Civil unrest globally.

America, Europe, Asia and the rest of the world
Aussie

Re: Civil unrest globally.

Post by Aussie » Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:51 pm

You forgot to mention where the Ukraine Russia border is post Minsk II.

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:59 pm

Crowds are gathering in cities across the country as more than 1,000 childcare centres shut down and thousands of early childhood workers protest over pay and conditions.

United Workers Union (UWU) early education director Helen Gibbons described the shutdown as "the largest action of early educators that this country has ever seen".

Some centres have closed for a full day, while others have only been shut for a few hours.

The UWU estimated at least 70,000 families would be affected by the closures.

Ms Gibbons said the sector's workers were calling for change because the existing system was: "Not delivering for educators … not delivering for children … and not delivering for families."

"We need real reform," she said.

Ms Gibbons said workers taking part in the industrial action were focusing their efforts on three demands.

"Pay us what we're worth and give us a reason to stay in the sector," she said.
https://www.msn.com/en-au/money/markets ... estro=true
Even if they pay them a livable wage... that would be a start
"But you will run your kunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

Aussie

Post by Aussie » Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:04 pm

How much are they paid now?

Nom De Plume

Post by Nom De Plume » Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:09 pm

Thousands of nurses and midwives across New South Wales are today taking their turn to walk off the job for 24 hours, just a day after the Sydney public transport network effectively shut down.
Nurses and midwives are calling for better staff-to-patient ratios and pay increases after shouldering a massive workload during the pandemic.
Dozens of community rallies will take place outside hospitals all over the state from 7am.
https://www.9news.com.au/national/sydne ... 4222350391
And it will only get worse.
"But you will run your kunt mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."

The Grappler

Post by The Grappler » Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:44 pm

Got enough here - apparently the Warriors of the Aboriginal Resistance consider themselves 'at war' with the country that feeds them... on top of that there is an opposition group started up - lost the name but something like Warriors Against the Aboriginal Resistance.... direct opposition.

Warned yez about constantly playing surrender monkey to strident minorities, and electing a government that supports them over you.

How long will it be, d'ya reckon? Anyone who demands 'respect' all the time and then refuses to give it can take a walk. :h

The Grappler

Post by The Grappler » Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:51 pm

Nom De Plume wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:09 pm
Thousands of nurses and midwives across New South Wales are today taking their turn to walk off the job for 24 hours, just a day after the Sydney public transport network effectively shut down.
Nurses and midwives are calling for better staff-to-patient ratios and pay increases after shouldering a massive workload during the pandemic.
Dozens of community rallies will take place outside hospitals all over the state from 7am.
https://www.9news.com.au/national/sydne ... 4222350391
And it will only get worse.
In some ways I agree with the nurses, and the blame is on governments which have not focused on their core duties, such as infrastructure including hospitals, schools, etc, and have wandered off into the wildest realms of social science despotism over the general populace instead, pouring billions into QANGOS and such to service the crying (courtesy of Lefty) of minorities who imagine themselves somehow 'more entitled' (kinda reminds you of Orwell, eh?), and creating special bodies to cater to small minorities who, in some cases, already have mega such way over and above that enjoyed by the common person (non-special interest group, Mk I)...

Patient rations should be lower, same as student/teacher etc, and more qualified staff should be available - we have plenty of graduates HERE and don't really need to import from Offshore where the standards may not be so high.

I also grow tired of this being used as a platform to pursue the mythical 'wage gap' that I've long buried for you with real figures.

Outlaw Yogi

Post by Outlaw Yogi » Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:52 pm

I remember back in 2014 when the majority of Ukranianians opposed their Ruski puppet Prez and, protested about his dodgey re-election.
The Ruski puppet skitched the riot police onto the protestors, so the people tooled up with their own battons, shields, helmets and smashed the riot police.
At the time I said "This will frighten every government on the planet, 'coz this can happen anywhere".

Probably a bit over 10 years ago now, the Brits ran an experiment to see how long it would take for social order to break down if the food supply was cut. The result was 4 days.

In Oz we're dependent on imported motor fuel. No fuel, no supermarket supplies.

We need to start converting internal combustion engines to run on hydrogen gas.
A lithium powered EV and a bottle of water is a fire bomb a terrorist can (and probably will) burn high rise building down with.
If Donald Trump is so close to the Ruskis, why couldn't he get Vladimir Putin to put novichok in Xi Jjinping's lipstick?