Retirement

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
Mortdooley

Re: Retirement

Post by Mortdooley » Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:03 pm

My wife tells me I need to let lost opportunities go and I know she is right but the lack of professional advise still annoys me. My reason for remembering it is to not make the same mistakes again. My financial advisor no longer calls to schedule appointments because he can't sell me Mutual Funds anymore. My first advisor actually told me not to buy Stock while every one of their mutual funds under performed the S&P 500.
Taxpayers are the modern equivalent of Hebrew slaves building the pyramids for the Egyptian political class.

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:25 am

Mortdooley wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:03 pm
My wife tells me I need to let lost opportunities go and I know she is right but the lack of professional advise still annoys me. My reason for remembering it is to not make the same mistakes again. My financial advisor no longer calls to schedule appointments because he can't sell me Mutual Funds anymore. My first advisor actually told me not to buy Stock while every one of their mutual funds under performed the S&P 500.
Mutual funds are easy to sell I guess
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

Mortdooley

Post by Mortdooley » Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:03 pm

Mutual Funds are great for people who will not be taking an active roll in their investments, so are annuities. Mutual Funds can be sold and the money placed in other investments which if my advisor had switched me to a better mutual fund I might have stayed in them.
Taxpayers are the modern equivalent of Hebrew slaves building the pyramids for the Egyptian political class.