The Butterfly Forest update

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
Warrior

Re: The Butterfly Forest update

Post by Warrior » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:00 am

The locals will put out massive bundles of flowers as well as special made sugar nectar for the Monarchs as they will fly into these town and completely cover entire forest areas as entire trees are just COVERED with the butterflies.

Warrior

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:03 am

Every time I see the word Monarch Butterfly it reminds me of that show Under the Dome which was also Stephen King.

Warrior

Post by Warrior » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:10 am

Black Orchid wrote:Every time I see the word Monarch Butterfly it reminds me of that show Under the Dome which was also Stephen King.
LOL!!!

Well I tell you what I often travel to Mexico and I keep wanting to go to one of these small towns as they have Fiesta's and Fireworks and it really is one HELL of a good time...TEQUILA!!!......does pee wee Herman dance......and it is time to GO!!

Warrior.

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:07 pm

Warrior wrote:And of course here in North America we get to see one of the most spectacular migrations in nature as millions upon millions of MONARCH BUTTERFLIES fly from Canada and the United States down to Mexico for the winter.

There are specific towns in Mexico they fly to and the locals have massive parties celebrating the Monarch Butterflies return.

LINK.....https://www.google.com/search?q=monarch ... 93&bih=530
We used to get Monarch Butterflies in New Zealand.
Not sure if they are in Australia.

Warrior - you are a good bloke
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

Warrior

Post by Warrior » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:18 pm

sprintcyclist wrote:
Warrior wrote:And of course here in North America we get to see one of the most spectacular migrations in nature as millions upon millions of MONARCH BUTTERFLIES fly from Canada and the United States down to Mexico for the winter.

There are specific towns in Mexico they fly to and the locals have massive parties celebrating the Monarch Butterflies return.

Warrior - you are a good bloke

Thanks man I try to be.

Regardless of what some members might think I have never been on this forum until a few days ago and I am NOT any of these other former members that some members keep saying I am.

I was asked very nicely to come here and try to help spice things up and help those members who are just interested in having civilized and interesting conversations and debates thrive while at the same time try to help settle down those members who seem to be more interested in calling others names as no one wants to be on a forum where every idea and every post they might make is viciously attacked just for the sake of attacking.

I am not like that.

Yes I will defend myself and defend those who just want to have fun but I take no joy in embarrassing or hurting another persons feelings.

You are a good guy as well.

Thanks again.

Warrior.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:27 pm

sprintcyclist wrote:

Yes, we have Monarch Butterflies in Australia. Apparently there are 400 species of Butterflies in Australia. Google is your friend. ;)

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/pro ... ia/6768228

Warrior

Post by Warrior » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:37 pm

Neferti~ wrote:
sprintcyclist wrote:

Yes, we have Monarch Butterflies in Australia. Apparently there are 400 species of Butterflies in Australia. Google is your friend. ;)

http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/pro ... ia/6768228

COOL!!!!

Thank you for informing me and I did not know you had them!!

AMAZING that the Monarch is all over eh??

Warrior.

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:09 pm

.............. help those members who are just interested in having civilized and interesting conversations and debates thrive while at the same time try to help settle down those members who seem to be more interested in calling others names as no one wants to be on a forum where every idea and every post they might make is viciously attacked just for the sake of attacking.

I am not like that..............
yes, the mods in other sites should not use a 'rulebook' and just 'ban as desired ........'

A topic about butterflies would not exist elsewhere.
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:28 pm

sprintcyclist wrote:
yes, the mods in other sites should not use a 'rulebook' and just 'ban as desired ........'

Did you check out the Butterfly Bush (Buddleia Davidii)?

http://www.finegardening.com/butterfly- ... ia-davidii

Warrior

Post by Warrior » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:33 pm

sprintcyclist wrote:
.............. help those members who are just interested in having civilized and interesting conversations and debates thrive while at the same time try to help settle down those members who seem to be more interested in calling others names as no one wants to be on a forum where every idea and every post they might make is viciously attacked just for the sake of attacking.

I am not like that..............

The thing is the members themselves can easily control such things on a forum.

I mean no one likes constant name calling and back and forth fighting.

It get's OLD very quick.

And there is no reason why people can't at least treat other's as they want to be treated themselves.

By the way we have several different BUTTERFLY BUSHES that grow up here and the butterfly's love them!!

As well close to where I live is a Butterfly Conservatory which is a big glass greenhouse with all sorts of plants and loaded with exotic butterfly's and anyone can go inside and enjoy it.

I will see if I can post a link.

Warrior.