Ideas for next election

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
Nom De Plume

Re: Ideas for next election

Post by Nom De Plume » Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:30 pm

Super Nova wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:16 pm
No it will not work.

Think about it.
Why would it not work, SN?
"But you will run your kunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Super Nova

Post by Super Nova » Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:51 pm

On the matter of trolls, the mods are required to moderate them. - YES
On the matter of elections... all we are deciding on, is FDs overseer of his lesser forum. - YES he does that in a light way now. It is the membership and the El that runs the forum. FD has little active involvement, that is it's uniqueness.
Given that they are both FDs forums, I see no reason to not to have people from there, here and voting. - Except they need to be interested enough to join and active at some point. being entitled to vote just because they are in Ozpol smells of vote stakign opportunitie. People come just to influence the election. This would not be right.

To avoid socks, people from Ozpol should request to vote through FD at FDs forum. -No, they need to be members here. Just because FD is kind enough to host it, doesn;t mean they are the same, they are independent.

The FD would pass on that request to the EL. The EL has the final say as to voting rights being conferred. - The EL must comply with the constitution. Simple. If you are a member for period of time and active, you can vote. EL doesn't get a say unless that person is banned, as per constitution. EL cannot pick and choose.

To self nominate for EL, a member must have been an active member, here, for at least 6 months and not have been suspended for 6 months. - No, if they are not banned they can nominate and vote. If they don't agree with the EL snd the EL bans them for 1 hour, that doesn't make sense.

Would that work? NO
Always remember what you post, send or do on the internet is not private and you are responsible.

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:27 pm

Super Nova wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:51 pm
On the matter of trolls, the mods are required to moderate them. - YES
On the matter of elections... all we are deciding on, is FDs overseer of his lesser forum. - YES he does that in a light way now. It is the membership and the El that runs the forum. FD has little active involvement, that is it's uniqueness.
Given that they are both FDs forums, I see no reason to not to have people from there, here and voting. - Except they need to be interested enough to join and active at some point. being entitled to vote just because they are in Ozpol smells of vote stakign opportunitie. People come just to influence the election. This would not be right.

To avoid socks, people from Ozpol should request to vote through FD at FDs forum. -No, they need to be members here. Just because FD is kind enough to host it, doesn;t mean they are the same, they are independent.

The FD would pass on that request to the EL. The EL has the final say as to voting rights being conferred. - The EL must comply with the constitution. Simple. If you are a member for period of time and active, you can vote. EL doesn't get a say unless that person is banned, as per constitution. EL cannot pick and choose.

To self nominate for EL, a member must have been an active member, here, for at least 6 months and not have been suspended for 6 months. - No, if they are not banned they can nominate and vote. If they don't agree with the EL snd the EL bans them for 1 hour, that doesn't make sense.

Would that work? NO
Absurd idea. FD will not want to have to do any of that. All that is needed is for an EL to simply comply with the Constitution. The days of chasing shadows surely have gone as being totally self defeating.

If you are a Member before an election is called, you vote. Simple as that. Piss off with all these ridiculous ideas about probation etc. The Constitution does not allow for second class membership determined at the whim of whoever is EL from time to time.

Wake up people.

Why is anyone wanting to make this place a duplicate of OzPol? If I want OzPol, I post there, not here.

J o h n S m i t h

Post by J o h n S m i t h » Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:38 pm

Nom De Plume wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:30 pm
Super Nova wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:16 pm
No it will not work.

Think about it.
Why would it not work, SN?
FMD ... why would anyone want to be in two identical forums? If they're identical they'll just post where it's most active, which is certainly not here. The whole point of PA was that it was supposed to offer something different.

You don't compete with McDonalds by copying their big mac ... you offer a point of difference.

Super Nova

Post by Super Nova » Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:43 pm

Aussie wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:27 pm

If you are a Member before an election is called, you vote. Simple as that. Piss off with all these ridiculous ideas about probation etc. The Constitution does not allow for second class membership determined at the whim of whoever is EL from time to time.

Wake up people.

Why is anyone wanting to make this place a duplicate of OzPol? If I want OzPol, I post there, not here.
I can agree to with that if we make it clear that say "you have to be a member at the point the election is called, not started but called"

This is not OzPol.
Always remember what you post, send or do on the internet is not private and you are responsible.

freediver

Post by freediver » Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:04 pm

I am not going to make the GMods at the other forum responsible for counting socks here.

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:06 pm

Redneck has been added to as an Exalted Leader:

Congratulations Red.

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:25 pm

Absurd idea. FD will not want to have to do any of that. All that is needed is for an EL to simply comply with the Constitution. The days of chasing shadows surely have gone as being totally self defeating.

Wake up people.
Imagine this...

My daughter lives with me and she was thinking about registering here... That is one vote
My grandson is old enough to register here... Two votes
My brothers would register, if I ask them... Four votes
My nephews would also, as a favor to their aunt... Six votes
My 18 year old niece... Seven votes
My godsons... Nine votes
My best friend and her partner... Eleven votes
And then there is me... Twelve votes.

Now, unlike you peeps, my family know what I am up to with this little forum and how bad this forum can get... and would happily sign up and vote for me should I nominate for the next how ever many elections.

That it hasn't happened before, is simply because I never thought of it before...

I wonder if you could stop me Aussie!
The constitution allows it

Bobby

Post by Bobby » Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:30 pm

Nom De Plume wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:25 pm

Imagine this...

My daughter lives with me and she was thinking about registering here... That is one vote
My godsons... Nine votes

Now, unlike you peeps, my family know what I am up to with this little forum and how bad this forum can get... and would happily sign up and vote for me should I nominate for the next how ever many elections.

That it hasn't happened before, is simply because I never thought of it before...

And that would be OK as long as they were genuine participating members and
not just people who signed up to stack an election.

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:36 pm

Bobby wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:30 pm
Nom De Plume wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:25 pm

Imagine this...

My godsons... Nine votes

And that would be OK as long as they were genuine participating members and
not just people who signed up to stack an election.
Not according to Aussie...