Sleep Apnea

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
Nom De Plume

Re: Sleep Apnea

Post by Nom De Plume » Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:44 pm

My father had sleep Apnea.
He died in his sleep! Nice way to go.
He was 66. :b
"But you will run your kunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:55 pm

After a sleep study my youngest has just been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea. They say he needs a CPAP machine or a mandibular splint. Geez.

So I can confirm that it doesn't only impact overweight people. He's extremely fit and treats his body like a temple.

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:11 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:55 pm
After a sleep study my youngest has just been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea. They say he needs a CPAP machine or a mandibular splint. Geez.

So I can confirm that it doesn't only impact overweight people. He's extremely fit and treats his body like a temple.
FYI I am trying the ResMed AirSense 10 CPAP Machine which seems pretty good, but takes some getting used to the different masks, $35 per week on the trial,

I thought those Mandibular devices were mainly to stop snoring not sure how they help with sleep apnea, in my case I have periods of stopping breathing for 30 seconds or more and often cant breath through my nose without the cpap air pressure.

Anyway let me know how he goes.

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:39 pm

I'll let you know when he comes down and I can actually talk to him. He texted me that info an hour or so ago but it's too hard toing and froing in text.

He spent $10k on nasal surgery last year which obviously didn't help anything.

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:45 pm

Black Orchid wrote:

I should have mentioned that my dad wasn't fat and had just had his annual check up... blood pressure was under control and all was seemingly normal!
Still.... nice way to die.
"But you will run your kunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:18 pm

Nom De Plume wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:45 pm
Black Orchid wrote:

I should have mentioned that my dad wasn't fat and had just had his annual check up... blood pressure was under control and all was seemingly normal!
Yeah much better than being in hospital for weeks after having a stroke or something!

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:46 pm

Nom De Plume wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:45 pm
Black Orchid wrote:

Yes it is and I'm glad for your dad even though he was too young. My mum died in her sleep too.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:11 pm

Black Orchid wrote:

Gosh. How old is he? I thought that it was only older people who had sleep apnea.

Neferti

Post by Neferti » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:13 pm

Redneck wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:11 pm
Black Orchid wrote:

FYI I am trying the ResMed AirSense 10 CPAP Machine which seems pretty good, but takes some getting used to the different masks, $35 per week on the trial,

I thought those Mandibular devices were mainly to stop snoring not sure how they help with sleep apnea, in my case I have periods of stopping breathing for 30 seconds or more and often cant breath through my nose without the cpap air pressure.

How are those masks working out, Red?

Redneck

Post by Redneck » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:34 am

Neferti~ wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:13 pm
Redneck wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:11 pm
Black Orchid wrote:

How are those masks working out, Red?
Very uncomfortable bloody things I am afraid.

:evil: