Sciatica :(

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
lisa jones

Re: Sciatica :(

Post by lisa jones » Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:21 pm

Ok so tomorrow I'll try those exercises plus lie flat on the wooden floor of our rumpus room.

Thanks for those 2 tips Sprint.

I'm nearly out of Mersyndol. I've only got 2 tablets left. So I'll organise for a telephone appointment with my doctor to get another script.

This has to get better soon. It just has to.

My doctor knows I hate hospitals. I'm so trying to avoid surgery. Yet here I am with an envelope holding a letter and the results of my CT scan from my doctor in case things get out of control and I need to call an ambulance to get to hospital ffs. Have you ever heard of anything so ridiculous?
I would rather die than sell my heart and soul to an online forum Anti Christ like you Monk

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:47 pm

Is that Day or Night strength Mersyndal? That is Codeine—addictive!

lisa jones

Post by lisa jones » Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:13 pm

How the hell do I know? I took a pic of the packet earlier and posted it somewhere in this topic.

Heck now that you've made me take a closer look at the packet I've just realised something : I'll have finished a whole packet in 4 days.

This has never happened to me before.

Another thing that's started this afternoon is this crazy itching. I can't ignore it anymore. I'm scratching my head and arms and legs. Like every 5 minutes.

Is it because of the many hot showers I'm having to relieve my sore bones?
I would rather die than sell my heart and soul to an online forum Anti Christ like you Monk

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:29 pm

Google gives the answer as always:

https://www.nps.org.au/medicine-finder/ ... te-tablets

The packet you posted is Mersyndol Forte—Night Strength.

I suggest you not take any more! Better see quack about alternative pain remedies.

Surgery is rarely of much use, nor are scans. Movement like Sprint suggested.

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:31 pm

Not that I believe you have sciatica. Just more attention seeking on your part I fancy.

Trevor P

Post by Trevor P » Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:24 am

Lisa it sounds like you may be developing an opioid addiction due to the codeine.

itching especially is a sign of withdrawal.

A visit to the doctor is probably a good idea....

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:07 am

Last edited by Jovial Monk on Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jovial Monk

Post by Jovial Monk » Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:09 am

You are right:

Signs of Codeine Addiction

There are some key signs of abuse of any opioid, but the most common side effect of medications containing codeine is nausea, especially in cough syrups. Those who take more than the recommended dose of one of these medications are likely to become nauseous. Therefore, they may also keep anti-nausea medications handy.

Other effects of codeine abuse include:
Anxiety or depression
Mood swings
Drowsiness
Sleeping more than usual
Nodding off
Decreased appetite
Weight loss
Clammy hands or feet
Stomach pain
Constipation
Itching
Slowed breathing
Changes in vision
https://americanaddictioncenters.org/codeine-addiction

lisa jones

Post by lisa jones » Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:07 am

No addiction at all!

I'm allergic to the stuff!

Contacted my doctor overnight and early this morning.

Itching is an allergic reaction. I also mentioned the nausea and throwing up. I thought it wasn't linked. Apparently it is. More evidence of an allergic reaction.

Bottom line : No more Mersyndol scripts for me. I'm allergic to codeine.

Action Plan

1. Physiotherapy

2. Another CT Scan

3. Face to face appointment with GP to discuss results and progress <--- that just means he'll see where I'm at and make a decision on whether surgery is a goer so of course I'm going to do everything I can to stay well away from any hospital. ESP with Covid19 around!

4. He also advised me to stay away from Googling my symptoms. He knows I love Googling. It's misleading as you lack the medical knowledge and expertise.

lisa jones

Post by lisa jones » Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:18 am

Jovial Monk wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:31 pm
Not that I believe you have sciatica. Just more attention seeking on your part I fancy.
God you're a POS for posting that.

I only just saw it!

I no longer bother reading anything those fake Crackey or Trevor ids post. Perhaps I ought to do the same with you.