• Staying Fit & Healthy •

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
lisa jones

• Staying Fit & Healthy •

Post by lisa jones » Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:27 am

Tell us what you do to stay fit and healthy.
I would rather die than sell my heart and soul to an online forum Anti Christ like you Monk

sprintcyclist

Re: • Staying Fit & Healthy •

Post by sprintcyclist » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:12 am

Little things often.
Do not be inactive for an extended period.
Inactivity for a while stops your metabolism.

If I start a new activity I do about 20 minutes of it gently. Then stop and do anything else.
After 30 mins or so I'll tell if those rarely used muscles/tendons are sore.

Our regular bike ride is 10kms there and back. We go beside the local creek on a bike track, stop at a coffee shop.
My dumbells are 3 kgs. Do it slowly with perfect form. 3kgs is good.
Did 10 mins of yoga on the back deck last night.
Right Wing is the Natural Progression.

lisa jones

Post by lisa jones » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:47 am

sprintcyclist wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:12 am
Little things often.

If I start a new activity I do about 20 minutes of it gently. Then stop and do anything else.

Our regular bike ride is 10kms there and back. We go beside the local creek on a bike track, stop at a coffee shop.
Those sorts of exercises look ok to me.

Hubby has a bike and does bike riding but I don't have a bike. He does about 10 km at a time. I think you'd love him Sprint lol.

I might have another look at his gym. It's part of his man cave. He lifts these weights and they're all different colours. My older son uses all that stuff too. It's essentially a no go zone for us girls. Might be time to break that rule.

Thank you ever so much for your input Sprint. I really mean it.
I would rather die than sell my heart and soul to an online forum Anti Christ like you Monk

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:57 pm

lisa jones wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:47 am
sprintcyclist wrote:
Little things often.

Hubby has a bike and does bike riding but I don't have a bike. He does about 10 km at a time. I think you'd love him Sprint lol.

I might have another look at his gym. It's part of his man cave. He lifts these weights and they're all different colours. My older son uses all that stuff too. It's essentially a no go zone for us girls. Might be time to break that rule.

He sounds like a lovely guy to me. Wish him all the best.

lisa jones

Post by lisa jones » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:39 pm

sprintcyclist wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:57 pm
lisa jones wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:47 am
sprintcyclist wrote:
Little things often.

He sounds like a lovely guy to me. Wish him all the best.
He is Sprint. Although.... I did have an argument with him tonight. It was over fitness and health. The Covid19 figures for NSW today hit 35 000. I'm totally unvaccinated and he's worried that it's just a matter of time before I come down with Covid19. As I'm not jabbed I'll end up in hospital which is the very place I'm trying to avoid (for sciatica nerve pain).

Just thinking here ....wouldn't it be horrible if a person ended up in hospital because of Covid19 AND sciatica at this point in time ?!? Oh and for added effect ....let's add a critical nursing shortage to that picture 😳

Trevor P

Post by Trevor P » Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:21 am

I have been very lucky with my health, My wife being a doctor helps with that!

I still try and walk at least 5km every morning and my wife usually does a 5km run and we did the Kokoda trail a few years back which was enjoyable

I find the gym unnecessary and a harbour of men with steroid addictions and self esteem issues...

lisa jones

Post by lisa jones » Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:31 pm

Trevor P wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:21 am

I still try and walk at least 5km every morning and my wife usually does a 5km run and we did the Kokoda trail a few years back which was enjoyable

I find the gym unnecessary and a harbour of men with steroid addictions and self esteem issues...
I'm often told that the gyms of today are notorious hot spots for Covid19 and they're apparently pick up joints too 😳

I think gyms are a waste of money. Especially if you have a home gym anyway.

sprintcyclist

Post by sprintcyclist » Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:47 pm

Trevor P wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:21 am

That would be about the best thing you could do for your self.

lisa jones

Post by lisa jones » Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:03 pm

Staying motivated wrt fitness and health during heat waves. <--- not easy for me.

The good news is that the temperature here is about to drop 7 degrees within the next 30 minutes

We'll be mowing all our lawns. That's usually my job as I'm very neat and tidy (plus the mower is light so it's good exercise). As I'm pain free today I'm going to take my time and see how that goes. I'll just walk with the mower as though it's a stroller or a supermarket trolley.

Hubby always does the edging and hedging. I can't lift those types of machines as they're too heavy for me. Plus I'm scared of the blades.

I'll finish off by hosing down the garden. After that, the kids and I will wash the golden retriever. He loves water and baths.

Then it's clean up time (thank God we have a mud room/bathroom/laundry downstairs for all that.

After that it's upstairs for a light dinner. I'm thinking (because it's so hot I'll just prep a few garden salads with the tomatoes and cucumbers the kids and I picked this morning plus I'll cut up some cheese ( Greek Feta and Swiss ) and some triple smoked ham. Something simple and easy.

Hubby was hoping for a bbq (because he saw some lamb cutlets marinading away in the back fridge). I told him it's not happening today. He's still trying to pick up
his bottom lip from off the floor.

(I have no idea why men love bbq meat so much. It's not good for their health plus it sets a poor example to kids. If we all ate more fresh fruit and vegetables we would be better off health wise)

Time to kick start the above process.

Catch you all tomorrow. Cheers.

Jim Lahey

Post by Jim Lahey » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:19 pm

lisa jones wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:03 pm
Staying motivated wrt fitness and health during heat waves. <--- not easy for me.

The good news is that the temperature here is about to drop 7 degrees within the next 30 minutes

We'll be mowing all our lawns. That's usually my job as I'm very neat and tidy (plus the mower is light so it's good exercise). As I'm pain free today I'm going to take my time and see how that goes. I'll just walk with the mower as though it's a stroller or a supermarket trolley.

Hubby always does the edging and hedging. I can't lift those types of machines as they're too heavy for me. Plus I'm scared of the blades.

I'll finish off by hosing down the garden. After that, the kids and I will wash the golden retriever. He loves water and baths.

Then it's clean up time (thank God we have a mud room/bathroom/laundry downstairs for all that.

After that it's upstairs for a light dinner. I'm thinking (because it's so hot I'll just prep a few garden salads with the tomatoes and cucumbers the kids and I picked this morning plus I'll cut up some cheese ( Greek Feta and Swiss ) and some triple smoked ham. Something simple and easy.

Hubby was hoping for a bbq (because he saw some lamb cutlets marinading away in the back fridge). I told him it's not happening today. He's still trying to pick up
his bottom lip from off the floor.

(I have no idea why men love bbq meat so much. It's not good for their health plus it sets a poor example to kids. If we all ate more fresh fruit and vegetables we would be better off health wise)

Time to kick start the above process.

Catch you all tomorrow. Cheers.
fuck off skank