Would you rent out your house?

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
Rorschach

Re: Would you rent out your house?

Post by Rorschach » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:21 am

Nope...
I had a rental property and Hookers took care of the management.... they only got me "AAA" clients but they still damaged my property. I had to take out Landlord Insurance, plumbing problems, oil on carpets, coffee stains, holes in walls etc... all caused by "AAA" rated clients...

If you don't care about your house and never want to move back in, then fine, but make sure you take out INSURANCE.

Otherwise nope.... just sell it.
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

Gordon

Post by Gordon » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:21 pm

I think your best option is to rent your place out while you try the new area and make a decision after 1 or 2 years.
When moving to a new area, it can take that long to really get the vibe of the place, learn which areas or even which streets are best.

Choose a good agent and make sure you have top landlords insurance.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:32 pm

Rorschach wrote:Nope...
I had a rental property and Hookers took care of the management.... they only got me "AAA" clients but they still damaged my property. I had to take out Landlord Insurance, plumbing problems, oil on carpets, coffee stains, holes in walls etc... all caused by "AAA" rated clients...

If you don't care about your house and never want to move back in, then fine, but make sure you take out INSURANCE.

Otherwise nope.... just sell it.

If I am happy at the my location I may well do so -
just sell as my place it's all renovated and in good condition.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:33 pm

Gordon wrote:I think your best option is to rent your place out while you try the new area and make a decision after 1 or 2 years.
When moving to a new area, it can take that long to really get the vibe of the place, learn which areas or even which streets are best.

Choose a good agent and make sure you have top landlords insurance.
Insurance? - yes but I'd have to read the fine print carefully.