My 'shed.'

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
Texan

Re: My 'shed.'

Post by Texan » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:41 pm

Chop saws are great if you are making the same cut over and over. You can make a jig to extend the base and use a wood block to set the target length and then just repetitively put wood in the jig to get the same exact length all day long without measuring. We used a jig like that to put tongue and groove wood siding under chair molding in a room and it turned out great.

The chop saw shouldn't need clamps to hold your work. The direction of the blade should pull the wood away from you and into the fence if anything.

So what are you going to do in your shop? I'd like to make tables, floating shelves, cutting boards, coasters and wall art from wood and epoxy resin. I may include LED lighting and lichtenburg wood burning. I'd also like to make a custom light fixture to go over a pool table using a wood block, epoxy resin, painted metal pipe and light shades.

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:52 pm

Texan wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:41 pm
Chop saws are great if you are making the same cut over and over. You can make a jig to extend the base and use a wood block to set the target length and then just repetitively put wood in the jig to get the same exact length all day long without measuring. We used a jig like that to put tongue and groove wood siding under chair molding in a room and it turned out great.

The chop saw shouldn't need clamps to hold your work. The direction of the blade should pull the wood away from you and into the fence if anything.

So what are you going to do in your shop? I'd like to make tables, floating shelves, cutting boards, coasters and wall art from wood and epoxy resin. I may include LED lighting and lichtenburg wood burning. I'd also like to make a custom light fixture to go over a pool table using a wood block, epoxy resin, painted metal pipe and light shades.
I'll make anything I can get plans for. When I am fully set up, I'll be building a router table from a plan I bought. It is so much more enjoyable when you have the right tools needed to do the job.

J o h n S m i t h

Post by J o h n S m i t h » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:37 pm

Nom De Plume wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:19 am
Smith is not too bright!
you realise he's cutting the wood and not chopping it ... right? :rofl :rofl

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:39 pm

J o h n S m i t h wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:37 pm
Nom De Plume wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:19 am
Smith is not too bright!
you realise he's cutting the wood and not chopping it ... right? :rofl :rofl
No...she does not and neither does Sappho.
Last edited by Aussie on Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

J o h n S m i t h

Post by J o h n S m i t h » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:40 pm

no wonder bobby feels so at home here. :clap

Gordon

Post by Gordon » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:25 pm

What happened to the other thread where Aussie posted about his shed?

Anyway, today I used the electric planer I posted about in that thread. A few weeks ago I pulled out some windows to replace the glass (easier to pull out from the inside than risk 6m on a ladder). The putty looked dry enough so I painted the outsides and refitted them today. Of course none of the reveals wanted to go back how they came out, so out came the planer. W00T.

IQS.RLOW

Post by IQS.RLOW » Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:46 pm

Aussie wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:52 pm
I'll make anything I can get plans for. When I am fully set up, I'll be building a router table from a plan I bought. It is so much more enjoyable when you have the right tools needed to do the job.
The first step in having the "right tools for the right job" begins with knowing what the job is...
Quote by Aussie: I was a long term dead beat, wife abusing, drunk, black Muslim, on the dole for decades prison escapee having been convicted of paedophilia

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:11 pm

He reckons he is gunna build a router table! Needs "plans".

He might like to look at this.

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:22 pm

Shelf up.......
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:23 pm

Shelf down....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.