Old flames

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
skippy

Old flames

Post by skippy » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:38 pm

OK, be honest anyone here confess to checking out old girlfriends or boyfriends on social media?
I confess I have recently done that.
It's kind of weird though. You see these people that you were in a relationship with years ago, the girl I looked up a couple of days ago was from thirty years ago yet I recognised her straight away. She looks great.
I wish I hadn't looked her up now, I can't stop thinking about her. She is the only former partner I would ever want to contact again. Funny thing is I dumped her and she was so into me, I just met her at the wrong time in my life.
She has obviously done well for herself, when I knew her she lived in Turrumurra and it looks like she still lives around there, in St Ives.
I remember her parents were well off so she must have inherited the fortune. I wouldn't contact her I love and respect my wife too much.
Sorry, I can't believe I just shared this, but I needed to get it off my chest and couldn't share it with the wife for obvious reasons. :rofl

762NATO

Re: Old flames

Post by 762NATO » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:23 pm

Nar , my exes are all fluffy bunnies....and they probably reckon that about me

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:36 am

I think it is a normal thing to do Skippy and your wife has probably even done it herself.

AiA in Atlanta

Post by AiA in Atlanta » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:12 am

I had one contact me out of the blue several years back. Funny thing is, she emailed me but we have no mutual friends, no one who could have given her my address. Don't know how she got it. She was originally from Surfers Paradise and now lives in Canada with her Canadian husband. Her initial email was long and full of questions, which I responded to, but she went silent after that. Did she feel guilty? Did her husband find out? Dunno. Doesn't matter - she meant nothing to me.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:20 am

I think everybody does a Google about "old friends and foe" ... just because you can. Doesn't mean that you are hankering to meet up with them again after eons. :mrgreen:

skippy

Post by skippy » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:43 pm

Neferti~ wrote:I think everybody does a Google about "old friends and foe" ... just because you can. Doesn't mean that you are hankering to meet up with them again after eons. :mrgreen:
Oh yea I've googled plenty of exes but I dislike most of them. :rofl

cods

Post by cods » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:46 am

not sure about this.....did anyone watch the TV show Last Tango in Halifax...

I think the past should remain in the past....let your imagination be what it may...

you shouldnt feel guilty skip....just curious and for all you know she may not even remember you...
now that would hurt...just kidding.

skippy

Post by skippy » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:01 pm

cods wrote:not sure about this.....did anyone watch the TV show Last Tango in Halifax...

I think the past should remain in the past....let your imagination be what it may...

you shouldnt feel guilty skip....just curious and for all you know she may not even remember you...
now that would hurt...just kidding.
:rofl maybe she doesn't remember me.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:23 pm

She has probably already stealthily Facebook stalked you Skippy.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:55 pm

I remember my first love ... we were both 18, we never did anything sexual and I met his parents. Then he moved away and we wrote letters for a while ...

Several years later, he came to visit me and the original zing had gone. He married another (as I did) and Life went on. I do still think about him though. :mrgreen: