Day/Night Owls Chit Chat

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
BigP

Re: Day/Night Owls Chit Chat

Post by BigP » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:51 am

Texan wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:17 pm
BigP wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:53 pm
Texan wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:44 am
Good news. My youngest has found full time apprentice work at a diesel mechanic shop while he is also going to school full time. The pay is pretty good and he can easily pay for his education and I no longer have to do it. My boy is growing up. I hope he has the discipline to complete his studies. He's taking on a big load.

""and he can easily pay for his education and I no longer have to do it""

Do you ever stop supporting them ?
He just turned 19 and graduated high school in May. His school is supposed to be free because of a government program related to my status as a Texas veteran, but I can't get the paperwork I need because covid has shut down the records building in St Louis. I may get the $5500 back, but I doubt it.
I wish you luck with that Tex 5k is handy money, We have a free education system in NZ and for the best part it is , my kids are still at home, my son is 21 and at Uni, doing a degree in computer sciences, my daughter is 23 and finished her degree in mechatronics around 12 months ago she presently works for a defense contractor owned by an American company, doing embedded chip programing, the company work out of a nondescript building no company name etc as historically they have copped a lot of hostility from the political left,

Texan

Post by Texan » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:07 pm

BigP wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:51 am
Texan wrote:
BigP wrote:
Texan wrote:
Good news. My youngest has found full time apprentice work at a diesel mechanic shop while he is also going to school full time. The pay is pretty good and he can easily pay for his education and I no longer have to do it. My boy is growing up. I hope he has the discipline to complete his studies. He's taking on a big load.

He just turned 19 and graduated high school in May. His school is supposed to be free because of a government program related to my status as a Texas veteran, but I can't get the paperwork I need because covid has shut down the records building in St Louis. I may get the $5500 back, but I doubt it.
I wish you luck with that Tex 5k is handy money, We have a free education system in NZ and for the best part it is , my kids are still at home, my son is 21 and at Uni, doing a degree in computer sciences, my daughter is 23 and finished her degree in mechatronics around 12 months ago she presently works for a defense contractor owned by an American company, doing embedded chip programing, the company work out of a nondescript building no company name etc as historically they have copped a lot of hostility from the political left,
It sounds like your kids are doing well. Since education isn't free here, you have to be careful about the education your kids go for. If your kid wants to go into debt for a degree in gender studies or social work then you may as well throw your money down a sewer and tell them to get a job waiting tables. My son is making enough now to support himself if he had to. He is going through a 2 year school to be a diesel mechanic and he is now working at a diesel repair shop and will have some good working experience before he finishes school and gets his certifications. He'll never be rich, but he is getting good skills and he will do well. I guess I'm losing another dependent on my taxes next year.

BigP

Post by BigP » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:12 am

Texan wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:07 pm
BigP wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:51 am
Texan wrote:
BigP wrote:
Texan wrote:

It sounds like your kids are doing well. Since education isn't free here, you have to be careful about the education your kids go for. If your kid wants to go into debt for a degree in gender studies or social work then you may as well throw your money down a sewer and tell them to get a job waiting tables. My son is making enough now to support himself if he had to. He is going through a 2 year school to be a diesel mechanic and he is now working at a diesel repair shop and will have some good working experience before he finishes school and gets his certifications. He'll never be rich, but he is getting good skills and he will do well. I guess I'm losing another dependent on my taxes next year.

I served my time as an Automotive machinist , and it opened a few doors to well paid work, It sounds like your son is doing all the right things, he will make a good living as a diesel mechanic

As a parent it always a relief when your kids land on their feet , And personally it gives me a great sense of pride , and I sure that you feel the same way about your son

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:33 pm

Sydney is wet wet wet. Last year we were burning and choking on smoke and this year we are drowning.

BigP

Post by BigP » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:35 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:33 pm
Sydney is wet wet wet. Last year we were burning and choking on smoke and this year we are drowning.
Love is all around you, sweet cheeks,, :smack

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:07 pm

Canberra is wet too. Apparently the dams are just about to flow over! Won't affect me though.

BigP

Post by BigP » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:24 pm

Neferti~ wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:07 pm
Canberra is wet too. Apparently the dams are just about to flow over! Won't affect me though.

Your cup will not runneth over ?

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:22 pm

Spiders trying to outrun the flooding.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... nsw-floods

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:42 am

Neferti~ wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:07 pm
A spokesperson for Icon Water said Canberra’s four dams are currently at 100 per cent capacity.
https://the-riotact.com/canberra-dams-h ... ues/448463

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:36 pm

Spiders trying to get to higher ground.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.