Sciatica :(

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
lisa jones

Sciatica :(

Post by lisa jones » Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:01 pm

Has anyone experienced this bloody awful condition or known of someone close up them who has?

Dear God...sometimes I think that going through childbirth wasn't as bad.

Why?

Once your baby was born it was more or less over.

This pain is unpredictable and the nerve hitting the bone is beyond excruciating.

😩
I would rather die than sell my heart and soul to an online forum Anti Christ like you Monk

lisa jones

Re: Sciatica :(

Post by lisa jones » Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:19 pm

These pain medications are all I've got.

30 hrs of taking these (as prescribed of course).

Hopefully the camera shot will come up....sigh.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I would rather die than sell my heart and soul to an online forum Anti Christ like you Monk

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:15 pm

Don’t overdo the paracetamol, it will destroy your liver if you take too much for too long a time.

Trevor P

Post by Trevor P » Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:48 pm

I have had sciatica on and off for around 10 years, I find that heat soothes mine.

My wife is a Doctor so my consultations usually only cost a cup of tea!

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:14 pm

lisa jones wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:01 pm
Has anyone experienced this bloody awful condition or known of someone close up them who has?

Dear God...sometimes I think that going through childbirth wasn't as bad.

Why?

Once your baby was born it was more or less over.

This pain is unpredictable and the nerve hitting the bone is beyond excruciating.

😩
Yes, I have had sciatica. Somewhat breath taking, isn't it .
As impossible is this sounds, mobility helped me.

Very very very gentle cat and cow poses. Stop AS SOON as you feel it. This is NOT a 'work through the pain' rubbish.
If you can do 10% of her movement for 3 cycles, that would be great. That will be more than enough.
Do it REALLY really really slowly, feel it, hold it, relax. Breath. Swearing at me might help :-)

Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

lisa jones

Post by lisa jones » Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:36 pm

Ohhhh thank you Sprint.

I think I can do that.

I'll take a Mersyndol first.

I've been slowly moving around holding onto my painful left side and taking small steps.

Getting up off a chair and sitting down onto a chair <---- I scream a lot.

Getting up off a bed or sofa or trying to get back onto it <--- I scream a lot.

Picking things off the floor ---> bloody hell virtually impossible as I scream when I bend over a little bit.

Forget lifting heavy loads of washing. I can only lift half loads.

House work is being done but in v e r y s l o w motion (and with a lot of medication to relieve the pain).

Hubby bought me some wheat packs which I heat up in the microwave and then place down on my bed so my left side can get some heat therapy.

The last few months of pregnancy was like this. Even then I was better off because I knew once I delivered the baby it would all be over and I could close the door on all this.

Not so with sciatica. There's no due date with this condition. 😩

Trevor P

Post by Trevor P » Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:40 pm

sounds like you have a very low pain threshold, perhaps you need stronger pain meds if you cant handle it?

lisa jones

Post by lisa jones » Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:51 pm

Red

Could you please move this topic into Sparta please?

It helps to talk but I can't see the need to defend my responses in here on account of fake multi arseholes who just want to take cheap shots at me.

I'm too tired to fight them to be honest.

It's day no 3 of this and I'm trying to stay away from doctors and hospitals (because of Covid19 and I'm completely unvaccinated) 😩🥺

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:21 pm

Get a pick-up stick for picking things off the floor, a walker to make walking easier.

Sciatica does eventually go away—the material extruded by a vertebra in your back gets reabsorbed and the sciatic nerve does not touch that material anymore.

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:09 pm

lisa jones wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:36 pm
Ohhhh thank you Sprint.

I think I can do that.

I'll take a Mersyndol first.

I've been slowly moving around holding onto my painful left side and taking small steps.

Getting up off a chair and sitting down onto a chair <---- I scream a lot.

Getting up off a bed or sofa or trying to get back onto it <--- I scream a lot.

Picking things off the floor ---> bloody hell virtually impossible as I scream when I bend over a little bit.

Forget lifting heavy loads of washing. I can only lift half loads.

House work is being done but in v e r y s l o w motion (and with a lot of medication to relieve the pain).

Hubby bought me some wheat packs which I heat up in the microwave and then place down on my bed so my left side can get some heat therapy.

The last few months of pregnancy was like this. Even then I was better off because I knew once I delivered the baby it would all be over and I could close the door on all this.

Not so with sciatica. There's no due date with this condition. 😩

eeeeeeeeeeggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh - I hear you.

With me it was - Picking stuff up off the floor - No WAY !!!
Lifting anything much - NO WAY.
Sitting is not good. Stand or lie down.
Lying on my back on a wooden floor helped. Getting down to there or getting back up was not so much fun.
I'ld lie on the wooden floor, the knots in my back felt like I was balanced on 2 areas. Left hip and right shoulder.
After a while, exhausted I would fall asleep. When I awoke my back was a LOT flatter on the floor. The knots had eased.
Other floors do not work, just wood. Bare wood is good, varnished is not good.
Good carpet and underlay on wood is good.

Bit by bit. Slowly and gently.
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.