• Organic Home Gardening •

Home, Family, Pets, Food, Gardening, Hobbies and General Lifestyle topics.
lisa jones

• Organic Home Gardening •

Post by lisa jones » Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:09 am

Ok my neighbour from Sparta a few doors up has given me a bag of broadbeans to plant out (she had extra). Soooo tomorrow morning I'm gonna start planting.

I'll take a few screenshots of the process for fellow Political Animals to see just how these plants grow. It's truly wonderful to see nature evolving daily before your eyes through gardening.
I would rather die than sell my heart and soul to an online forum Anti Christ like you Monk

Jovial Monk

Re: • Organic Home Gardening •

Post by Jovial Monk » Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:31 pm

LOL!

UnSubRocky

Post by UnSubRocky » Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:15 pm

Tomorrow, I am going to the Rockhampton City Council to pick up some free native plants for my garden. Since I am dumping grass clippings in the garden, I might as well use the garden to plant some good trees.

lisa jones

Post by lisa jones » Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:40 pm

UnSubRocky wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:15 pm
Tomorrow, I am going to the Rockhampton City Council to pick up some free native plants for my garden. Since I am dumping grass clippings in the garden, I might as well use the garden to plant some good trees.
Good work 👌
I would rather die than sell my heart and soul to an online forum Anti Christ like you Monk

UnSubRocky

Post by UnSubRocky » Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:41 pm

Ahhh shit... I forgot to go over and get some plants.

lisa jones

Post by lisa jones » Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:23 am

UnSubRocky wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:41 pm
Ahhh shit... I forgot to go over and get some plants.
You're not a true gardener then. True gardeners never forget plants as they're like babies to them.

God I can't wait to start seeing my garden thrive this Spring. Winter is sooo boring. I only have silver beet and heaps of winter Cos lettuce 🥬 <---- that stuff is worth a lot these days unfortunately.

Oh of course I have all the usual herbs and I've even got spuds 🥔 and sweet potatoes 🍠 (these are so easy to grow if you're not much of a gardener) but it's SPRING time that I love the most. Summer is also a very productive month (lots of tomatoes and cucumbers).

For whatever reason...gardening brings me close to my mother (the greenest thumbs in Australia I reckon and I'm not biased lol) and of course to God and Nature. It's so soothing for one's soul. And it blesses those around you with organically produced super fresh fruit and veges which unfortunately are (and should not be) very expensive.

UnSubRocky

Post by UnSubRocky » Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:25 pm

I had a real problem with my mower this week and had to borrow my father's mower. The lawn got mown the other day. But, yesterday, it seems that the lawn is looking healthy for the first time in a long time.

No, I am not a real gardener. The last time I planted seeds in the garden, I just pushed the seeds into the soil and gave them a mild watering. I have no considerable idea of how to plant seeds for proper growth. But, for now, I am more concerned with the way the house is leaning.

lisa jones

Post by lisa jones » Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:55 pm

UnSubRocky wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:25 pm
I had a real problem with my mower this week and had to borrow my father's mower. The lawn got mown the other day. But, yesterday, it seems that the lawn is looking healthy for the first time in a long time.

No, I am not a real gardener. The last time I planted seeds in the garden, I just pushed the seeds into the soil and gave them a mild watering. I have no considerable idea of how to plant seeds for proper growth. But, for now, I am more concerned with the way the house is leaning.
😳😳😳