Archives

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
Neferti

Re: Archives

Post by Neferti » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:24 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:22 pm
I did NOT archive nor password protect any of the old forums/threads. It was done years before my time. I merely kept it where it was when I took over. People will now well realise why it was archived years ago to begin with.

For God's sake back off Bobby with the inquisitions and demands. He hasn't even been EL for a week and already any semblance of discussion has stopped and replaced with this idiocy.
As we predicted! They'll get bored soon enough. ;)

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:26 pm

I have made suggestions for improvements, no timetable, no demands.

Booby even accepted and acted on one suggestion.

I know the dweeb has to master the ACP (Oh, Gawd, do I know THAT!) and do not expect it to try all of them at once now!

YOU have to accept you nearly killed this forum!

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:27 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
I did NOT archive nor password protect any of the old forums/threads. It was done years before my time. I merely kept it where it was when I took over. People will now well realise why it was archived years ago to begin with.

For God's sake back off Bobby with the inquisitions and demands. He hasn't even been EL for a week and already any semblance of discussion has stopped and replaced with this idiocy.

And Monk doesn't even consider technical problems.
Archived threads don't work anymore as normal threads you can reply to.
I worked on that for 1 hour today and then gave up.
Monk is ungrateful and he hasn't thanked me for all the hard work
I did on his behalf even to get him back here.

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:30 pm

Black Orchid wrote:

There never ever was that 'discussion' in your reign. That will be part of why you threw in the towel. You are forever to be known as the EL who sought the job and then..........after almost strangling the place.......tossed it so dismissively.

And........while I want you out as a GMod....failure.....I want you to be here so I can get right up your hard right wing crap and I will. But..why are you NOT doing what your mate Sappho said? Was she being a major Diva/Prima Donna posting that if Monk came back, both she and YOU, would leave?

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:32 pm

Bobby wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:27 pm
Black Orchid wrote:

There you go, yet again...wanting to be patted on the back for merely doing what you said you'd do.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:35 pm

For God's sake, let Bobby get on with it. Interfering is only holding the works up. :bike

PS. Does your signature apply to Monk too? :rofl
What sort of needy attention demanding wanker/s advertise/s all over the Forum whom they have on ignore?

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:39 pm

I do not see archived threads as being fit for replies. They are ARCHIVES for fucks sake! I deliberately made my Archives READ ONLY.

Don’t talk shit Booby! I want archives readable not read–write. But they should be readable by members NOT password protected!

YOU were doing OK, don’t let BO influence you!

I repeat: I made suggestions, not demands, I know you need to learn the ACP etc.

I also know the election just held was not clean and another election needs to be triggered ASAP and that will not be until say 20 September. In the meantime, Booby, be your own man, open PA up like it always was, take some BIG RADICAL decisions. If not, a new election will be triggered that you cannot win.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:42 pm

Aussie wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:32 pm
Bobby wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:27 pm
Black Orchid wrote:

There you go, yet again...wanting to be patted on the back for merely doing what you said you'd do.

No Aussie - I want you to write:

thanks Bobby for getting Monk and I back here.
I never thought I'd ever get back till you stood up for me.
I know that you never promised to get Archives brought back to view
so I really appreciate that you've started on that journey too.
I hear that my mate Smith will be back shortly - I also appreciate that.

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:45 pm

Isn't there some Rule about 'carping' here? Does that not extend to EL?

Three months Bobby, and in that time, lots of water will flow under the bridge.

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:49 pm

I bloody DID thank you for extending the time to edit a post, didn’t I?

And nothing else I SUGGESTED was in the nature of demand, was it?

Have I not said that I know (Oh, how I know!) that you need to master the ACP?

Fuck me! I had to set up the real PA with no help, move from phpBB2 to phpBB3 then to XenForo with only minor help.

I KNOW what you are going through Booby, you have my sympathy and understanding. BUT stop this shit of password protected boards! THAT is NOT PA!