How was your day?

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
Bobby

Re: How was your day?

Post by Bobby » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:18 pm

BigP wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:28 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:31 pm
P they seem like very young and illiterate scam artists. You should report them before they sting someone.
I recieved an email from trademe admonishing me for improper use of their question tab,, I will be give those pricks a call tomorrow to point them in the right direction lol,

Im not going to work tomorrow as I have the home kill slaughterman turning up to dispatch one of my cows, I caught a young magpie yesterday , have popped it in a cage, I am hoping it will tame up,

The poor cow - it's murder.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:35 pm

Don't you eat meat Bobby?

I found an injured Magpie once and reared it for awhile. I was hoping to teach it to talk. I fed it very carefully with a paddle pop stick and had to put it in a cage one night when we had a friend and his lady over for dinner. I told his lady friend NOT to try to feed it as she was fascinated and kept disappearing to the laundry where it was.

Did she listen? NO!! Against my instructions she tried to feed it and it swallowed the paddle pop stick which was poking out of its chest. I tried to gently massage it out and it did spit it out but a couple of hours later it was dead. I was so freaking angry with the stupid cow :mad

BigP

Post by BigP » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:26 am

Bobby wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:18 pm
BigP wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:
P they seem like very young and illiterate scam artists. You should report them before they sting someone.
I recieved an email from trademe admonishing me for improper use of their question tab,, I will be give those pricks a call tomorrow to point them in the right direction lol,

Im not going to work tomorrow as I have the home kill slaughterman turning up to dispatch one of my cows, I caught a young magpie yesterday , have popped it in a cage, I am hoping it will tame up,

Its only murder if another cow kills it lol,,

It was a lovely cow , very friendly, but it was purchased and raised for this purpose, it was 300kgs dressed, I am starting to salivate at the thought of the sausages , mince and steak YUM!

BigP

Post by BigP » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:26 am

Black Orchid wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:35 pm
Don't you eat meat Bobby?

I found an injured Magpie once and reared it for awhile. I was hoping to teach it to talk. I fed it very carefully with a paddle pop stick and had to put it in a cage one night when we had a friend and his lady over for dinner. I told his lady friend NOT to try to feed it as she was fascinated and kept disappearing to the laundry where it was.

Did she listen? NO!! Against my instructions she tried to feed it and it swallowed the paddle pop stick which was poking out of its chest. I tried to gently massage it out and it did spit it out but a couple of hours later it was dead. I was so freaking angry with the stupid cow :mad
That would have made me very cross GGRRRRRRRRRRR

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:12 am

Yesterday was good.

Had some Skintime and 2 bottles of home brew. One was excellent, the other quite passable
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:16 pm

BigP wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:26 am
Bobby wrote:
BigP wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:

It was a lovely cow , very friendly, but it was purchased and raised for this purpose, it was 300kgs dressed, I am starting to salivate at the thought of the sausages , mince and steak YUM!

I don't mind a piece of steak when it's in
a plastic packet in the supermarket but
I could never kill an animal that I know or have fed.

BigP

Post by BigP » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:08 am

Bobby wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:16 pm
BigP wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:26 am
Bobby wrote:
BigP wrote:
Black Orchid wrote:

Not a country boy are you Bob

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:52 am

BigP wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:08 am
Bobby wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:16 pm

Not a country boy are you Bob

I had a pet goat when I was a kid as we had enough land to use a goat as a lawn mower.
Animals are more intelligent than we give them credit for.

I'd have to be very hungry to kill say a sheep & cut it up.
Mind you I have butchered half a sheep many times as we used to buy
half a sheep from a wholesale butcher
& I'd cut it up into the various "cuts" of meat & put it into the freezer.
I used a hacksaw to get through the bones & a meat axe - and a knife.
We couldn't afford to buy meat in little plastic packets from the supermarket
for a large family.

People don't do that anymore nowadays.

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:45 am

I would imagine cutting up a 1/2 a sheep would be a big job
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:19 pm

sprintcyclist wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:45 am
I would imagine cutting up a 1/2 a sheep would be a big job

It is - especially when you have to use a hacksaw instead of an electric band saw.