Sciatica :(

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
sprintcyclist

Re: Sciatica :(

Post by sprintcyclist » Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:52 pm

Nom De Plume wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:15 pm
Tai Chi 5 Minutes a Day Module 01 - easy for beginners

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEOS2zoyQw4&t=2s
That looks terrific.
I will do it, thanks.
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

lisa jones

Post by lisa jones » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:11 pm

Happy to report that I've had no sciatica pain for a few days now.

Some important changes :

1. I now have a wooden slat which is under a new mattress. That helps a lot. (I feel centred and in place like I'm getting treatment while I sleep type of thing).

2. I've also replaced the casual dining chairs. I ordered some bentwood chairs from Temple and Webster. They look great and are a pleasure to sit down in. Very comfortable and well made (as well as very stylish). You don't want to be sitting down in pain trying to eat. And that's no longer happening.

* The formal dining room chairs are pretty much new and on the expensive side so I've left those as they are.

I'm going to go through all my shoes next. My physiotherapist reckons I need to look for orthotics as I seem to have flat feet. Not completely flat feet of course but my arch isn't as it was before my sciatica issues kicked in. Apparently all those years spent wearing high heeled shoes for 10 hrs a day ... have done damage to my spine. There you go!
I would rather die than sell my heart and soul to an online forum Anti Christ like you Monk

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:33 am

lisa jones wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:11 pm
Happy to report that I've had no sciatica pain for a few days now.

Some important changes :

1. I now have a wooden slat which is under a new mattress. That helps a lot. (I feel centred and in place like I'm getting treatment while I sleep type of thing).

2. I've also replaced the casual dining chairs. I ordered some bentwood chairs from Temple and Webster. They look great and are a pleasure to sit down in. Very comfortable and well made (as well as very stylish). You don't want to be sitting down in pain trying to eat. And that's no longer happening.

* The formal dining room chairs are pretty much new and on the expensive side so I've left those as they are.

I'm going to go through all my shoes next. My physiotherapist reckons I need to look for orthotics as I seem to have flat feet. Not completely flat feet of course but my arch isn't as it was before my sciatica issues kicked in. Apparently all those years spent wearing high heeled shoes for 10 hrs a day ... have done damage to my spine. There you go!
that is very good progress.
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.