70s. I still remember them, fondly and do NOT expect to see them in Heaven. :mrgreen:

cods

Post by cods » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:34 pm

trust you have had your heart checked nef...sounds like dodgy heart runs in the family....

look at dean mercer 47....and super fit... so he thought.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:47 pm

cods wrote:trust you have had your heart checked nef...sounds like dodgy heart runs in the family....
You die because you were born. It happens. Worrying about it won't make it go away. EVERYONE dies in the end.

Some of my rellies are still alive at 98. Some died from cancer. Medical stuff has moved on a LOT since my Grandparents day.

IF I had a choice, I think getting "run over by a bus" might be it. :rofl This "dying, peacefully, in their sleep" is telling LIES. DYING, like being BORN is not without pain. Pity we cannot come back and tell everybody about the experience. :rofl