Sexiest thing a man can do .........

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
sprintcyclist

Re: Sexiest thing a man can do .........

Post by sprintcyclist » Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:09 pm

Neferti~ wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:35 am
Well, I have had males say "I'll cook dinner" and when I ask "what will you cook?", they tend to say "whatever you want" but have no idea themselves. Some think "cooking" is chopping stuff, throwing it into a pan, and stirring it (using a different spoon each time). Leaving the kitchen in a mess and then patting themselves on the back because they "cooked dinner". No thanks! :rofl :rofl
HAHAHAH, I am not far off that.
Aside from the ' ...... throwing it into a pan, and stirring it (using a different spoon each time). Leaving the kitchen in a mess ....... '
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:18 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:27 am
Men of my father's generation couldn't/didn't cook except for BBQing but men nowadays tend to cook and cook well. Quite often better than women.

Both of my sons cook really imaginatively and well.
Yes, but do they plan the menu, buy the ingredients and clean up afterwards? :rofl

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:26 pm

Bobby wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:29 am
Neferti~ wrote:
Well, I have had males say "I'll cook dinner" and when I ask "what will you cook?", they tend to say "whatever you want" but have no idea themselves. Some think "cooking" is chopping stuff, throwing it into a pan, and stirring it (using a different spoon each time). Leaving the kitchen in a mess and then patting themselves on the back because they "cooked dinner". No thanks! :rofl :rofl
What about my idea above?

How about -
entree of shrimp cocktail,
New York Steak - medium rare served on a cast iron sizzle plate,
asparagus with hollandaise sauce,
roast potatoes, with a side of caesar salad?

Surely that would win the heart of any girl?
I'd prefer lobster!

PS What's for dessert?

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:28 pm

sprintcyclist wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:09 pm
Neferti~ wrote:
Aside from the ' ...... throwing it into a pan, and stirring it (using a different spoon each time). Leaving the kitchen in a mess ....... '
If you want to cook me a meal at MY place, you have to start with working out what you are going to cook and go and buy all the stuff .... and etcetera. ;)

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:26 pm

Neferti~ wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:26 pm
Bobby wrote:
Neferti~ wrote:

How about -

I'd prefer lobster!

PS What's for dessert?
No dessert except a piece of cake.
Lobster - that is better but you're asking a lot. :oops:

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:42 pm

Neferti~ wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:28 pm
sprintcyclist wrote:
Neferti~ wrote:
If you want to cook me a meal at MY place, you have to start with working out what you are going to cook and go and buy all the stuff .... and etcetera. ;)
That's all too much.
I am more a ' ..... what is in your fridge I can cook up...' sort of a guy.

My Granny used to say 'A good chef can cook a good meal out of whatever is in the fridge.'
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:46 pm

sprintcyclist wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:42 pm
Neferti~ wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:28 pm
sprintcyclist wrote:
Neferti~ wrote:
That's all too much.
I am more a ' ..... what is in your fridge I can cook up...' sort of a guy.

My Granny used to say 'A good chef can cook a good meal out of whatever is in the fridge.'
Yes, you could do that too. My pantry and fridge are full of good stuff to cook. No pasta though, I hate pasta. :yahoo

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:49 pm

Bobby wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:26 pm
Neferti~ wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:26 pm
Bobby wrote:
Neferti~ wrote:

How about -

I'd prefer lobster!

PS What's for dessert?
No dessert except a piece of cake.
Lobster - that is better but you're asking a lot. :oops:
Lobster Thermidor is easy.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/87386 ... thermidor/

What sort of cake? Hope you have already baked it (preferably chocolate) and it isn't something you got from the shop!!!

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:56 pm

Neferti~ wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:18 pm
Black Orchid wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:27 am
Men of my father's generation couldn't/didn't cook except for BBQing but men nowadays tend to cook and cook well. Quite often better than women.

Both of my sons cook really imaginatively and well.
Yes, but do they plan the menu, buy the ingredients and clean up afterwards? :rofl
Yes they do although I got the ingredients for a chicken dish and cheesecake last week because I was the one going to the supermarket.

BTW Lobster Mornay is my favourite but they don't cook that because they don't eat seafood lol.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:58 pm

Neferti~ wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:49 pm

Lobster Thermidor is easy.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/87386 ... thermidor/

What sort of cake? Hope you have already baked it (preferably chocolate) and it isn't something you got from the shop!!!

Just any cake bought from Coles.

Lobster like that is beyond my cooking skills. :)