Weird Coincidences

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
Black Orchid

Weird Coincidences

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:32 am

Years before I married my ex husband I was engaged to another guy. A really wonderful man ... but I was young., too young. We had a long engagement and during that time I panicked about a life long commitment and broke it off.

Yesterday an old school friend contacted me on Facebook. We haven't seen each other since a school reunion almost 27 years ago. It was great and like no time had passed at all. We chatted for a long time and committed to catch up after Christmas!

This morning I decided to look through her friends list to see if there was anyone else from school that I would like to renew contact with and I see this vaguely familiar face with lots of pics of her hugging my friend. It's obvious they are good friends too.

On closer examination I realise that this other person is the sister of my first fiance! She was several years older than us, didn't live near us and I have no idea how they are friends but I will have to ask next time we talk!

It's strange how things work! Very strange! :WTF

BigP

Re: Weird Coincidences

Post by BigP » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:42 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:32 am
Years before I married my ex husband I was engaged to another guy. A really wonderful man ... but I was young., too young. We had a long engagement and during that time I panicked about a life long commitment and broke it off.

Yesterday an old school friend contacted me on Facebook. We haven't seen each other since a school reunion almost 27 years ago. It was great and like no time had passed at all. We chatted for a long time and committed to catch up after Christmas!

This morning I decided to look through her friends list to see if there was anyone else from school that I would like to renew contact with and I see this vaguely familiar face with lots of pics of her hugging my friend. It's obvious they are good friends too.

On closer examination I realise that this other person is the sister of my first fiance! She was several years older than us, didn't live near us and I have no idea how they are friends but I will have to ask next time we talk!

It's strange how things work! Very strange! :WTF
Sounds like you are a popular girl B, Those curry munchers wont get a look in lol

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:46 pm

You never, ever, forget your first love! He won't have forgotten you either!

BigP

Post by BigP » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:48 pm

Neferti~ wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:46 pm
You talkin love or infatuation Nef ?

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:50 pm

I still have the ring too. He refused to take it back.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:06 pm

BigP wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:48 pm
Neferti~ wrote:
FIRST LOVE! My first boyfriend (when I was 18 and so was he). He worked for the ANZ Bank and we "went out" for about 6 months before he got a transfer. Then we wrote to each other, I met his parents and so forth. We remained virgins (no groping even), long distance romances do never last ... eventually, when I was about 22, he turned up to "see me". Next I heard that he was engaged to another girl ... I was NOT upset or even curious ... past is past.

Then about 12 years ago, I rang him. I wanted to know that he was OK. He remembered me and we had a 15 minute chat. He's OK and happy and my mind is better as it wasn't "my fault" (or his) ... things happen.

OK?

BigP

Post by BigP » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:05 am

Neferti~ wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:06 pm
BigP wrote:
Neferti~ wrote:
FIRST LOVE! My first boyfriend (when I was 18 and so was he). He worked for the ANZ Bank and we "went out" for about 6 months before he got a transfer. Then we wrote to each other, I met his parents and so forth. We remained virgins (no groping even), long distance romances do never last ... eventually, when I was about 22, he turned up to "see me". Next I heard that he was engaged to another girl ... I was NOT upset or even curious ... past is past.

Then about 12 years ago, I rang him. I wanted to know that he was OK. He remembered me and we had a 15 minute chat. He's OK and happy and my mind is better as it wasn't "my fault" (or his) ... things happen.

OK?
No groping, did you kiss him , sounds like pretty tame love

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:49 am

You are confusing sex with love. Sex is LUST. :mrgreen:

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:37 am

Neferti~ wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:06 pm
BigP wrote:
Neferti~ wrote:

OK?

1st love, how good is that.

I remember mine, Marie. Lovely girl.
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

BigP

Post by BigP » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:11 pm

Neferti~ wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:49 am
You are confusing sex with love. Sex is LUST. :mrgreen:
I love sex, lol

From my own personal experience , If you luv em, you want to shag em