Trump Bans Transgenders in US Military

America, Europe, Asia and the rest of the world
Rorschach

Re: Trump Bans Transgenders in US Military

Post by Rorschach » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:51 pm

On the one hand I think that anyone who wants to serve their country should be allowed to do so.

On the other hand, I do not think the Pentagon should cover the medical expenses of "transitioning". That is asking for trouble and encouraging people to join the military for selfish reasons relating to furthering their own agendas.

I think you should expect to receive a good and free education when you join the military and want to fight for your country but sex change surgery? Really?
Totally agree with those statements, but I'm not in 2 minds about them. It doesn't require 2 minds.
Join up if you want.
Don't expect the government to pay for your sex change though.
If you pay for your own sex change and due to that you become unfit for the position you had, then so be it, you lose your job.
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

BigOl64

Post by BigOl64 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:10 pm

Black Orchid wrote:
Donald Trump has said he will not allow transgender individuals to serve in the United States military in any capacity, seemingly unwinding landmark Pentagon policy just 12 months after a transgender ban was lifted.

The Pentagon released a statement saying that all questions on Mr Trump's transgender ban should be referred to the White House.

The announcement, in a series of unexpected Twitter posts, drew swift condemnation from rights groups and politicians on both sides as "raw prejudice" with purely political motives, but it was praised by conservative activists and some Republicans.

Up until five years ago, the US military still banned gay troops from openly discussing their sexuality under a "don't ask, don't tell" policy.

But in June 2016, after years of progress to open up the doors to women and the gay community, the Pentagon announced transgender personnel would no longer be barred from serving openly in the US military, in what was considered a major milestone, despite criticisms.

Australian culture is becoming increasingly queer friendly, but sometimes progress doesn't feel fast enough.
Under last year's policy, the Pentagon said it would cover medical expenses related to being transgender, including gender reassignment surgeries when they are deemed "medically necessary".

There are currently as many as 250 service members in the process of transitioning to their preferred genders or who have been approved to formally change gender within the Pentagon's personnel system, according to several defence officials.

But Mr Trump's latest tweets said the US military could no longer afford to be "burdened" by the medical costs and disruption of transgender individuals.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-26/t ... ry/8747018

I am in two minds. On the one hand I think that anyone who wants to serve their country should be allowed to do so.

On the other hand, I do not think the Pentagon should cover the medical expenses of "transitioning". That is asking for trouble and encouraging people to join the military for selfish reasons relating to furthering their own agendas.

I think you should expect to receive a good and free education when you join the military and want to fight for your country but sex change surgery? Really?

Yeah, nah

Only certain people get to be allowed to serve and most forces discriminate for a range of reasons. medical, psychologica; and even on character.

Rule One; You will adapt the needs of the military, the military does not adapt to your needs.

Rule two; see rule one

Black Orchid

Post by Black Orchid » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:03 pm

It's the hormones that bother me in a combat situation. Whether it be male hormones in a person born female or female hormones in a person born a male. It makes for erratic thought patterns and neurological responses either way.

If Diabetics are not allowed to serve then neither should anyone who has to take prolonged medication. I don't see why people with bad teeth are rejected. Why shouldn't they be accepted and be offered dental work?

It's just pandering to minorities in the very branch of the system that should keep their rules rigid. It's life and death.

cods

Post by cods » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:59 am

Black Orchid wrote:It's the hormones that bother me in a combat situation. Whether it be male hormones in a person born female or female hormones in a person born a male. It makes for erratic thought patterns and neurological responses either way.

If Diabetics are not allowed to serve then neither should anyone who has to take prolonged medication. I don't see why people with bad teeth are rejected. Why shouldn't they be accepted and be offered dental work?

It's just pandering to minorities in the very branch of the system that should keep their rules rigid. It's life and death.

I get that but why allow them to join in the first place.??? to just up and take that away is pretty disrespectful may as well say women can join one day but not the next....

these are still human beings... like gay people they dont choose to be transgender....I think its shows massive intolerance to be honest....

they would have known about the on going hormones before they made the decision they could join in the first place..

J o h n S m i t h

Post by J o h n S m i t h » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:16 am

he hasn't banned anything yet.
When questioned about the new policy the chief of the military told reporters that no one has been banned since he hadn't received any orders to that effect.

Apparently Twitter is not a recognised military communications tool to pass/ receive orders from the commander and chief :rofl :rofl

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:39 am

like gay people they dont choose to be transgender.
Really? :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

They choose to change their sex.... choose.... get it.

BTW there is no evidence that people are born gay. That is a myth.
DOLT - A person who is stupid and entirely tedious at the same time, like bwian. Oblivious to their own mental incapacity. On IGNORE - Warrior, mellie, Nom De Plume, FLEKTARD

J o h n S m i t h

Post by J o h n S m i t h » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:50 am

Rorschach wrote:
like gay people they dont choose to be transgender.
Really? :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

They choose to change their sex.... choose.... get it.

BTW there is no evidence that people are born gay. That is a myth.
there is no evidence that they're not. That is a myth.

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:43 am

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

great argument? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Stop wasting my time. :du

J o h n S m i t h

Post by J o h n S m i t h » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:21 pm

Rorschach wrote::rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

great argument? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Stop wasting my time. :du
do you see how stupid your argument is now?

boxy

Post by boxy » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:05 pm

J o h n S m i t h wrote:he hasn't banned anything yet.
When questioned about the new policy the chief of the military told reporters that no one has been banned since he hadn't received any orders to that effect.

Apparently Twitter is not a recognised military communications tool to pass/ receive orders from the commander and chief :rofl :rofl
The main reason for this twittering is to troll liberals and distract from his other bullshit.

Doesn't mean he wont follow through, of course. He couldn't give a shit about any minorities, despite pretending to be LGBTI friendly for the election.

BTW, did you see where all those he has blocked on twitter are suing, because he's making it his go to for "official" govt. announcements :rofl
Since Twitter users who have been blocked cannot read or respond to Trump’s tweets, the suit argues, blocking users for their political beliefs “imposes a viewpoint-based restriction on ... participation in a public forum” and violates the first amendment.
"But you will run your fluffy bunny mouth at me. And I will take it, to play poker."